Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I Need Help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BallaBaby

I let one of my friends borrow some books for school, and now everytime I call her to get them back she always forgets. I have a paper due tomorrow and was wondering if you guys could help me find some info. I have to answer this question:

Are Too Many Children Receiving Ritalin?

What do you guys think?
I think so..
Well, with a kid that has ADHD, I wouldnt let his dr's put him on ritalin.. Too many side effects to that medicine.. There are other meds on the market than ritalin.. I dont like ritalin, but see nothing wrong with the fact that if a kid TRULY needs the meds, they should be put on them to help him.. He is now 12 years old and been on meds for it, first adderall and now staterra ( strattera is NOT an addictin meds like adderal and ritalin) since he was 7.. The meds has helped him tremendously..
Personally I think some kids should be on the medication, but i do think that they overuse a lot of it.. Lack of discipline in children are the reason most act the way they do today. Instead of filling a kid full of pills, i think sometimes a smack on the ass can get the same job done..

Sure some kids are hyperactive and obnoxious, but that's just them being kids.. if they get out of control try a more stern discipline. One thing i've noticed is instead of parents trying to train their kids, they put them on medicine as an easy way out..

BallaBaby

Thanks guys, that helps a lot. My paper only has to be a page or 2 so thanks
Well mine had tests ran on them and everything.. AFTER discipline wouldnt work, he was put on the meds.. It has increased his ability to do a lot of things and before on the meds, he would have awful attacks of anxiety and actually had to have tests ran on him for ulcers.. The meds have helped that too.. Some kids just have an imbalance, that NO discipline will fix.. I see no shame or blame on kids being on meds, IF they truly truly need it.. My kid is one of those