Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dead Period!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are you guys going to be doing during dead period? Vacation?
I get you when you say dead period. My line will be wet and my Crankbait will be deflecting off of every piece of brush below the surface.
LOL That is funny.
cougarpride08 Wrote:What are you guys going to be doing during dead period? Vacation?

BASKETBALL FOOTBALL
CAMPS CAMPS CAMPS
:Thumbs:
That is what you all need to be doing. Just don't do it illegally.
how long is the dead period?
Recznik Wrote:BASKETBALL FOOTBALL
CAMPS CAMPS CAMPS

no camps
weights and wind sprints....
put a car in nuetral and let the lineman go to town on foot speed.
I will be following the child around doing the following::::

Baseball.... (travel team that is).....
Weights (personal use)
Speed Training
Dead period is from June 25th to July 9th.
You would be better off just sleeping those days. Can't do nothing organize unless you have a weight bench at home.
Baseball and lots of it
Watching old football games, or playing madden on the video game.
cougarpride08 Wrote:You would be better off just sleeping those days. Can't do nothing organize unless you have a weight bench at home.

Taking the dead period off and doing nothing doesn't win a state championship. You got to get out there and work your @#$ off even when the coaches are not there to push you.
Give these guys places to go so they can work out.
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:Taking the dead period off and doing nothing doesn't win a state championship. You got to get out there and work your @#$ off even when the coaches are not there to push you.

Join a gym for a couple of weeks..... go daily and have a nice, hard workout!!!
We have one here in Whitesburg where they can go. It is mostly for physical therapy, but I think they have a full workout center.
If the kids are going to play, they need to keep themselves at least lifting and doing some cardio...... You can't lay idle for 2 weeks and then come back out and expect to be in top notch shape........ determination, hard work, and endurance will win out in the end!! Two weeks doing nothing will show.....
Tell that to them! I wish they would take it seriously.
Hit the weight bench 3 days a week, work my garden (if the rain will let up ) , & keep that fish hook as wet as possible.
Smile Fishing sounds like a good idea.
Kids during dead period need to do something that they very seldom get to do in this day in time w/ athletics going year 'round and this is, BE A KID!

I'm a diehard sports fanatic, played them all in high school and played college football all of my years. But, it comes a point in time when all of these camps, weights, conitioning, etc. need to take a seat for two weeks and you kids, go be kids.
Harry Doyle Wrote:Kids during dead period need to do something that they very seldom get to do in this day in time w/ athletics going year 'round and this is, BE A KID!

I'm a diehard sports fanatic, played them all in high school and played college football all of my years. But, it comes a point in time when all of these camps, weights, conitioning, etc. need to take a seat for two weeks and you kids, go be kids.

I agree, and that is why most of them take a vacation during this time.
Ill be lifting 4 days out of the week and working on my cardio.
Good for you. Just don't overdue it.
Don't worry i still know how to relax lol. I plan on camping and swimming alot during this time off also.
so lets see if this is rite July 10 football starts back up but for 10 days theres no full contact with pads?
mainly going to the YMCA durin the 2 week period
I am going to Disney! LOL, No, went there last week... I guess that I will just go to Tenn.
Pages: 1 2