Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central's Mike Conley to Centre College
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He will sign later this week, but made the phone call last night. Great school and bright future ahead for him there.
Congrats Mike
Congrats Mike Conley.
Congratulations Mike!!!
What position does he play?
3sporteagle Wrote:He will sign later this week, but made the phone call last night. Great school and bright future ahead for him there.

Centre College dosen't offer Athletic Scolarships. It's strictly an academic institution. They give academic scollarships only. If you chose to play sports there anyone can try out. I'm sure Mike will have no problem making the baseball team and I understand he is a great student, therefore I'm sure he will be on academic scollarship.
Heard him talking about this the other night. Congrats and Good luck Mike!
Congrats and good luck!!!
Congrats MIke..Best of Luck to you in the future! Well deserving!
Congrats Mike.
kyrifle Wrote:Centre College dosen't offer Athletic Scolarships. It's strictly an academic institution. They give academic scollarships only. If you chose to play sports there anyone can try out. I'm sure Mike will have no problem making the baseball team and I understand he is a great student, therefore I'm sure he will be on academic scollarship.
Mike is a Governor's Scholar. Great student, very, very good baseball player that fields the ball great, is a strong pitgher and as tough an out as there is. Nobody said Centre was offering him a baseball scholly, but he doesn't have to try out.
Centre has got themsrlf a "GEM" IMO! Congrats Mike!! Good luck to ya!
Congrats Mike
The Guru Wrote:Mike is a Governor's Scholar. Great student, very, very good baseball player that fields the ball great, is a strong pitgher and as tough an out as there is. Nobody said Centre was offering him a baseball scholly, but he doesn't have to try out.
Centre has got themsrlf a "GEM" IMO! Congrats Mike!! Good luck to ya!

If you look at the very first post it says, He will sign later this week, which implies there is an athletic scolly to be had. I was mearly pointing out that Center dosen't offer athletic scollarships. Too many times people want to mislead the public on situations like this. He will play baseball at Centre because he wants to continue playing after his high school days. Center is the best education in the state, and I am proud that another 15th region player is getting the chance to play at the next level. It dosen't matter what level you play after high school, you will encounter some very good competition. Good luck to Mike, hope he enjoy's every minute of the college life it's a great experience.
kyrifle Wrote:If you look at the very first post it says, He will sign later this week, which implies there is an athletic scolly to be had. I was mearly pointing out that Center dosen't offer athletic scollarships. Too many times people want to mislead the public on situations like this. He will play baseball at Centre because he wants to continue playing after his high school days. Center is the best education in the state, and I am proud that another 15th region player is getting the chance to play at the next level. It dosen't matter what level you play after high school, you will encounter some very good competition. Good luck to Mike, hope he enjoy's every minute of the college life it's a great experience.
I understand what you said but was just pointing out that Mike doesn't have to try out, that he is or will be on the team. The quality education is the main thing!:Thumbs: