Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anyone been in the Expo Center yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was looking at their photo gallery on their website and I found a picture of the inside of the Expo Center, and I have to say that I am very impressed by how this arena looks on the inside. I heard that they had some problems getting a big crowd in for the 3 Doors Down Concert, hopefully they will learn from their mistakes. There doesn't look to be a bad seat in the arena, and I have to say it is a lot nicer than I anticipated it would be.

Here is a link to the picture of the inside of the Expo Center.
http://gallery.eastkyexpo.com/view_photo...how&id=abk
I've been in it... it is really nice
That looks amazing...I can't wait to go...
Yea I went to the rodeo they had saturday night and really that place doesnt have a bad seat....So I think the MAC is a short timer lol
I went to the Big Boy Toy Show with Reizvoll and his brother and you could tell that for an event you could not really have a bad seat. Can't wait for a band that I actually want to see to come.
Yeah really...I wanted to go to the 3 Doors Down concert but as you all know... I had no transportation...
I haven't been inside the Expo Center yet but it just seems so much nicer than I thought it would be. The people of EKY, esp. the Big Sandy Region, are very lucky to get a facility as state of the art and top notch as the Expo Center. It seems bigger than I thought it would be also...I really believe that they will be able to get bigger and better shows than I ever imagined coming to Pikeville.
Yeah really...
alot of my friends went ,said the show was awsome (3 doors down one)
Same here Cheem, mine told me that they loved Shinedown.
The Expo Center looks great......
yeah shinedown was supposed to be the best
The Shinedown/3 Doors Down concert was awesome!!!! That arena was packed with roughly 4-5, maybe 6 thousand people. The bands were unbelievable. And the building is an excellent place for concerts, shows, or anything else. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe the Girls and Boys 15th Region basketball tournaments are going to be held there this season aren't they?
I heard it was a rumor...I haven't any confirmation to it.
There should be many great bands that will be coming into the Expo Center. I mean for one, its located right off U.S. 23...and we know that this highway runs right into other big cities..one of them being that of Columbus, Ohio...So I expect to see the Expo Center attract some big attention from some high popularity bands and perfromances..I was also told that the Harlem Globetrotters were coming...Anyone have any info on this???
No ticket information available as of yet but as you can see by following the link I provided the Globetrotters will be there on January 13th. Wonder if former Wildcat Wayne Turner is still on the squad???

http://eastkyexpo.com/index.php?n=45&id=45
Thats great, I cant wait, i went and seen the original Globetratters when i was just a weee Little boy in Huntington WVa.
Thought about going to the Globetrotters show as well.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:The Shinedown/3 Doors Down concert was awesome!!!! That arena was packed with roughly 4-5, maybe 6 thousand people. The bands were unbelievable. And the building is an excellent place for concerts, shows, or anything else. And if I'm not mistaken, I believe the Girls and Boys 15th Region basketball tournaments are going to be held there this season aren't they?

thats what i've heard too...
that would be awesome
i think they did a great job on that whole building
The Warrior Classic is going to held there and they are discussing holding regional tournaments there as well.

Be a great place if you ask me BUT the thing that makes regionals so special is being all packed in with your friends and burning up and cheering so loud in those small gyms that you can't hear yourself think...
thats true
but how great would it be if the expo center was packed an everybody was screamin so loud u couldnt hear yourself think?
that would be wild

even though the chances of that happenin for high school basketball is like slim to none
IDK I dont think it would be too hard to accomplish that go panthers, b/c its not really big and not small but if you get two teams with some rowdy fans it can get real loud in a hurry..
I would love to see my Warriors make it to Regionals and have a packed house for their game. I love it when all of our fans come together and over cheering the other team's fans is what part of it is about.
yea but seems like most of the fans only come together if its a HUGE game or something like that
So true, so true.
The first year The Tribe was rocking for ALOT of games.
Our regular season district games against Pikeville and Shelby Valley were packed.
Everyone came out the first year to watch and support but slowly the shine started wearing off and people didn't cancel other plans just to go to the games anymore because they had already satisfied the urge of being noisy and wondering how the team was.
The past couple of years the games against Valley and Pikeville have been pretty good as far as fanbase. East Ridge just doesn't have the community support like it should, in any sport.
District and regionals are when it really counts though and for that I can say that I thank every single person who drives an hour to see our teams play.
I have heard from 2 different people in Pikeville that I trust on the issue that there is a good chance that Hank Williams Jr. and Kid Rock could be rocking the Expo Center next year during Hillbilly Days.
PHSFAN Wrote:I have heard from 2 different people in Pikeville that I trust on the issue that there is a good chance that Hank Williams Jr. and Kid Rock could be rocking the Expo Center next year during Hillbilly Days.
Dang PHS...that would be huge! :omg:
Kid Rock puts on an awesome show.

I could see the drunks lined up for that one..but that would draw a huuuuuge crowd.
PHSFAN Wrote:I have heard from 2 different people in Pikeville that I trust on the issue that there is a good chance that Hank Williams Jr. and Kid Rock could be rocking the Expo Center next year during Hillbilly Days.

I'm not sure it will be during Hillbilly Days, but it will happen sometime soon and I know this for a fact
I heard that it is in the works to bring them in for Hillbilly Days, though nothing is final right now. I really hope they have it then because I will be in town for sure, but regardless of when it is that is one concert that I will drive to Pikeville to watch.
Pages: 1 2