Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Overrated/Underrated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In your opinion,who are the most overated/underated athletes or coaches in pro sports?
for a coach i'm not a big jeff fisher fan
for a overated player i'd pick carson palmer, not the leader he should be.
underated would have to be big ben or hines ward, two super bowls in three years and everyone still wants to talk about brady and moss.
bigjim4packers Wrote:for a coach i'm not a big jeff fisher fan
for a overated player i'd pick carson palmer, not the leader he should be.
underated would have to be big ben or hines ward, two super bowls in three years and everyone still wants to talk about brady and moss.

I agree with you will all of your picks except Jeff Fisher. I have always been a fan of Fisher. For overated, I would add Tony Romo. The man has done nothing but choke, but is always getting ink. In baseball Aroid is greatly overated. All he does is produce numbers in meaningless games. I think Scottie Pippen is the most overated player of all time in the NBA. He rode Michael Jordan's coattails to six titles. I think Wes Welker is one of most underated players in football. He is a tough little guy that is not afraid to mix it up. I think he is very similar to Hines Ward in the style of play.
in My Opinion I Think Kobe Bryant Is The Most Overrated Player In Nba History the most underrated player Lebron James ..... in football i would have to say the 2 Overrated players would be T.O. ... Chad Johnson..... most underrated football player Tom Brady and Randy Moss... as far coaches the most overrated coach Roy Williams. the most underrated coach ...... Coach k
DukeFan4life Wrote:in My Opinion I Think Kobe Bryant Is The Most Overrated Player In Nba History the most underrated player Lebron James ..... in football i would have to say the 2 Overrated players would be T.O. ... Chad Johnson..... most underrated football player Tom Brady and Randy Moss... as far coaches the most overrated coach Roy Williams. the most underrated coach ...... Coach k

I'm scratching my head on this quote.

I'm not a Kobe fan, but the man has 4 rings!:dontthink

The NBA really "underrated" Lebron by naming MVP.:dontthink

I agree with T.O. and Johnson.:Thumbs:

Brady and Moss?? Their all you here about. I like them both, but their not "underrated".:dontthink

Just an observation.
Roy Williams? Coach K?:dontthink

Oh!! I get it, your a Cav/Pat/Duke fan. So that makes those great programs "underrated" and the teams/players you don't like are "overrated".
I think Dirk Nowitzki is overrated
I also think carmelo is overrated !!!
Overrated -Brett Farve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Underrated-Hines Ward
NBA

Overrated: Allen Iverson - even though he helped the Sixers get to the NBA championship, his career has been a true disappointment as it equates to the teams he has played for. It was apparent most when he wound up with Detroit. He completely destroyed chemistry that was laid down a maybe the most underrated player in the league.....

Underrated: Chauncey Billups - was there any question in anyones mind who the real leader of the Pistons was after Chauncey was pushed out of Detroit and replaced by AI? The Pistons went from perennial contender to washed up in a matter of a few weeks. Chauncey instantly gave creditability and a term that was NEVER used when mentioning the Nuggets "Toughness". He literally changed that team into the 2nd best team in the Western Conference. I look for them to push past the Lakers next year with Chauncey at the helm.
eagle dad 2014 Wrote:I'm scratching my head on this quote.

I'm not a Kobe fan, but the man has 4 rings!:dontthink

The NBA really "underrated" Lebron by naming MVP.:dontthink

I agree with T.O. and Johnson.:Thumbs:

Brady and Moss?? Their all you here about. I like them both, but their not "underrated".:dontthink

Just an observation.
Roy Williams? Coach K?:dontthink

Oh!! I get it, your a Cav/Pat/Duke fan. So that makes those great programs "underrated" and the teams/players you don't like are "overrated".

Lol, Al most Dead On

T.o runs his mouth but is not overrAted,
Stardust Wrote:NBA

Overrated: Allen Iverson - even though he helped the Sixers get to the NBA championship, his career has been a true disappointment as it equates to the teams he has played for. It was apparent most when he wound up with Detroit. He completely destroyed chemistry that was laid down a maybe the most underrated player in the league.....

Underrated: Chauncey Billups - was there any question in anyones mind who the real leader of the Pistons was after Chauncey was pushed out of Detroit and replaced by AI? The Pistons went from perennial contender to washed up in a matter of a few weeks. Chauncey instantly gave creditability and a term that was NEVER used when mentioning the Nuggets "Toughness". He literally changed that team into the 2nd best team in the Western Conference. I look for them to push past the Lakers next year with Chauncey at the helm.

And saying allen iverson is overrated? thats a joke, yea the pistons didnt do so well with him in the lineup, but why didnt they do well when he was gone with back injurys? because rasheed Wallace is washed up, stuckey isnt the future, rip needs a true point guard, and prince didnt show up to play, you cANt take anything away from Allen iverson being 3rd in scoring of all time and leading the sixers to a nba finals with just .....................yea nobody, so when iverson is with the bobcats next year under larry brown and hes shining once again come back and fix your post Smile
Overrated - Tracy McGrady, Terrell Owens

Underrated - Chauncy Billups, Derrick Fisher, Jason Taylor
Overated-Eli Manning
He is one great drive in a super bowl away from being a draft bust.

Underated-Ben Roethlisberger
The guy is this generations John Elway.

Very much agreed.

Joe Dumars should have never made this trade.

Billups has 5 seasons or so left in him and Stuckey has 13-15 more seasons left in him, so Dumars could have still been planning for the future keeping Billups on the roster.

Acquiring AI was a terrible decision because he just isn't good enough to lead a team to an NBA championship. He is still one heck of a player, but very overrated.
Overrated- Dale Earnhardt Jr, Tony Homo, Jay Cutler, Chad Johnson, the Yankees, Jerry Jones

Underrated- Adrian Gonzalez (1b-Padres), Ben Roethlisberger (that guy that has two big fat shiny rings for the greatest pro franchise in all of sports), Drew Brees, Alan Faneca, Thomas Jones, Mike Lowell, David Reutimann, Lyoto Machida, Dan Rooney
Overrated- Dale Earnhardt Jr., Terrell Owens, Derek Jeter

Underrated- Chauncey Billups, Kerry Collins, TJ Houshmanadeh, Ryan Newman
Overrated-- LeBron James, C. C. Sabathia, and Jay Cutler

Underrated-- Chauncy Billups, Adrian Gonzalez, Mark Reynolds, and Kyle Orton.
mrfootball03 Wrote:Overrated - Tracy McGrady, Terrell Owens

Underrated - Chauncy Billups, Derrick Fisher, Jason Taylor

I must highly diagree with Tracy McGrady being overrated. He is an awesome player when he was healthy. He simply has too manyback problems now to compete like he could.
Overrated - Lebron James, and Kyle Bush.
Underrated - Rajon Rondo and Carl Edwards.
  • TidesHoss32 Wrote:Overrated- Dale Earnhardt Jr, Tony Homo, Jay Cutler, Chad Johnson, the Yankees, Jerry Jones

Underrated- Adrian Gonzalez (1b-Padres), Ben Roethlisberger (that guy that has two big fat shiny rings for the greatest pro franchise in all of sports), Drew Brees, Alan Faneca, Thomas Jones, Mike Lowell, David Reutimann, Lyoto Machida, Dan Rooney
I agree with everything except the Yankees. Come on, not just because I am a Yankees fan, but they have more championships than anyone in pro sports history. You can hate them but never will they be overrated. Btw, the steelers are no way close to being best pro sports franchise in history. Yankees, Canadians, Celtics, Lakers. Where have you been?
Overrated/Underrated for 2009

Overrated:

Coach - Phil Jackson
Player - Reggie Bush
Team - Cleveland Cavaliers

Underrated:

Coach - Mike Tomlin
Player - Al Jefferson
Team - Orlando Magic
Overrated:
coach-Billy Donovan/Bruce Pearl/ Jeff Fisher
Player-A-Rod, Big Ben, Vince Young
Team-Duke

Underrated:
coach-Mike Martz
Player-Steve Smith(wr) panthers, Patrick White,Ronnie Brown
Team-Mississippi state
No way Lebron is overrated, if he would have had half the All Star talent Kobe has been blessed with he'd already have a ring by now.

Spot on SD! I wonder what the difference was in their salaries? I thought AI was in the big part of his contract. No question who came out on top with this trade. Maybe Iverson just needs a little "practice". We're talkin bout practice here!!
PC_You_Know Wrote:No way Lebron is overrated, if he would have had half the All Star talent Kobe has been blessed with he'd already have a ring by now.

With the exception of game 2 of the ECF he has repeatedly cam up small in clutch situations. He has no jump shot. People just need to stop with the argument that he had no help. He had plenty of help when they won 66 games in the regular season. He is billed and hyped to be the greatest player since Jordan and while he has been a great player so far he has yet to meet those expectations. And playing below the expectations people have placed on you is the definition of overrated in my opinion.
elkcity2224 Wrote:With the exception of game 2 of the ECF he has repeatedly cam up small in clutch situations. He has no jump shot. People just need to stop with the argument that he had no help. He had plenty of help when they won 66 games in the regular season. He is billed and hyped to be the greatest player since Jordan and while he has been a great player so far he has yet to meet those expectations. And playing below the expectations people have placed on you is the definition of overrated in my opinion.

Jordan was the best, but his teammates were also amazing, Rodman was one of the best rebounders in history, Pippen was one of the best SF's in history.

Give Lebron someone like Dwight Howard and you'd see a ring on his finger. Kobe had Shaq, and you see what happened there, and at that time, Rick Fox was no slouch either, along with Fisher.
Overrated
NBA- Kobe and Lebron
NFL- there is alot of them
MLB- don't watch it until the playoffs so i have no ideal
Nascar- Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr.

Underrated
NBA- Rajon Rondo, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson
NFL- Big Ben, Hines ward, Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald
MLB- BJ Upton
NASCAR- Jimmy Johnson back-to-back-to-back titles, Mark Martin

Teams
Overrated- Cavs
Underrated- Rays or Magic
I thought this thread was about RIGHT NOW. And the Yankees, with their $8 trillion payroll, are what? 9 games over .500 and barely ahead of Torono and the Rays for 2nd place? LOL Ive been right here pal. If the title would have been Most overrated of all time, then yeah I would see your point. But I was talking about right now. The Yankees havent been to a world series in what? 6 years, yet for every single season theyve had the highest payroll in baseball BY A LANDSLIDE. Yeah as far as overall history, theres nobody close but I wasnt talking about that..As far as the Steelers go, Im the biggest Steelers fan in the world, and Im not one of these "Steeler fans since '05" like you see running around here everywhere you look, Im a diehard. So IMO, they are the best run organization in all of sports. I never said they were overrated or underrated, so I dont really see where you are going with that. I said they were the best. And IMO, they are. Find me another team that builds their team through the draft, and reloads every position like they do when they lose somebody to free agency, yet wins every year. You wont find another organization like them. The Yankees try to buy championships every year, and still havent won one in almost a decade. I dont hate the Yankees, but facts are facts.
dblg11 Wrote:
  • I agree with everything except the Yankees. Come on, not just because I am a Yankees fan, but they have more championships than anyone in pro sports history. You can hate them but never will they be overrated. Btw, the steelers are no way close to being best pro sports franchise in history. Yankees, Canadians, Celtics, Lakers. Where have you been?
Well I hate the Yankees, lol!
Pages: 1 2