Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill's Drew Freeman signs with Wabash Valley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Estill County's Drew Freeman has signed to play baseball at Wabash Valley College! (Drew actually signed before the start of this past season)

Congrats and Good Luck Drew
Seen him play many times, great kid too. Congrats and Good Luck Drew
I too had known about this for quiet some time....Congrats Drew and best of luck! One of the most feared hitters in 14th region history!
The Kid can throw the heat too, when I got the chance of watching him this year. He pitched some in both games and he could throw the heat and kill the ball. Congrats Drew and Good Luck!
BTW, What divison is Wabash Valley in? D-2, NAIA?
MVP2 Wrote:BTW, What divison is Wabash Valley in? D-2, NAIA?

Junior College. (JUCO)
D-1 JUCO and congratulations to Drew on being named first team all state.
Congrats Drew! Will he play any other sport there or just baseball?
Congrats Drew
cougarpride08 Wrote:Congrats Drew! Will he play any other sport there or just baseball?

just baseball. baseball is the only sport he has ever played
oh ok thanks for the info.
cougarpride08 Wrote:oh ok thanks for the info.

your welcome
Good to see that Estill Co has a lot of signed players this year.
Strikeout King Wrote:just baseball. baseball is the only sport he has ever played
He played basketball in Middle School and was a very good player.
goinyard Wrote:D-1 JUCO and congratulations to Drew on being named first team all state.
haha...Pardon me.

:eyeroll:
Gold Charger Wrote:He played basketball in Middle School and was a very good player.

i was talking about High School. i didnt know he played basketball in middle school
Mr.Kimball Wrote:haha...Pardon me.

:eyeroll:

the deal is that Drew is a tremendous athlete who can literally hit the ball a very long ways and throw the heat. ive seen him pitch before and ive seen him hit a ball well over 400 feet. as a matter of fact i was teammates with Drew a few years back

he is the best player that Estill has had since Jon Kirby
goinyard Wrote:D-1 JUCO and congratulations to Drew on being named first team all state.

Wow! First team all state!! That's a great achievement. Congrats Drew.
Strikeout King Wrote:i was talking about High School. i didnt know he played basketball in middle school

Didn't think you did, that is why I posted the information that I knew.
Gold Charger Wrote:Didn't think you did, that is why I posted the information that I knew.

thanks for posting the info.
Strikeout King Wrote:thanks for posting the info.

:Thumbs:
Drew also played a year of football in middle school.
Strikeout King Wrote:the deal is that Drew is a tremendous athlete who can literally hit the ball a very long ways and throw the heat. ive seen him pitch before and ive seen him hit a ball well over 400 feet. as a matter of fact i was teammates with Drew a few years back

he is the best player that Estill has had since Jon Kirby
This is a congratulatory thread for Mr. Freeman so I'll not try to be negative here on anything. I just was amused that whomever it was had to correct me that it was D1 JUCO. From what I have witnessed there aint a nickle's worth of difference in a top D2 JUCO program such as what Saint Catharines was or what say a Lakeland CC is, than the division of conference teams that Wabash plays in. And yes I am very familiar with them all. Been there, done that and witnessed both on several occasions first hand, have you? Some of those dudes are tremendous athletes as well that can "literally hit the ball well over 400 feet and also throw the heat". I am also very well versed in NCAA D1,D2,D3, and both divisions of NAIA.

I was just amused by the correction. Congrats to Mr. Freeman

I will agree with you though that Kirby was a dandy.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:This is a congratulatory thread for Mr. Freeman so I'll not try to be negative here on anything. I just was amused that whomever it was had to correct me that it was D1 JUCO. From what I have witnessed there aint a nickle's worth of difference in a top D2 JUCO program such as what Saint Catharines was or what say a Lakeland CC is, than the division of conference teams that Wabash plays in. And yes I am very familiar with them all. Been there, done that and witnessed both on several occasions first hand, have you? Some of those dudes are tremendous athletes as well that can "literally hit the ball well over 400 feet and also throw the heat". I am also very well versed in NCAA D1,D2,D3, and both divisions of NAIA.

I was just amused by the correction. Congrats to Mr. Freeman

I will agree with you though that Kirby was a dandy.

i havent been to Saint Catharines or Lakeland CC and idk where they are located so idk what or who they have. when some does good like Freeman or Kirby its huge for our school and county bc where we are so small we dont do good in harldy any sport, besides Football, Baseball and softball.

Kirby was our Pitching Coach in 2008. if im not mistaking his is still the states all time leading Strikeout Leader