Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highest Pay for Easy jobs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who all thinks that Police, Firefighters, and Enforcement should get paid the highest? Pro players dont step onto a court/field wondering if they're going to live until tomorrow, but when a firefighter goes into a burning down building to try and save lives of others.
If...Then Wrote:Who all thinks that Police, Firefighters, and Enforcement should get paid the highest? Pro players dont step onto a court/field wondering if they're going to live until tomorrow, but when a firefighter goes into a burning down building to try and save lives of others.
True, but the Po-Po doesn't bring in the billions of dollars professional sports do.
Police put there lives on the line every day, and in more dangerous situations, firefight do the same, but it is hard to say. I think they both should get paided more.
Panther Thunder Wrote:True, but the Po-Po doesn't bring in the billions of dollars professional sports do.

Tushae
Harsh Reality
In all honesty, I believe school teachers should get higher pay too...because without teachers, we wouldn't have firefighters, police, and many other higher payed professions. BUt teachers are on the lower end of the pay scale. That just my opinion!!
Teachers SHOULD be payed more, and college professors, but that doesn't seem likely now-a-days.
Oh yes I forgot about the teachers. Can't be a policeman, fireman or paramedic without a education.
I have been getting aggravated over the last couple of weeks, more so than ever, over this issue. I have heard about the contracts of pro athletes or saw players win millions in poker tournaments and here every day Joes are sitting at home, laid off from their jobs, with the economy in a major slump. It doesn't seem like the time to me for record breaking contracts for any form of entertainer. There are plenty of jobs where people risk their lives daily (police officers, firefighters, and soliders only being a few) or build the foundation of ones lives (teachers, various forms of counselors, and more) than get paid so little that it surprises me that anyone actually is willing to do it anymore.
thetribe Wrote:I have been getting aggravated over the last couple of weeks, more so than ever, over this issue. I have heard about the contracts of pro athletes or saw players win millions in poker tournaments and here every day Joes are sitting at home, laid off from their jobs, with the economy in a major slump. It doesn't seem like the time to me for record breaking contracts for any form of entertainer. There are plenty of jobs where people risk their lives daily (police officers, firefighters, and soldiers only being a few) or build the foundation of ones lives (teachers, various forms of counselors, and more) than get paid so little that it surprises me that anyone actually is willing to do it anymore.

I agree with you Tribe.

It is us who perpetuate this. What is our foremost interest? I'm sorry to say, but I would GUARANTEE that most every person on this site has paid hundreds or even thousands of dollars on tickets to sporting events (Grade School, High School, College, and Professional). But how many have made donations anywhere near what they have spent on sporting events for Police or Firefighting services. How many have complained about the pay for professional athletes but have never written their city council or elected officials about giving the Emergency Service providers who we EXPECT to protect us, about giving them a pay raise (which by the way comes from our taxes being increased).

[COLOR="black"]This is an easy argument, but really, how many are willing to take there sporting event money and freely transfer it to additional taxes to provide pay increases to police officers, firefighters, and school teachers?????[/COLOR]