Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Green Co. 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After two-straight incredible season at Green County, what will the expectations in '09 be?
I live in Green County and my brother plays for them, and from what i hear from everyone is that they are high, just as high as last year!
stonesteven Wrote:I live in Green County and my brother plays for them, and from what i hear from everyone is that they are high, just as high as last year!
Good luck Dragons....I have heard that they have beefed up their schedule this year to prepare for the playoffs.
How far did they make it in the playoffs?
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Good luck Dragons....I have heard that they have beefed up their schedule this year to prepare for the playoffs.

Yes the Dragons have beefedup their schedule this season. Instead of Hazard their playing Middlesboro to open up (Couldn't work things out to play Hazard again) Their also replaced Hancock 2A, CAL 2A, Washington Co. 2A With LaRue 4A, Lone Oak 4A, and Butler Co. 4A (I think not sure on with class Butler Co. is actually in) They also Play 3A Taylor Co. and 4A Marion Co. And I would think Campbllsville should have an excellant team as well.

Green Co. has alot of talented kids coming back thisseason and should be right in the mix to compete for district and Regional titles, and also one of a high full of teams in a group behind Fort Campbell. Because of a stronger schudule this season it will be hard to predict a win/loss record in the regular season. But I would for sure put them as the favorites to win the district title!
I'm hoping for a good season. Certainly lost a good players but return some talent as well.

Schedule is potentially difficult.

Barring injury, i expect to win the district.

I would predict 7 wins but we will have a chance to win them all or potentially lose 5 or 6 as well.

We will have a new qb who is very capable and will rely on a couple of talented sophomores who really came on at the end of their rookie years.

Key will be having some targets for Stone to throw to and getting solid play along both lines.
From what I saw last year there was some major running backs on that team. Are they back or was it seniors?
cougarpride08 Wrote:From what I saw last year there was some major running backs on that team. Are they back or was it seniors?
They have a couple RBs and a couple graduated. The talent level of the skill players may drop a bit, but not by much.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:They have a couple RBs and a couple graduated. The talent level of the skill players may drop a bit, but not by much.

After Zeth got hurt it forced the Freshman running back to play the last 5 games and he playd against some good teams too. Monroe twice, Marion Co. Danville, and washington Co. With you could say were the best tams on that the Dragons played (which the expection of Hazard). It also put Garrett into a bigger role as well and he stepped up too.
Green will be very tough but i just cant see them being better than years past.I see them losing 3 maybe 4 games this year.Yes they have talent but not as much as some say.They will win their district and make a run in the playoffs.Goodluck GREEN COUNTY!!!!