Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why no Fall Baseball?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The KHSAA gives Football spring practice, and 7 on 7. Basketball gets summer practice and team scrimmages and camps. Baseball gets Feb. 15 until the end of the season. Why does baseball not get the same deal and get to practice and scrimmage in the fall?
Panther Thunder Wrote:The KHSAA gives Football spring practice, and 7 on 7. Basketball gets summer practice and team scrimmages and camps. Baseball gets Feb. 15 until the end of the season. Why does baseball not get the same deal and get to practice and scrimmage in the fall?

Great post. I agree with you completely, baseball and softball should be allowed to have a fall practice window.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The KHSAA gives Football spring practice, and 7 on 7. Basketball gets summer practice and team scrimmages and camps. Baseball gets Feb. 15 until the end of the season. Why does baseball not get the same deal and get to practice and scrimmage in the fall?

I completely agree. Good question.
I think when I see Ozz I will ask him to find out.
Dont they have fall baseball with league teams or whatever you want to call them. My son played post 76 but I cant remember if it was dudring fall to.
Thats simple its baseball dont make enough$$$$
devilhorns05 Wrote:Dont they have fall baseball with league teams or whatever you want to call them. My son played post 76 but I cant remember if it was dudring fall to.
That isn't school related.
Baseball should have the right to practice and play in the fall.
Ridgerunner Wrote:Baseball should have the right to practice and play in the fall.

They should.
I have always wondered this as well..Seems as if baseball/softball are always the sport being left out.
Excellant Question! I used to hear people say it was because "Football" didn't want the conflict, but that was never from any "official" source. What with golf, soccer, cc and any other sport I've left off... and PT's point... why Baseball could not be afforded the same opportunities to play/practice in the Fall.
I mean what would it hurt...I think if sports want to practice ALL YEAR ROUND then they should be allowed too. It is for the kids, and if the kids want to put the time and effort in it, then let them be!
I think if you want to play baseball in the fall then you should be able to.
Well alot of baseball guys play football and they cant just not practice football for a sport 7 months away.
Yeah, but it isn't fair to those that don't play football that just strictly play baseball..
Well... I'm gonna put on the "black hat" and say this... maybe some kids, who play only baseball, would appreciate an opportunity to practice their sport just like the summer footballers and basketballers... in the Fall, since the weather is actually ideal for Baseball in the Fall. (this spring's weather was just horrible for baseball) Then let the ones, who play football and baseball, do their football playin in the Summer & Fall if they so choose... and come out to condition for baseball after football is over. Is that so hard?