Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owensboro 3 - Lawrence Co. 2 (10 innings/State Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Final.

Congrats Owensboro
Great season Lawrence County... congrats Owensboro!
Listened to most of the game, and it was a great one. Congrats on a great season LC
Great season Lawrence County... congrats Owensboro!
Perfect example of why you have to throw your #1 pitcher when you get to this point. Even though Owensboro may have come into the state tournament with a losing record, they play in a brutal region with the likes of Apolo, Owensboro Catholic , and Daviess Co. They are all traditional state powers. Apollo was even ranked at #1 at one point in the season. Then they had to get through the 4th region to advance from the semi state. The 4th is another quality region with traditional powers Bowling Green, Franklin Simpson and Warren Central and East. They had to have a pretty good team to put that type of run together.

How many innings did Shepherd throw? He is not able to go more than 9 innings. Just wondering if he did go all the way up until the 10th. Also who pitched the 10th?

All in all a very good showing for a very young Lawrence Co. squad. Congratulations on the fine season.
As I said earlier in some threads, you don't look over anybody in the state tournament regardless of record. Great game Owensboro.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Perfect example of why you have to throw your #1 pitcher when you get to this point. Even though Owensboro may have come into the state tournament with a losing record, they play in a brutal region with the likes of Apolo, Owensboro Catholic , and Daviess Co. They are all traditional state powers. Apollo was even ranked at #1 at one point in the season. Then they had to get through the 4th region to advance from the semi state. The 4th is another quality region with traditional powers Bowling Green, Franklin Simpson and Warren Central and East. They had to have a pretty good team to put that type of run together.

How many innings did Shepherd throw? He is not able to go more than 9 innings. Just wondering if he did go all the way up until the 10th. Also who pitched the 10th?

All in all a very good showing for a very young Lawrence Co. squad. Congratulations on the fine season.

Yes Shepherd went 9 and gave up 3 or 4 hit's with only 2 walks. LC went with there #1 but Owensboro didn't . They came with the #2 pitcher and he pitch a whale of a game. They should be good for tommorrow good luck to the red devils . And a Great season for the Dawgs. :Clap:
Great game. Congratulations Owensboro
Great game by both teams! It was a whopper thats for sure. I'm very proud of the young LC squad. Congrats to Owensboro.....you all played a great game!!!!!!!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Perfect example of why you have to throw your #1 pitcher when you get to this point. Even though Owensboro may have come into the state tournament with a losing record, they play in a brutal region with the likes of Apolo, Owensboro Catholic , and Daviess Co. They are all traditional state powers. Apollo was even ranked at #1 at one point in the season. Then they had to get through the 4th region to advance from the semi state. The 4th is another quality region with traditional powers Bowling Green, Franklin Simpson and Warren Central and East. They had to have a pretty good team to put that type of run together.

Cody Moore pitched in the 10th

But Owensboro didn't have to beat any of the teams you mentioned. Looks like Owensboro went with my method (#2) and LC went with yours. Looks like I was right, LC went with Shepherd and lost today. If they went with their #2 they might have won, who knows?

:biggrin: And yes I am just kidding. There is a valid argument for doing either.
Great season Lawerence Co. How many seniors did they loose?
Congrats Owensboro!
Might be a rebuilding season next year.
Congrats LC on a great year! Congrats O on the win
cougarpride08 Wrote:Great season Lawerence Co. How many seniors did they loose?
Lawrence just had 2 seniors and 3 or 4 juniors and a bunch of sophmores the next couple of years looks good for the dawgs.
jetpilot Wrote:But Owensboro didn't have to beat any of the teams you mentioned. Looks like Owensboro went with my method (#2) and LC went with yours. Looks like I was right, LC went with Shepherd and lost today. If they went with their #2 they might have won, who knows?

:biggrin: And yes I am just kidding. There is a valid argument for doing either.
Yeah your not totally wrong.:biggrin:

I guess a big factor in making the decision of whether you go with your #2 or #1 depends on what ever level your #2 is at. If there is not a great deal of difference in the two then perhaps it's OK to go with the #2. In the case of Lawrence there is a pretty big disparity between the two. I cant comment on Owensboro however, as I am not familiar with their staff. Lawrence made the wise decision to go with Shepherd, IMO.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Might be a rebuilding season next year.

Hardly. They will be tough to handle for the next two years.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Might be a rebuilding season next year.

Are you just post padding or what? Lawrence may have been the youngest team in the area and it's been stated multiple times on here.