Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2010 Top Prospects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saw this on the Courier Journal website thought I would give the rest of the football starved fans somthing to read.

'10 prospect: Tim Patterson
It's time to start taking a closer look at some of the top high school football prospects from the state of Kentucky in the Class of 2010. I will hit a number of players over the next few weeks.

And I will start with the best - Central linebacker Tim Patterson.

The 6-foot-5, 230-pound Patterson has helped Central to back-to-back Class 3-A state titles and is ranked as the No. 31 outside linebacker in the nation by Rivals.com.

Patterson, who also stars on the Yellowjackets basketball team that won the Sixth Region championship and made it to the Sweet 16 title game, is a tremendous prospect.

Playing on the same defense as University of Kentucky signees Ridge Wilson and Mister Cobble last season, Patterson tallied 95 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, two sacks and two interceptions.

Patterson said he runs a 4.65 40-yard dash and holds scholarship offers from Kentucky, Louisville and Purdue. He said there's also serious interest from Oregon, Oklahoma, Alabama and a number of other schools.

"The recruiting process is a lot of fun," Patterson said. "This is what I have been wanting to do all my life and I am trying to enjoy it all."

Patterson said he has been invited to a number of camps but isn't sure yet which ones he will attend. He's playing with the Central basketball team this month and is also playing some tight end with the Yellowjackets in 7-on-7 football competition.

A second-team member of The Courier-Journal's All-State team as a junior, Patterson is the top college prospect in Kentucky but he said he's not in a hurry to make a decision.

"I am just going to wait until the end of the season and see what happens," he said. "It wouldn't be hard to (leave the state), but I'm not sure I want too yet."

For now, Patterson is just trying to get better.

"I am working hard on my quickness and my speed," he said. "Playing basketball, you have to get out and check the three so that is helping with my quickness. I'm working hard."
I think Patterson has great potential in college, although I've been saying for some time that I don't think it will be at linebacker, but rather at as a down linemen. I question his lateral quickness to play lber at the major D-1 level.

At least some folks agree with me. Attached is a link to the scouting report prepared by Scout, Inc., which does the scouting work for the ESPN150:

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruitin...son%3d2010

And please don't mistake my observations as harsh criticism. Just pointing out what I've observed over the past couple of years watching him and I do think he could be a stud defensive end if he put on some pounds of muscle. Heck, I hope I'm as wrong as can be and he goes to college and turns into the next great linebacker.
You shouldn't apologize about your analysis of any player. 99% of these message boards are opinion. I agree that he has some work to do to stay at the linebacker position at a high caliber university. I was not all that impressed with the film shown there. I think that at 6'5 he is going to have to play with alot more knee bend. I liked that yellow jacket in the middle of the film towards the end of the highlight though. On a grass field that is a lot of work.
Is he going to uk this year or next year?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Is he going to uk this year or next year?

he hasnt decided yet, he has offers from a number of school, but some bigger schools are looking at him like oklahoma, ohio state, tennessee and souther school even. he could be a 4 star player by the end of next year.
He will be a senior this upcoming fall.
He is a great player!
I say Channing will be top 5 IMO.
C.Clair Wrote:I say Channing will be top 5 IMO.

I can see that.
Here is the second player added to the top prospects list.

'10 prospect: Stephan Robinson
I'll stick with Central High School and our next top football prospect.

Stephan Robinson is one of the fastest players in the state and his list of schools is growing at a fast rate this spring as he makes the rounds.

The 5-foot-9, 165-pound wide receiver added an offer just this week from Western Kentucky University to a list that already included Louisville, Indiana and Illinois. He's also hearing from Kentucky, Oregon, Tennessee, Michigan State and Alabama.

"I am kind of enjoying all of this for the most part," Robinson said. "Sometimes not when they call me and it's unexpected but the whole part of being recruited it fun. I am just trying to relax and enjoy it. This is a one-time thing and you can't get it back."

While Robinson is playing with his high school team in 7-on-7 competition, he has already been to a national underclassmen camp and still has a Nike Camp, plus camps at Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Western Kentucky and Michigan State on his schedule.

Robinson, who was timed at 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash at a recent camp, said he's taking his time with the recruiting process and that "right now, everybody has a chance."

"I'm just taking my time and trying not to rush into anything," Robinson said. "Until I take my official visits, everybody has a chance."

Robinson, who 34 catches for 644 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, said he has been talking a lot with UK assistant coach Joker Phillips and grew up a UK basketball fan.

"In basketball, I am like a Kentucky fan but I also like Louisville," he said. "If they're not going against each other I like both, but when they go against each other it's Kentucky."

Robinson said he's hoping for an offer from UK when he attends the Wildcats upcoming one-day camp, but still noted that "all the schools have a chance."
phdballer Wrote:Here is the second player added to the top prospects list.

'10 prospect: Stephan Robinson
I'll stick with Central High School and our next top football prospect.

Stephan Robinson is one of the fastest players in the state and his list of schools is growing at a fast rate this spring as he makes the rounds.

The 5-foot-9, 165-pound wide receiver added an offer just this week from Western Kentucky University to a list that already included Louisville, Indiana and Illinois. He's also hearing from Kentucky, Oregon, Tennessee, Michigan State and Alabama.

"I am kind of enjoying all of this for the most part," Robinson said. "Sometimes not when they call me and it's unexpected but the whole part of being recruited it fun. I am just trying to relax and enjoy it. This is a one-time thing and you can't get it back."

While Robinson is playing with his high school team in 7-on-7 competition, he has already been to a national underclassmen camp and still has a Nike Camp, plus camps at Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Western Kentucky and Michigan State on his schedule.

Robinson, who was timed at 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash at a recent camp, said he's taking his time with the recruiting process and that "right now, everybody has a chance."

"I'm just taking my time and trying not to rush into anything," Robinson said. "Until I take my official visits, everybody has a chance."

Robinson, who 34 catches for 644 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior, said he has been talking a lot with UK assistant coach Joker Phillips and grew up a UK basketball fan.

"In basketball, I am like a Kentucky fan but I also like Louisville," he said. "If they're not going against each other I like both, but when they go against each other it's Kentucky."

Robinson said he's hoping for an offer from UK when he attends the Wildcats upcoming one-day camp, but still noted that "all the schools have a chance."

This kid is a burner for sure. A little undersized, but his speed makes up for that. His stats last year don't stand out, but those were affected by the fact that neither King or the other kid that played qb for Central last year were what I consider to be real strong passers. As I understand it, King has been working hard on improving his passing. If he does so, it will make Robinson an even greater offensive threat this year, which with King's quickness and ability to run the ball, will put big pressures on opposing defenses. If Patterson can catch the ball out of the TE spot this year, it will be even more difficult for defenses to stop the Central offense. Send Robinson deep in the middle pulling the safety with him; Patterson behind the lbers forcing them to drop, but if they do, King pulls the ball down and runs; if they don't, Patterson should be pretty open. If someone in 3A beats Central, they better be able to score a whole lot of points.

I hope Robinson goes to UK.
We need the best defensive guy we can get for next year.
Robinson Is The Best Reciever In State.
charlie22 Wrote:This kid is a burner for sure. A little undersized, but his speed makes up for that. His stats last year don't stand out, but those were affected by the fact that neither King or the other kid that played qb for Central last year were what I consider to be real strong passers. As I understand it, King has been working hard on improving his passing. If he does so, it will make Robinson an even greater offensive threat this year, which with King's quickness and ability to run the ball, will put big pressures on opposing defenses. If Patterson can catch the ball out of the TE spot this year, it will be even more difficult for defenses to stop the Central offense. Send Robinson deep in the middle pulling the safety with him; Patterson behind the lbers forcing them to drop, but if they do, King pulls the ball down and runs; if they don't, Patterson should be pretty open. If someone in 3A beats Central, they better be able to score a whole lot of points.

I hope Robinson goes to UK.

We have 2 interceptions against central, chris king is not much of the throwing type long distance, he is good as short to medium distance fast passes, and scrambling.
UCFB in another post you mentioned getting 2 fumbles and now 2 interceptions. 4 turnovers and still gave up 49. **** I hope you guys are working on that D if you plan on seeing Central again in the playoffs
phdballer Wrote:UCFB in another post you mentioned getting 2 fumbles and now 2 interceptions. 4 turnovers and still gave up 49. **** I hope you guys are working on that D if you plan on seeing Central again in the playoffs

we areSmile but central also had alot of turnovers, scored off a interception, and got a fumble or 2, the game was brutal with the cold and the constant turnovers.
then again not to many teams but up over 20points on the central defense last year.
'10 prospect: Tyrrell Willis

Perhaps the most punishing running back and one of the top prospects in the Commonwealth this fall comes from Western Kentucky - Calloway County's Tyrrell Willis.

The 6-foot-2, 250-pound Willis ran for 1,703 yards and 19 touchdowns and also caught 35 passes for 711 yards and 11 TDs as a junior.

Now, he's trying to hone his skills and is getting all sorts of attention from colleges.

"I never really saw myself getting as many calls as I am now," Willis said. "I just get a big 'ol smile everytime I get a call from a college. I feel like I am just blessed."

Willis is blessed with a power running style and a 4.7 40-yard dash speed. He likes running back and some college project him at that position, while others see him as a linebacker, defensive end and perhaps even a bit of a defensive lineman.

"If I keep eating like I am then I might be an offensive lineman," Willis joked. "I love running back and I love running the ball, but I am willing to play anywhere."

Louisville and Memphis are the two offers that Willis currently carries, while he still hears from Western Kentucky, Central Michigan, Alabama, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Illinois and Purdue.

Willis said he has visited Alabama and UK and noted that he expects an offer from Central Michigan at some point soon in the recruiting process.

"I want to go the best school that fits me and my future," he said. "I would love stay close to my family, but I want the best school for me."
I seen Patterson and Robinson play this weekend in 7 on 7 and Patterson showed nothing,yes he has size but skinny and yes an athlete will be one soon but Robinson is quick on quick and imo is best on the team...Fugate and Haddix showed more than them two imo ... Breathitt Co Played them and had only 10 players and most had to go both ways and they showed the whole tourney they were there and lost to the Winners ....Manuel in final 8...
2 things
Pattersons game is more suited for pads. There are very few linebackers that make an impact in a 7 on 7 game. The coaches were working him at OLB a position that he is not yet used to. Patterson played basketball at Central this season and continues to play summer league basketball for the first time. Coach Bibby the basketball coach talks about how he has burned all the baby fat off of Patterson. He has probably lost 15-20 pounds and looks like he is down to about 210/215. At a legite 6'5 I can see how 210 can look skinny, but he packs a punch.
Robinson didn't play Saturday at all. I saw the same games you saw on Friday and he put on a show not in just the one against Breathitt but the entire night. I distinctly recall a wheel route that he ran where the corner never even bit on the out route and he still ran by the guy to catch a 40 yard TD. Central was the only undefeated team Friday. I recall them playing Breathitt and beating them. As far as only having 10 players that may be a result of them having to come so far and pay to stay in a Hotel to participate in the Saturday event although I recall seeing more than 10 players...maybe they only played 10 players.
Central plays a totally different group on Defense becasuse they are trying to build some defensive depth. The entire secondary this weekend were Sophmores who have never started a varsity game. It looked like they only put their veteran guys on defense when they were behind and needed a stop.
'10 prospect: Neil Wilson
Monroe County's Neil Wilson was one of the top wide receivers in Kentucky as a junior.

Now, the 6-foot-2, 190-pound Wilson has added 15 pounds, gotten a lot stronger and also cut time off his 40-yard dash. He could be one of the top overall prospects in the state.

"I have just been hitting the weights, working hard and trying to get better," Wilson said. "We don't get a lot of publicity down here (Tompkinsville) but that's OK. I just try and let it all come to me."

Wilson, who now runs a 4.58 40-yard dash, caught 36 passes for 748 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior. He also had four interceptions, returning one for a TD, and scored on his only fumble recovery of the season while playing defense.

Wilson said he is up 15 pounds from last season and is trying to get to 200 pounds. He has also increased his bench press max reps by 35 pounds.

And he's hoping all the hard work pays off.

Wilson doesn't have any offers currently on the table but has been to junior days at Western Kentucky and Louisville. He's also had interest from Army, Eastern Kentucky, Central Michigan, Harding, Cincinnati and several Ivy League schools.

After already attending Tennessee's camp, Wilson was at Western Kentucky's on Friday, is scheduled to be at U of L's on Saturday and is headed to Vanderbilt this week.

"I picked out some of my favorite schools and am going to their camps," he said. "I have a lot of schools talking to me, but no offers. That's why I am going to these camps."

As far as a favorite, Wilson said "I really like Western a lot." But he's open to anybody right now.

It doesn't hurt that he has a 4.0 grade-point average and scored a 24 on his ACT.
Miles Simpson - Simon Kenton and Nick West - Conner, are both D1 football recruits
Jade Haddix of Breathitt and Caleb Watkins of Corbin could both end up with division 1 offers as both have run legit 4.5's. Height is their biggest drawback.