Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jacksonville Offers Elisha Justice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
EJ has been offered a scholarship to D-1 Jacksonville University Dolphins, in Florida only on hearsay and communications through other coaches. I have seen the email correspondence where Jacksonville has said they were willing to offer EJ a full athletic scholarship to play basketball without ever seeing him play in person. If I am not mistaken they are in the same conference with ETSU. They are in the A-Sun conference.
Congrats Elisha!
I hope he plays closer, so as to be able to keep an eye on an east ky kid on TV.
We would all love Elisha to stay close but I think he'll take scholarship instead of walking on and staying home like Landon Slone.
Congrats EJ
PC_You_Know Wrote:We would all love Elisha to stay close but I think he'll take scholarship instead of walking on and staying home like Landon Slone.

Why bring Slone into this? I understand what you are saying, but that is two different situations....walking on at the winningest college basketball program in the nation and to beat it all the same place you have dreamed of playing at since you were a little boy (like about every KY boy does growing up)...who could pass it up?

Congrats to Elijah on the offer, but I look for him to go somewhere bigger than Jacksonville...he's a special player!
Don't you think he could get a better deal or is this as good as it gets?
His senior year aint started yet it will get better. But it is still d-1.
That is what I thought.
IRISH4 Wrote:Why bring Slone into this? I understand what you are saying, but that is two different situations....walking on at the winningest college basketball program in the nation and to beat it all the same place you have dreamed of playing at since you were a little boy (like about every KY boy does growing up)...who could pass it up?

Congrats to Elijah on the offer, but I look for him to go somewhere bigger than Jacksonville...he's a special player!

Didn't mean it like that, meant it in the sense of now Morehead.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Didn't mean it like that, meant it in the sense of now Morehead.

This is why legit players get over looked. People and coaches from outside the state look at players who get ridiculous hype and think "he's the best Kentucky has to offer?!?" and dismiss the others.

Slone had no other legit offers and UK walkon was better than LMU. Justice is would not start at NAIA schools in Kentucky, but yet he's a program changer at a mid and high major. Outstanding stuff.
Congrats Elisha!
BUHoops Wrote:This is why legit players get over looked. People and coaches from outside the state look at players who get ridiculous hype and think "he's the best Kentucky has to offer?!?" and dismiss the others.

Slone had no other legit offers and UK walkon was better than LMU. Justice is would not start at NAIA schools in Kentucky, but yet he's a program changer at a mid and high major. Outstanding stuff.

Who called him a program changer?
I can almost assure you Elisha is better than some of the players who saw time for Pikeville College this past year.
Congrats to Elisha on the offer.
Congratulations Elisha, but the offers are going to get better.Mark my words !!!:Clap:
This is just the beginning for this kid.
cougarpride08 Wrote:This is just the beginning for this kid.

Agreed.
His stock will rise up after next year.
cougarpride08 Wrote:His stock will rise up after next year.

Easily. He is just to talented not to get any more offers.
I just wish coach cal could put his input on him.
Congrats to EJ on the offer.Getting a chance to go to the next level is a great opportunity.
Congrats EJ. Could you take PC_You_Know with you? Nevermind, that wouldn't work, they have internet in Florida. Just Kidding. :biggrin:
Congrats EJ!
TheRealVille Wrote:Congrats EJ. Could you take PC_You_Know with you? Nevermind, that wouldn't work, they have internet in Florida. Just Kidding. :biggrin:

What? Jealous the kid just got a scholarship offer from a D-1 school who had never even seen him play?
First, I would not think it wise, to never see a kid play, and offer him a scholarship. Second, I do not look for Elisha to accept this offer.
Panther Thunder Wrote:First, I would not think it wise to never see a kid play an offer them a scholarship. Second, I do not look for Elisha to accept this offer.

I agree. If he is worth giving a scholarship to, at least watch him play first (if that part was true).
PC_You_Know Wrote:What? Jealous the kid just got a scholarship offer from a D-1 school who had never even seen him play?
Absolutely not. I love watching him play ball, I like to see kids from the mountains get a free ride doing what they love. The kidding part was about taking you to Florida with him.
PC_You_Know Wrote:What? Jealous the kid just got a scholarship offer from a D-1 school who had never even seen him play?

BTW, how do you get jealously out of anything I said in that post? I know you go to college, so I assume you do know how to read.

Original quote
Quote:Congrats EJ. Could you take PC_You_Know with you? Nevermind, that wouldn't work, they have internet in Florida. Just Kidding.
Where is the jealously?
This is a great start to many offers that will come his way this year!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5