Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Union Co. Hires John Adams as New Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former Christian Co. assistant John Adams has been hired as Union County's new head coach.

Congrats!
Congrats Coach Adams. Good Luck to him and Union Co.!
**** yeah we will win state for sure now :rockon: TongueirateSho
Are you being sarcastic? I don't know the coach but I know from what I read that Union County has a lot coming back. I also read that the former coach didn't have a lot of help which helped make the decision to move back to his home town easier.
Good Luck Coach
UCFB Wrote:**** yeah we will win state for sure now :rockon: TongueirateSho

I did some research on Union Co. and they'll more than likely be a top 10 team in 3A, but I don't know if they'll be able to contend for a state championship.

Majority of the games they lost last season weren't even competitive games. None of Union's wins where really worth bragging about, besides the win over Butler Co., but they didn't play any decent competition either. Out of the teams Union Co. defeated their combined records where 38-51.

I'm not saying that Union Co. doesn't have a chance next season, but the odds are not in Union County's favor.

Go look at the final four teams from each class from last season and you will see that each played about as tough of a schedule as they could get.

i.e. Breathitt Co. They played non-district opponents Johnson Central, Prestonsburg, and Lexington Christian last season. Playing those tough non-district games are what pushed Breathitt Co. past Belfry who was the #1 in 3A going into the playoffs last season.

Hopefully Union County's schedule is much tougher this season.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I did some research on Union Co. and they'll more than likely be a top 10 team in 3A, but I don't know if they'll be able to contend for a state championship.

Majority of the games they lost last season weren't even competitive games. None of Union's wins where really worth bragging about, besides the win over Butler Co., but they didn't play any decent competition either. Out of the teams Union Co. defeated their combined records where 38-51.

I'm not saying that Union Co. doesn't have a chance next season, but the odds are not in Union County's favor.

Go look at the final four teams from each class from last season and you will see that each played about as tough of a schedule as they could get.

i.e. Breathitt Co. They played non-district opponents Johnson Central, Prestonsburg, and Lexington Christian last season. Playing those tough non-district games are what pushed Breathitt Co. past Belfry who was the #1 in 3A going into the playoffs last season.

Hopefully Union County's schedule is much tougher this season.

We played some tough competition and should have won 3 more games than we did. we played crittenden semi finalist 1A. fort cambell state champs 2A, Lone oak, but we really came together towards the end of the season, we will be much better this year cause we know what to expect at the next level and we have alot more support from the community this year aswell. we switch out a few teams, we play mater dei season opener, and switched in madisonville north central for fort cambell i believe. this year we will be a top contender, with this new coach who lead christian counties offense to the state 5A chapionship game im sure we will be a considerable opponent at least. we are fast, strong were its needed and ready for this year, no player on the team is at the average level or below that starts. only time will tell but id say we have a strong shot to be the first team to take down central in december.
UCFB Wrote:We played some tough competition and should have won 3 more games than we did. we played crittenden semi finalist 1A. fort cambell state champs 2A, Lone oak, but we really came together towards the end of the season, we will be much better this year cause we know what to expect at the next level and we have alot more support from the community this year aswell. we switch out a few teams, we play mater dei season opener, and switched in madisonville north central for fort cambell i believe. this year we will be a top contender, with this new coach who lead christian counties offense to the state 5A chapionship game im sure we will be a considerable opponent at least. we are fast, strong were its needed and ready for this year, no player on the team is at the average level or below that starts. only time will tell but id say we have a strong shot to be the first team to take down central in december.

Well I'd like to see some new faces win the state championship, so good luck!
what class is union co in?
3a
Not bad. Trying to get familiar with all the schools.
I am hearing that there was a problem with this hire? Anybody know any details?
he was all but hired, except the super intendent did not give the ok or something, it had to do with he tought business classes, and we didnt need another business teacher or something of the sort.
Has Adams coached at any other school besides Christian Co? If so, were they head coaching job or assitant jobs also?
So is it still Adams going to be the coach?
UCFB Wrote:We played some tough competition and should have won 3 more games than we did. we played crittenden semi finalist 1A. fort cambell state champs 2A, Lone oak, but we really came together towards the end of the season, we will be much better this year cause we know what to expect at the next level and we have alot more support from the community this year aswell. we switch out a few teams, we play mater dei season opener, and switched in madisonville north central for fort cambell i believe. this year we will be a top contender, with this new coach who lead christian counties offense to the state 5A chapionship game im sure we will be a considerable opponent at least. we are fast, strong were its needed and ready for this year, no player on the team is at the average level or below that starts. only time will tell but id say we have a strong shot to be the first team to take down central in december.

i hope you guys do that way i can cheer you guys on a little until you get to the championship game,,and if your not playing belfry,which is unlikely this year,hope they prove me wrong, i will cheer you guys on ..since i live in madisonville now.
No Steve Carter Will be Head coach at union this year.