Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Natural Abortions = Blasphemy?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Religious people use religion always to their own advantage, then when confronted with certain "must follow thens," they retreat into the "I've run out of ideas" hole. As an example: statistics suggest that the majority of pregnancies are ended medically as a result of some sort of concern about mother or fetus: certain mindets call this "abortion" and get in a sweat. However, for that mindset, "god" is the author of life. Thus, a naturally induced termination of a pregnancy is the action of "god." We can argue direct or indirect all day, but what is stated above is not blasphemy: it is a logical "come out place" for a certain mindset. Please, honor the debate enough to not trot out "blasphemy" every time your precious little view of the world gets questioned.
thecavemaster Wrote:Religious people use religion always to their own advantage, then when confrotned with certain "must follow thens," they retreat into the "I've run out of ideas" hole. As an example: statistics suggest that the majority of pregnancies are ended medically as a result of some sort of concern about mother or fetus: certain mindets call this "abortion" and get in a sweat. However, for that mindset, "god" is the author of life. Thus, a naturally induced termination of a pregnancy is the action of "god." We can argue direct or indirect all day, but what is stated above is not blasphemy: it is a logical "come out place" for a certain mindset. Please, honor the debate enough to not trot out "blasphemy" every time your precious little view of the world gets questioned.

If you think "the majority of pregnancies are ended medically as a result of some sort of concern about the mother or fetus" you are insane. Probably 95%+ of abortions are performed simply because the mother does not want to be pregnant/have a baby. Where do you come up with this crap? PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO ANYTHING THAT SUPPORTS YOUR CLAIM THAT "THE MAJORITY OF PREGNANCIES ARE ENDED MEDICALLY AS A RESULT OF SOME SORT OF CONCERN ABOUT MOTHER OR FETUS."

And please, please don't go off on some crazy tangent of a child not being able to make a fist on the playground or a puppy drowning in the Potomac.:yawn:
Yeah, the "anything goes" policy is a much better way to live your life. Rolleyes
the cave master Wrote:Religious people use religion always to their own advantage, then when confronted with certain "must follow these," they retreat into the "I've run out of ideas" hole. As an example: statistics suggest that the majority of pregnancies are ended medically as a result of some sort of concern about mother or fetus: certain mindsets call this "abortion" and get in a sweat. However, for that mindset, "god" is the author of life. Thus, a naturally induced termination of a pregnancy is the action of "god." We can argue direct or indirect all day, but what is stated above is not blasphemy: it is a logical "come out place" for a certain mindset. Please, honor the debate enough to not trot out "blasphemy" every time your precious little view of the world gets questioned.

No one is running into a hole,no one is in a sweat, get that clear!!! God is indeed the author of life, but God made the human body to fight off colds, and other things that are wrong with it, does God make people have heart attacks, I think not, its the body's way of saying hey there is something wrong here, so if what you say is so .........and I die of a heart attack God killed me, I don't think so, It would probably be caused by not eating right , no exercise, or something of that nature, so your argument is not holding water,(need to wipe any sweat)! Now people using religion to their own advantage, religion, and the bible, is the moral compass that god fearing people use to live their lives by,(you should try it)!! So for you to say god is a murderer, is Blasphemy! That is my"precious little view of the world" like it or not!!!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:No one is running into a hole,no one is in a sweat, get that clear!!! God is indeed the author of life, but God made the human body to fight off colds, and other things that are wrong with it, does God make people have heart attacks, I think not, its the body's way of saying hey there is something wrong here, so if what you say is so .........and I die of a heart attack God killed me, I don't think so, It would probably be caused by not eating right , no exercise, or something of that nature, so your argument is not holding water,(need to wipe any sweat)! Now people using religion to their own advantage, religion, and the bible, is the moral compass that god fearing people use to live their lives by,(you should try it)!! So for you to say god is a murderer, is Blasphemy! That is my"precious little view of the world" like it or not!!!!!!!

:Thumbs:
lil dog Wrote:No one is running into a hole,no one is in a sweat, get that clear!!! God is indeed the author of life, but God made the human body to fight off colds, and other things that are wrong with it, does God make people have heart attacks, I think not, its the body's way of saying hey there is something wrong here, so if what you say is so .........and I die of a heart attack God killed me, I don't think so, It would probably be caused by not eating right , no exercise, or something of that nature, so your argument is not holding water,(need to wipe any sweat)! Now people using religion to their own advantage, religion, and the bible, is the moral compass that god fearing people use to live their lives by,(you should try it)!! So for you to say god is a murderer, is Blasphemy! That is my"precious little view of the world" like it or not!!!!!!!

:rockon:
the cave master Wrote:Religious people use religion always to their own advantage, then when confronted with certain "must follow these," they retreat into the "I've run out of ideas" hole. As an example: statistics suggest that the majority of pregnancies are ended medically as a result of some sort of concern about mother or fetus: certain mindsets call this "abortion" and get in a sweat. However, for that mindset, "god" is the author of life. Thus, a naturally induced termination of a pregnancy is the action of "god." We can argue direct or indirect all day, but what is stated above is not blasphemy: it is a logical "come out place" for a certain mindset. Please, honor the debate enough to not trot out "blasphemy" every time your precious little view of the world gets questioned.

The concerns that you speak of are not, life or death concerns that you would have everyone believe, Three fourths of the women that were ask, stated that they had concerns about taking responsibility for another individual. Three fourths of the women asked stated that they could not afford a child. Three fourths of the women ask stated having a child, would interfere with, school, job, or their ability to care for other dependents and half stated that they didn't want to be a single parent or were having trouble with their partner. So I think you should stop insinuating that the majority of women killing their children are in life or death situations, either for them or their child. They seem to have no concerns while in the act that results in the conception of a child.
lil dog Wrote:The concerns that you speak of are not, life or death concerns that you would have everyone believe, Three fourths of the women that were ask, stated that they had concerns about taking responsibility for another individual. Three fourths of the women asked stated that they could not afford a child. Three fourths of the women ask stated having a child, would interfere with, school, job, or their ability to care for other dependents and half stated that they didn't want to be a single parent or were having trouble with their partner. So I think you should stop insinuating that the majority of women killing their children are in life or death situations, either for them or their child. They seem to have no concerns while in the act that results in the conception of a child.

GREAT POST!
International Family Planning Institute. I am not suggesting "god" is a murderer, though plainly the bible is full of people killed by god for reasons he or she alone knows. You guys are so cocksure of yourselves. I hope it all works out for you. A lot of you are apologists for religion, and works in progress at it it appears. Also look up what it means to use circular logic.
Also, "concerns" for the woman and/or fetus does not mean "life and death" as at least a few of you took as the only apparent meaning of "concern." As many of you probably already know, reliable data is difficult to gather for abortion data, and either side that claims otherwise is hedging.
jetpilot Wrote:If you think "the majority of pregnancies are ended medically as a result of some sort of concern about the mother or fetus" you are insane. Probably 95%+ of abortions are performed simply because the mother does not want to be pregnant/have a baby. Where do you come up with this crap? PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO ANYTHING THAT SUPPORTS YOUR CLAIM THAT "THE MAJORITY OF PREGNANCIES ARE ENDED MEDICALLY AS A RESULT OF SOME SORT OF CONCERN ABOUT MOTHER OR FETUS."

And please, please don't go off on some crazy tangent of a child not being able to make a fist on the playground or a puppy drowning in the Potomac.:yawn:

Analogies are not tangents, when understood. International Family Planning Institute, looking at the issue of abortion worldwide... of course, for the most part, you seem to forget that the world has more than 300 million Americans in it.
the cave master Wrote:International Family Planning Institute. I am not suggesting "god" is a murderer, though plainly the bible is full of people killed by god for reasons he or she alone knows. You guys are so cocksure of yourselves. I hope it all works out for you. A lot of you are apologists for religion, and works in progress at it it appears. Also look up what it means to use circular logic.

Sure I'm an apologist for religion, and many other causes and beliefs, as you are an apologist for the causes and beliefs you have such as abortion, and the nuclear weapons that you disapprove of...... and aren't we all works in progress, or are you the perfect one?????? As for your circular logic, we have assumed nothing without proof, you just don't want to see the proof!!!! as for being "cocksure" the way to be cocksure is have some moral fiber and argue for right and wrong, not what some law such as ROE VS WADE, says is legal, or because its politically correct, get a backbone and some morals, and you too can be cocksure!!!!!!!!!!!!
thecavemaster Wrote:Also, "concerns" for the woman and/or fetus does not mean "life and death" as at least a few of you took as the only apparent meaning of "concern." As many of you probably already know, reliable data is difficult to gather for abortion data, and either side that claims otherwise is hedging.

Why do women abort?
On average, women offer four reasons for choosing abortion: 75 percent say that having a baby interferes with work, school or other responsibilities; 75 percent say they cannot afford a child; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner. [SOURCE: AGI]

http://www.christianliferesources.com/?/...cleid=1203

Please provide a link which will take me directly to info to support your claim that "most pregnancies are ended medically as a result of some sort of concern about mother or fetus." You can't because you make up crazy crap and try to pass it off as fact...:flush:
jetpilot Wrote:Why do women abort?
On average, women offer four reasons for choosing abortion: 75 percent say that having a baby interferes with work, school or other responsibilities; 75 percent say they cannot afford a child; and half say they do not want to be a single parent or are having problems with their husband or partner. [SOURCE: AGI]

Please provide a link which will take me directly to info to support your claim that "most pregnancies are ended medically as a result of some sort of concern about mother or fetus." You can't because you make up crazy crap and try to pass it off as fact...:flush:

ONCE AGAIN SPOT ON!!!!!1:Thumbs:
Cavemaster,

I respect your opinions on here and you seem to be a highly educated person, but I think you may be reaching on this one just a little bit.
To keep asserting the point that has yet to be proven... to offer as proof the very point yet to be proven... to offer a premise as conclusion then the conclusion as a premise... Circular.
thecavemaster Wrote:To keep asserting the point that has yet to be proven... to offer as proof the very point yet to be proven... to offer a premise as conclusion then the conclusion as a premise... Circular.

Like a carousel, you pay your quarter, you get the horse and in goes up and down, and around; circular. (If you are scratching your head at this, its a quote from Happy Gilmore)
JP and dog you guys are making some good points. :Thumbs:
the cave master Wrote:To keep asserting the point that has yet to be proven... to offer as proof the very point yet to be proven... to offer a premise as conclusion then the conclusion as a premise... Circular.

Around and around, the cavemaster goes where he will end up nobody knows!!!!!!!

If the point is yet to be proven, lets see what you got, prove your point, I have proven mine its simple, abortion is murder, and murder in any form is wrong!!!! If it wasn't wrong then tell me how a guy can kill his pregnant wife, and be charged with 2 counts of murder, 1 of those counts being for the unborn child, the man by law, termanated 2 lifes !! what is abortion is it not the termanation of a unborn child??? Like I said get a backbone, and some morals and argue right and wrong, you will be much better off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:Around and around, the cavemaster goes where he will end up nobody knows!!!!!!!

If the point is yet to be proven, lets see what you got, prove your point, I have proven mine its simple, abortion is murder, and murder in any form is wrong!!!! If it wasn't wrong then tell me how a guy can kill his pregnant wife, and be charged with 2 counts of murder, 1 of those counts being for the unborn child, the man by law, termanated 2 lifes !! what is abortion is it not the termanation of a unborn child??? Like I said get a backbone, and some morals and argue right and wrong, you will be much better off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not believe a fertilized egg has the same exactitude and degree of rights as a human being functioning outside of the womb. This has been argued before on this forum. Roe vs. Wade, within parameters, gives the woman more latitude than the husband you mention. A fertilized egg at two weeks does not have the same status, in my opinion, as a twenty-eight week fertilized egg. This is not a distinction you will or can make. I have a backbone, am arguing right and wrong, and cannot be concerned as to your opinion about my "better off" status. Do you ever stick in your thumb, pull out a plum, and say, "What a good boy am I"?
^^PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO ANYTHING THAT SUPPORTS YOUR CLAIM THAT "THE MAJORITY OF PREGNANCIES ARE ENDED MEDICALLY AS A RESULT OF SOME SORT OF CONCERN ABOUT MOTHER OR FETUS."

Still waiting...
the cave master Wrote:I do not believe a fertilized egg has the same exactitude and degree of rights as a human being functioning outside of the womb. This has been argued before on this forum. Roe vs. Wade, within parameters, gives the woman more latitude than the husband you mention. A fertilized egg at two weeks does not have the same status, in my opinion, as a twenty-eight week fertilized egg. This is not a distinction you will or can make. I have a backbone, am arguing right and wrong, and cannot be concerned as to your opinion about my "better off" status. Do you ever stick in your thumb, pull out a plum, and say, "What a good boy am I"?

Well looks like were back to your opinion vs my opinion.... So your opinion is that abortions, are ok? And mine is that it is murder!!!!! Dude I dont know where you stick your thumb,and pull out plums, but you might want to stay away from it.........
jet pilot Wrote:^^PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO ANYTHING THAT SUPPORTS YOUR CLAIM THAT "THE MAJORITY OF PREGNANCIES ARE ENDED MEDICALLY AS A RESULT OF SOME SORT OF CONCERN ABOUT MOTHER OR FETUS."

Still waiting...

He cant, because you have proven him wrong!!!! He wont answer the posts that he knows is right, he starts all of that kids on the playground, and the dog in the potomac, crap just like you said!!:lmao:
thecavemaster Wrote:Religious people use religion always to their own advantage, then when confronted with certain "must follow thens," they retreat into the "I've run out of ideas" hole. As an example: statistics suggest that the majority of pregnancies are ended medically as a result of some sort of concern about mother or fetus: certain mindets call this "abortion" and get in a sweat. However, for that mindset, "god" is the author of life. Thus, a naturally induced termination of a pregnancy is the action of "god." We can argue direct or indirect all day, but what is stated above is not blasphemy: it is a logical "come out place" for a certain mindset. Please, honor the debate enough to not trot out "blasphemy" every time your precious little view of the world gets questioned.

:yawn: boring, need not reply to such an ingorant rant
Oh cavemaster, such is the time a board thwarts a rabbit hole, and the rabbit is without infamy and intangibles. Then the king rabbit, laced in golden attire, retrieves the board, and thwarts all the imperfect rabbits of the village. Thirty planets away, in a galaxy marked in Japanese yen, bingo is being played by one single man in a funny hat. And he, the hater of abstract ankle bracelets, will continue.......to play bingo.......in a funny hat. (sorry JP and lildog, went off on a cavemaster tirade, and felt this was the appropriate time to do so:biggrin: )
thecavemaster Wrote:I do not believe a fertilized egg has the same exactitude and degree of rights as a human being functioning outside of the womb. This has been argued before on this forum. Roe vs. Wade, within parameters, gives the woman more latitude than the husband you mention. A fertilized egg at two weeks does not have the same status, in my opinion, as a twenty-eight week fertilized egg. This is not a distinction you will or can make. I have a backbone, am arguing right and wrong, and cannot be concerned as to your opinion about my "better off" status. Do you ever stick in your thumb, pull out a plum, and say, "What a good boy am I"?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Oh cavemaster, such is the time a board thwarts a rabbit hole, and the rabbit is without infamy and intangibles. Then the king rabbit, laced in golden attire, retrieves the board, and thwarts all the imperfect rabbits of the village. Thirty planets away, in a galaxy marked in Japanese yen, bingo is being played by one single man in a funny hat. And he, the hater of abstract ankle bracelets, will continue.......to play bingo.......in a funny hat. (sorry JP and lildog, went off on a cavemaster tirade, and felt this was the appropriate time to do so:biggrin: )

Excellent, TidesHoss!:Clap: Somewhere on the Potomac, a puppy is drowning due to the circular BS of cavemaster.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Oh cavemaster, such is the time a board thwarts a rabbit hole, and the rabbit is without infamy and intangibles. Then the king rabbit, laced in golden attire, retrieves the board, and thwarts all the imperfect rabbits of the village. Thirty planets away, in a galaxy marked in Japanese yen, bingo is being played by one single man in a funny hat. And he, the hater of abstract ankle bracelets, will continue.......to play bingo.......in a funny hat. (sorry JP and lildog, went off on a cavemaster tirade, and felt this was the appropriate time to do so:biggrin: )

How far down the rabbit hole go? Cute and clever and all...
[quote=Stardust]:yawn: boring, need not reply to such an ingorant rant[/quote

When people are asleep, the commonest sense of all is snoring... Rest well, friend, rest well.
jetpilot Wrote:Why do women abort?

I'm not saying i'm on cavemasters side. But if your going to use statistics you should find a neutral site instead of a christian Pro-Life site
jetpilot Wrote:Excellent, TidesHoss!:Clap: Somewhere on the Potomac, a puppy is drowning due to the circular BS of cavemaster.

HA HA, great post by both you guys...:thatsfunn :lmao:
Pages: 1 2