Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gillispie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
says he will not coach this upcoming season. here is what he said to Andy Kats per KSR

The Worldwide Leader’s own Andy Katz spoke with Billy Clyde, and our departed coach had some interesting things to say concerning, well, everything. Here’s some highlights:

On Calipari and recruiting:

“I’m happy for those guys. I hope they can get every single person they can, and they will, in my opinion.”
Gillispie said Calipari is “the perfect fit. He’s a great recruiter and a great coach. I think it’s awesome, and I’m pulling for them.”

On Patrick Patterson:

“He’d been saying all along that he’s going to come back to school,” said Gillispie, who pulled off a recruiting coup when he landed Patterson two years ago away from Florida and Duke. “He loves it there. He’s had a great experience, and it’s a great place to go to school. Education is important to him. He could graduate in three years. I’m not surprised he did that.”

On Jodie Meeks sharing the backcourt with star freshman John Wall:

“Jodie will be great no matter what,” Gillispie said. “He had one of the best years in college basketball, and that was coming off an injury-plagued season. He was fantastic. It looks like they’ll have great personnel in all the spots, and that will help him.”

On his lawsuit against his former employer:
[Crickets]

On his time at Kentucky:

Gillispie said he has no regrets about anything that happened at Kentucky. “I’m proud of everything we did on and off the court,” he said.
Katz also said that Gillispie flirted with the Washington State job (but it wouldn’t go home with him), and that he definitely wants to be a head coach for the 2010-11 season. In the meantime, Clyde will be touring NFL training camps, college football practices and NBA practices to “study how other people do it and continue to get better.” He’ll also spend time watching college basketball practices, including but not limited to his old pal Bill Self’s squad at Kansas. (Read an unrelated story about a random dude and Bill Self here.)
So, there you have it. Our old coach is doin’ just fine down in Graford. I, for one, can’t wait for him to get another job somewhere very very very soon. The college basketball world just ain’t tough enough without him.
There you go warrior. Gillispie is a cool guy and I always did support him so Im glad that he is still cheering for the cats and some of the players he recruited, he knows Kentucky wasnt right for him and it looks like he is moving on so lets just give him his money and move on and I hope he can have a great coaching career. Good luck coach!
Nice comments from BCG. As for the lawsuit, he is deserved him money and the Athletic association owes it to him. The unfortunate thing is, the Athletic Boosters can afford to drag this on, so BCG will have to settle. This is typical "guy with money always wins".

All this crap that was spread about BCG and the "supposed" atrocities that he did to players is OBVIOUSLY BS. If any of that was true, this would not have been story after story in the press. It was obviously all sour grapes from those who did not like him. It's fine to chastise the coach if you don't like him but the inaccurate "gossip" spread was completely irresponsible by those who pushed it.
I will tell you one thing, if you think that everything that BCG did to the players is BS, just ask Harrellson on his facebook page or ask Jodie Meeks father or better yet, ask Patrick Patterson's mother. I don't think that BCG is totally at fault, but some of the things that happened to the players goes beyond what Bobby Knight has done.

I know for a FACT, that he made a player walk back from the gym to the team hotel after a walk through in Columbia South Carolina.
Do you not think that this guy is playing to the media? If you don't, then something is wrong with you. Do I think that he wants Kentucky to do well, sure I do. But, let's not kid ourselves, he HATES Mitch Barnhardt and Lee Todd with a passion
I agree, pay him 1/2 of his money, he does not deserve all of the money because he kept screwing around with the language in the MOU
Navajo4life Wrote:I will tell you one thing, if you think that everything that BCG did to the players is BS, just ask Harrellson on his facebook page or ask Jodie Meeks father or better yet, ask Patrick Patterson's mother. I don't think that BCG is totally at fault, but some of the things that happened to the players goes beyond what Bobby Knight has done.

I know for a FACT, that he made a player walk back from the gym to the team hotel after a walk through in Columbia South Carolina.

How much FACT do you know about college coaches! How much do you KNOW of what other players go thorough! How Much College Experience Do You Have Yourself As A College Athlete! I know for a FACT that much of what was said was NOT FACT. I too have a solid relationship with a players father, actually one of the players that was said that BCG had supposedly wronged, and as I have stated on this site several times, my contact has told me that his son was NOT wronged by the coach, as well, he told his son to TOUGHEN UP! Let's not kid ourselves to think that college coaches don't make players go through ****!

Look up the stories that Christian Laitner has about Coach K. Read Michael Jordan's Auto-Biography about Dean Smith. Listen to the stories of Scott May when he had to clean the bathroom for an entire practice while the rest of the Tar Heels practiced, because he practiced Like crap, thus he should go clean crap.

Don't give me this BS that BCG came in and was a tyrant to the Wildcat players. Better start bad mouthing Rupp and Pitino, because they were probably the hardest coaches ever on Cats players.

Is it right what coaches put players through, heck no! But everyone wanted to make BCG out like he was DIFFERENT. BULL! The clown who runs the other Cats Blog had it in from BCG from the get go when Billy would not grant him time. After that, these BS stories surfaced, the worst of which were never corroborated.

If you didn't like BCG's coaching, that's fine. But to make him a pariah is unjustified!
Navajo4life Wrote:I agree, pay him 1/2 of his money, he does not deserve all of the money because he kept screwing around with the language in the MOU

It wasn't one sided!
well i think they will always 2 sides of all of these stories no matter what. i just wish BCG the best and for making the RIGHT!!! comments towards the program. i mean he does deserve some money but not all. thats another he isn't going to coach this year cause if he does i'm pretty sure that elimates the possiblity and get'n any money. IDK for sure though.
Stardust Wrote:How much FACT do you know about college coaches! How much do you KNOW of what other players go thorough! How Much College Experience Do You Have Yourself As A College Athlete! I know for a FACT that much of what was said was NOT FACT. I too have a solid relationship with a players father, actually one of the players that was said that BCG had supposedly wronged, and as I have stated on this site several times, my contact has told me that his son was NOT wronged by the coach, as well, he told his son to TOUGHEN UP! Let's not kid ourselves to think that college coaches don't make players go through ****!

Look up the stories that Christian Laitner has about Coach K. Read Michael Jordan's Auto-Biography about Dean Smith. Listen to the stories of Scott May when he had to clean the bathroom for an entire practice while the rest of the Tar Heels practiced, because he practiced Like crap, thus he should go clean crap.

Don't give me this BS that BCG came in and was a tyrant to the Wildcat players. Better start bad mouthing Rupp and Pitino, because they were probably the hardest coaches ever on Cats players.

Is it right what coaches put players through, heck no! But everyone wanted to make BCG out like he was DIFFERENT. BULL! The clown who runs the other Cats Blog had it in from BCG from the get go when Billy would not grant him time. After that, these BS stories surfaced, the worst of which were never corroborated.

If you didn't like BCG's coaching, that's fine. But to make him a pariah is unjustified!

GREAT POST S.D !!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
TY lil dog
Stardust,
You've made some very vaild points and voiced your opinion quite succinctly!
IISnakE Wrote:Stardust,
You've made some very vaild points and voiced your opinion quite succinctly!

TY :notworthy
Mike Pratt stating that he would have quit his job covering UK basketball speaks volumes to me about how no one liked Gillispie.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Mike Pratt stating that he would have quit his job covering UK basketball speaks volumes to me about how no one liked Gillispie.

I thought the same thing when heard Pratt say this!! :Thumbs:
he should have acted like that all alone instead of being a you know what.