Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Selected as one of the best sports programs in Kentucky per Lexington Herald...

http://www.kentucky.com/289/story/819582.html
Woo Hoo!
Thats quite an honor for JC!
I'm so proud.:Sad04:
IRISH4 Wrote:Selected as one of the best sports programs in Kentucky per Lexington Herald...

Hey Irish4, thanks for posting the link to this article. Nice for Johnson Central athletics. I noticed that you posted it in the football, boys basketball and baseball forums but not in the girls basketball or softball, which were both also mentioned in the article as being part of the school's success. What's up with that?
BballFan63 Wrote:Hey Irish4, thanks for posting the link to this article. Nice for Johnson Central athletics. I noticed that you posted it in the football, boys basketball and baseball forums but not in the girls basketball or softball, which were both also mentioned in the article as being part of the school's success. What's up with that?

no one cares about womans sports. this isnt the wnba
UCFB Wrote:no one cares about womans sports. this isnt the wnba

First of all, I wasn't talking to you. Secondly, it's women's not womans sports. Finally, mind your own business.
IRISH4 Wrote:Selected as one of the best sports programs in Kentucky per Lexington Herald...

A little misleading...The Herald-Leader didn't "select" any best sports programs, just pointed out their 10-20-20 trifecta. Still, nice to be recognized for their all-around success.
I'll just go out on a limb and say that the reason the topics were in those threads are because he assists in some way with all three of those sports, and did not intend to diss the female athletic programs. Although it didn't have a full ranking of the school's who done well over the course of the year, it did say that JC was the ONLY school in the state to accomplish that feat, which says a lot about the school's athletic programs. Congrats to JC for an OVERALL outstanding job, and a special thanks to the person that found the article.:worthy: :biggrin:
DALE Wrote:I'll just go out on a limb and say that the reason the topics were in those threads are because he assists in some way with all three of those sports, and did not intend to diss the female athletic programs. Although it didn't have a full ranking of the school's who done well over the course of the year, it did say that JC was the ONLY school in the state to accomplish that feat, which says a lot about the school's athletic programs. Congrats to JC for an OVERALL outstanding job, and a special thanks to the person that found the article.:worthy: :biggrin:

I really wasn't trying to attack him; I just wondered why if he had gone to the trouble to post it in those 3 forums why he didn't in the other 2. It's not a big deal really. There may be people who don't read either of the three and they might miss out on the article. That's all.

If I'm right about who he is, his association is the same with all sports programs not just necessarily at Johnson Central.
Proud to be a JC grad.

:Thumbs:
BballFan63 Wrote:I really wasn't trying to attack him; I just wondered why if he had gone to the trouble to post it in those 3 forums why he didn't in the other 2. It's not a big deal really. There may be people who don't read either of the three and they might miss out on the article. That's all.

If I'm right about who he is, his association is the same with all sports programs not just necessarily at Johnson Central.

His loyalty is totally with JC and ONLY JC. He may have had other activities with another sport tonight, rushed out and forgot. If it's not a big deal, why make it one? All you have to do is post it in the other threads and I'm sure he'll be appreciative.
Johnson Central should be proud of this accomplishment.
BballFan63 Wrote:Hey Irish4, thanks for posting the link to this article. Nice for Johnson Central athletics. I noticed that you posted it in the football, boys basketball and baseball forums but not in the girls basketball or softball, which were both also mentioned in the article as being part of the school's success. What's up with that?

Well those sports were the first ones I seen and two of which I assist in (football and baseball), but I noticed Ring 'Em Up had posted it in the General Discussion before I posted it...if I would've known that, then I wouldn't have posted it at all. Secondly, we had a passing tournament at Shelby Valley tonight and I had to rush to get cleaned up and go after a workout. Lastly, my loyalty is to JC ONLY!!!!! I work at JC and they gave me an opportunity to work there when I thought finding a teaching job was impossible. My hats off to Steve Trimble, Steve Whittaker, Phillip Wireman and the rest of the JC Administration for giving me a chance and believing in me to do a good job as an educator. Also, I want to thank Jim Matney and Shawn Hall for giving me a chance to be on their staffs and stay involved in athletics and help develop kids to be a part of this program. I have no desire or ambition to go anywhere else and play on staying at JC as long as they will have me. I apologize if I struck a nerve by not posting it in the girl's forum, it wasn't intentional but had an obligation to JC Football and the kids I coach to go on a trip tonight.
BballFan63 Wrote:I really wasn't trying to attack him; I just wondered why if he had gone to the trouble to post it in those 3 forums why he didn't in the other 2. It's not a big deal really. There may be people who don't read either of the three and they might miss out on the article. That's all.

You must be mistaken on his identity then. I know him very well and have had many conversatuions with him concerning things JC. His dad is a fellow JC grad, and I can assure you that IRISH4 is a very loyal and welcome member of the JC family.
IRISH4 Wrote:Well those sports were the first ones I seen and two of which I assist in (football and baseball), but I noticed Ring 'Em Up had posted it in the General Discussion before I posted it...if I would've known that, then I wouldn't have posted it at all. Secondly, we had a passing tournament at Shelby Valley tonight and I had to rush to get cleaned up and go after a workout. Lastly, my loyalty is to JC ONLY!!!!! I work at JC and they gave me an opportunity to work there when I thought finding a teaching job was impossible. My hats off to Steve Trimble, Steve Whittaker, Phillip Wireman and the rest of the JC Administration for giving me a chance and believing in me to do a good job as an educator. Also, I want to thank Jim Matney and Shawn Hall for giving me a chance to be on their staffs and stay involved in athletics and help develop kids to be a part of this program. I have no desire or ambition to go anywhere else and play on staying at JC as long as they will have me. I apologize if I struck a nerve by not posting it in the girl's forum, it wasn't intentional but had an obligation to JC Football and the kids I coach to go on a trip tonight.

I sincerely apologize for the wrong assumption on your identity. Thought you were someone else. I understand about being busy. Sorry for the mistake.
There ya go , Congrats to a great program!
A sports season like this doesn't come along very often, it takes everyone involved students, coaches, administrators, parents and the community pulling together, everyone involved should be proud.

I would like to mention the boys and girls soccer teams also had outstanding seasons, the boy went 12-4-2 and advanced to the regionals, while the girls team went 11-4-3 and also advanced to the regionals.
Come on people, let's don't let this get out of hand. Yes, JC had good teams in many sports. It's a very good school, we get that. But let's not go nuts - after all, to spin it a different way, there were no regional championships in boys' baseball, basketball or football.

I know I'll get blasted, and I really do like JC...but again...just sayin'.
jetpilot Wrote:Come on people, let's don't let this get out of hand. Yes, JC had good teams in many sports. It's a very good school, we get that. But let's not go nuts - after all, to spin it a different way, there were no regional championships in boys' baseball, basketball or football.

Since they were the only school in the state of Kentucky to achieve that level of success in sports this year, and it being the first time in JC's history that they have been this sucessful in all sports why not let the students, and fans toot their own horn. Let the kids enjoy their accomplishments.
jetpilot Wrote:Come on people, let's don't let this get out of hand. Yes, JC had good teams in many sports. It's a very good school, we get that. But let's not go nuts - after all, to spin it a different way, there were no regional championships in boys' baseball, basketball or football.

I don't think anyone is letting anyting get out of hand but you and your comments. Don't get mad, but we are just proud of what the students have accomplished, but it was a nice touch for you to highlight the things that they didn't succeed at, since you like JC soooooo much!
Old School Wrote:Since they were the only school in the state of Kentucky to achieve that level of success in sports this year, and it being the first time in JC's history that they have been this sucessful in all sports why not let the students, and fans toot their own horn. Let the kids enjoy their accomplishments.

Your point is duly noted. No one will question that JC has a lot to be proud of with their athletics and academics...
Congrats to JC. Kids, coaches and fans/supporters all must have worked hard to accomplish such achievements. :Thumbs:
Good luck Johnson Central.