Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley beat Scott County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Valley beat Scott County!!!!! GREAT jOB!!!!
Details Please!!
Where was this game at?
I think it was at Morgan County!
The Private Wrote:I think it was at Morgan County!

Any stats?
Guys...it was a scrimmage...not a real game.

A lot of times coaches are rotating as many players in as possible and from what I heard that's what SC was doing while Valley stuck with their core players for the majority of the game.

The year South Laurel won the state championship, Holmes beat them by over 25 points in a scrimmage...don't put too much stock in to a scrimmage win.
Congrats to Valley!
A win is a win!!!
The Private Wrote:A win is a win!!!

Very true...and it's a nice building block for the upcoming season. I just wouldn't put too much stock in to a scrimmage win. Scott Co also lost 2 games in the AAU tourney they played in last week end.

Last year Tates Creek beat Holmes in a pre season scrimmage by around 10 points...what happened when they met in the regular season? Holmes 74 Tates Creek 45
kywldcat01 Wrote:Very true...and it's a nice building block for the upcoming season. I just wouldn't put too much stock in to a scrimmage win. Scott Co also lost 2 games in the AAU tourney they played in last week end.

Last year Tates Creek beat Holmes in a pre season scrimmage by around 10 points...what happened when they met in the regular season? Holmes 74 Tates Creek 45

This is not a Holmes thread. We dont need you trying to rain on our parade:dontthink
Not that summer ball means much as far as scores go, but they also beat GRC tonight. They were playing Henry Clay after that, but I don't know the results.

This summer ball stuff kills me. You have the "We beat so and so" on one side, and then you have the "We didn't play as hard as we could have", "We didn't have everybody", or "We subbed a lot, and they didn't". Summer ball is good for players to work on things and coaches to get an idea of what they will have next season.
Wildcat, how is Justice looking this summer?
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:Wildcat, how is Justice looking this summer?

I watched them practice on Tuesday, and he looked great. His jumpshot has improved quite a bit already, and it is obvious that he has been hitting the weights because of how ripped he is. He is playing with so much confidence. He continues to get better each off season and he has already surpassed so many people's predictions of how good he'd be. He will be attending Arkansas' camp (he talked to Pelphrey the other night) and I was thinking the Tennessee camp (not sure about that one though).

I only wish some people (from around the state) who don't know Elisha could have him on their team for a short time. They'd realize what a special kid he is. To see how hard he works at his game day in and day out is amazing. He truly has a passion for the game of basketball and it shows on the floor.
Congrats Valley
MisterPerfect Wrote:Where was this game at?

Bath Co

DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Not that summer ball means much as far as scores go, but they also beat GRC tonight. They were playing Henry Clay after that, but I don't know the results.

This summer ball stuff kills me. You have the "We beat so and so" on one side, and then you have the "We didn't play as hard as we could have", "We didn't have everybody", or "We subbed a lot, and they didn't". Summer ball is good for players to work on things and coaches to get an idea of what they will have next season.

GRC was without Purvis and Zollo in this game.
Nice job VALLEY!!!
Gold Charger Wrote:Bath Co

GRC was without Purvis and Zollo in this game.

Why didn't they play?

Also, did Hatfield play for SV? I know he was injured in the Scott County game and had to sit for some of it.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Why didn't they play?

Also, did Hatfield play for SV? I know he was injured in the Scott County game and had to sit for some of it.

Purvis tore his ACL and was supposed to be released by the DR to play this summer. He went to Dr this week and will not be released for another 2 months. He will miss all of team summer games and his AAU games. He is a member of the Derrick Smith 16u team.

Zollo was out of town. Not sure if Hatfield played or not.
Summer ball is summer ball and anyone can anyone because so many kids playing AAU but I wonder if Josh Whitaker played for Shelby Valley since I heard he would be transferring there.TongueirateSho
EOE Wrote:This is not a Holmes thread. We dont need you trying to rain on our parade:dontthink

Wasn't trying to ruin any parade. My point is don't put too much stock in to how a preseason scrimmage goes because it isn't a very good guage as to how good/bad either team is.

I simply used the Holmes/Tates Creek scrimmage and regular season game to prove a point...Tates Creek beats them by 10 in a scrimmage where a lot of players see the floor, but get beat by 29 when the regulars play a full game.
Down and Out Wrote:Summer ball is summer ball and anyone can anyone because so many kids playing AAU but I wonder if Josh Whitaker played for Shelby Valley since I heard he would be transferring there.TongueirateSho

Whitaker did not play with SV. As far as I know he hasn't practiced with them at all. I read on here that he was playing with Hazard in their camp.

The Ramey boy from Pikeville did play with them though. From my understanding he has been homeschooled.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Whitaker did not play with SV. As far as I know he hasn't practiced with them at all. I read on here that he was playing with Hazard in their camp.

The Ramey boy from Pikeville did play with them though. From my understanding he has been homeschooled.

How old is Ramey?
NEXT Wrote:How old is Ramey?

I'm pretty sure he'll be a senior.
Henry Clay beat SV by 6.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Henry Clay beat SV by 6.

Then that should be a little dose of reality for some of the WAY overboard Valley posters. Henry Clay will not be anywhere close to Scott Co. this season. Summer ball is a far cry from regular season.
letthebighogroot Wrote:Then that should be a little dose of reality for some of the WAY overboard Valley posters. Henry Clay will not be anywhere close to Scott Co. this season. Summer ball is a far cry from regular season.

so how's elliot looking for next season?
504 boy Wrote:so how's elliot looking for next season?

That's funny. But really BigHog, how far? 1st round of district?
i talked to a valley player earlier and the valley starters only played like a quater an henry clay was up but the jv played most of the game so.......obviously if they destroyed them last year they could this year.........summer ball means NUTHING AT ALL even the scott win summer ball is like a live practice......imo
central fan Wrote:i talked to a valley player earlier and the valley starters only played like a quater an henry clay was up but the jv played most of the game so.......obviously if they destroyed them last year they could this year.........summer ball means NUTHING AT ALL even the scott win summer ball is like a live practice......imo

As I posted eariler in a thread, that some coaches use different rotations to see what they need to work on for the coming year, and don't put too much into summer ball, in a win or defeat. I was told that GRC in this game used 20 players, and lost to Valley. But you can bet that GRC will be one of the top teams in the state this coming year. Summer ball is a learning experience, nothing else.
NEXT Wrote:How old is Ramey?

He is 16, I think he will enroll as a Junior and be eligible for 2 years.
Pages: 1 2