Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lowe going to PIKEVILLE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Paige Lowe is moving to Pikeville to play ball. Mrs. Mercer the assisstant coach told the team to vote and all of them except four of us wanted to get rid of her. I am so mad at my team I wanted to keep her sucks for central
Won't she have to sit out this year?
What kind of coach does something like that? It's not the team's decision on who plays it's the coach's....PC will have a hard time this year..And Paige I wouldnt worry about it to much your a good player and are going to Pikeville who has a GOOD coaching staff !!! You will win more games a Pikeville
Is she the only person they voted on? Dumb idea to vote though.

Hope she doesn't have to sit out a year because of a stupid decision by coach/teammates. :boo:
Khsaa will have something to say about the move if it was only to play ball
I don't think that they can if it is a legit move into the district out of Central's district. But then again, with the politics in KHSAA, who knows?
I hope she doesn't have to sit out ... bc I don't think it would be fair.. since they voted her off.. which is one of the weirdest things I have heard
That is one of the wildest things that I have ever heard in my life.
I seriously doubt that Courtney Mercer took a vote to see who wanted a player to stay and who wanted her to go?
I seriously doubt the vote was taken and let's for discussions sake say that it was, what difference does it make what they say about her? Not like they can just kick her off from the team without a legit reason.
I know Mercer personally and she is not that type of person, teacher, nor coach.
Apparently none of you watched ESPN today
the Eagles team voted T.Owens off of their team as well
I really dont have an opinion, personally i think that chemisrty is very important on any team.
I dont know the background of the situation
I hope she dont have to sit out a year and I hope she drops 40 on PCC when they play. Thats a bad thing to do and I wish her the best of luck.
Is there any truth to this?
"Laffy Taffy" Wrote:I hope she dont have to sit out a year and I hope she drops 40 on PCC when they play. Thats a bad thing to do and I wish her the best of luck.
I hope so too
"thetribe" Wrote:That is one of the wildest things that I have ever heard in my life.
I seriously doubt that Courtney Mercer took a vote to see who wanted a player to stay and who wanted her to go?
I seriously doubt the vote was taken and let's for discussions sake say that it was, what difference does it make what they say about her? Not like they can just kick her off from the team without a legit reason.
I know Mercer personally and she is not that type of person, teacher, nor coach.

I also know Courtney and I have serious doubts that this happened the way it was posted.
Well, I would like to know how it did happen!
All I know this is the 2nd, if not 3rd time Lowe has quit the team..She quit last year and was allowed to come back..What's the deal with the vote? Is she staying at Central?
Latest on Paige at Central...Mom got her back on team. Out until Jan. 1 for behavior problems.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Apparently none of you watched ESPN today
the Eagles team voted T.Owens off of their team as well

There is a big difference in the NFL and high school basketball... she is not getting paid to play for them..
i dont know why she would go to pikeville
they are realy bad and im not just saying that to be mean they really are bad i think that all of the seniors quit and the rest are freshman and sophmores
well the reason they voted was BECAUSE Paige has quit numerous times and some of the players were upset that she got to keep coming back....so Mrs. mercer told them to take a vote
I think that this is very sad to punish one girl because of that reason. I think the team memebers shoulf put theirself in Pagie's place. It's not like they have never messed up on and off the court. I feel that some of the players especially the young one's are a bit jealious because she is a much better player than the young one's.. Without Haley and Pagie that team wouldn't stand a chance.
"foulshot" Wrote:I think that this is very sad to punish one girl because of that reason. I think the team memebers shoulf put theirself in Pagie's place. It's not like they have never messed up on and off the court. I feel that some of the players especially the young one's are a bit jealious because she is a much better player than the young one's.. Without Haley and Pagie that team wouldn't stand a chance.

Maybe they are tired of her quitting every time something doesn't go her way and getting to come back on the team and start where she left off.

I don't agree with a coach letting the team decide who plays and who doesn't (that's what the coach is there for), but I disagree with your statement that the team member should put themselves in her place and that they are jealous because she is better than some of them.
Everyone to their own opinion but tell me if any of the other girls on that team would have done something would they be voted off the team or have some kind of punishment like that I don't think so. To me that is total discrimination. And as far as some of the young players being jealous they are with Paige gone they see a starting position for themselves if they can handle the pressure and from what i have seen they can't. Most of the young players are jealous of Haley ratliff and Paige Lowe.

:wieghts:
I know the Lowe family personally and from what i have heard the coaches told the team players to vote Paige off the team and they did. Wander if this allowed by school policy.

:Hammer3:
Is Colvin playing or not? Why would anyone go to Pikeville? They lost everything!
If she started late and then quit I could see that! Anytime a coach gets in a situation like that I think that that was a good move by the coaching staff!
"foulshot" Wrote:Everyone to their own opinion but tell me if any of the other girls on that team would have done something would they be voted off the team or have some kind of punishment like that I don't think so. To me that is total discrimination. And as far as some of the young players being jealous they are with Paige gone they see a starting position for themselves if they can handle the pressure and from what i have seen they can't. Most of the young players are jealous of Haley ratliff and Paige Lowe.

:wieghts:

I would think that most of the young players would look up to Haley Ratliff and Paige Lowe and want to be as good as they are, not be jealous because they are the leaders of the team. Many of these girls started playing in sixth and seventh grade if not before, they look up to them as leaders and leaders should set a good example for the rest of the team, and IMO the PC leaders do not do this. It shows in their attitude on and off the court.
"snoop" Wrote:Is Colvin playing or not?

not
I got word today that Paige is the newest manager for the Lady Hawks and
isn't allowed to practice.

Confusedhithappe :lol:

:mop:
What's the reasoning behind Colvin not playing?
"Hulk" Wrote:I got word today that Paige is the newest manager for the Lady Hawks and
isn't allowed to practice.

Confusedhithappe :lol:

:mop:

I heard that also. I'm guessing she won't wear a Hawk uniform until 2006.
Pages: 1 2