Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's Been To Frozen Creek in Salyersville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
THE OLD VANCLEAVE BIBLE INSTITUTE
FROZEN CREEK FLOOD 1939
Hey I need to know some info. on this place before i go. I am leaving this Friday, 11. and I need to know anything, for ex. if you have been there what was some things that u heard an saw, or any extra history of the place.
I've been. Wasn't that great or too scary. But we went w/ a lot of people. Should be fun though.
Heard that it's not scary with alot of people and the way that you mentioned Wiki there will be 10 people too many for it to be scary.
yeah I think so too...but i believe i might go back on july the 5 th with just me and tator, and micha, cause on july the 5th is when it all happened from the cloud Burst
I've been and it's not in Salyersville I don't think. It's in Jackson.
I also thought it was in breathitt co
I thought Breahitt County too.
A lot of my friends went but I didn't go ... one fell through the floor... so be careful lol
Haha, the pictures I have saw look like all buildings are in pretty rough shape.
I think there's a thread on here with the pictures up.
Yes, I was wondering why I had never heard of such a thing even though I have lived in Salyersville my entire life. Thanks for clearing that up.
Van Cleve is indeed in Breathitt Co.
I havent been but some of my friends have. They didnt see anything while hey were there, but they took pictures and when they looked at them on the digital camera there a little girl standing in a hallway(or so they tell me). So make sure you take plenty of pictures while you are there.
When I went I didn't see or hear anything, but I also went with 8 of my friends. I spoke to a guy not too long ago that is 36 and he said he'd show me living proof that he's seen visuals. He said he had a few pictures he'd like to show me so it should be pretty interesting to say the least...
wish we could see the pics on here.
i have been and it is pretty kewl when my wife went years ago she found receipts for chains and shackels and stuff from like 1932 or 42 something like that
her friends have pictures and in one there is little girl peeking around the doorway with a doll in her hand it is very very kewl and here is a video of thing running past the camera shreeking wich you can't see unless it is on the video
my wifes friends will not go back
but there is a man living in a camper right past the gate so it is hard to get there unless you drive past the first building on the right (the old gym) and come in through the hills
there are numerous web sites about frozen creek with pictures and people all over the country who have been and who are interested
I want to see the site again that was made by some boys that went. I can't remember the address or even how I found the site last year but it was great.

It too had the little girl peeking around the corner in the picture.

Weird stuff.
I have'nt seen any pictures of it or anything...
I will ask Chris how we found them last year, they were pretty freaky.
Here is a great site that i found on Frozen.
www.geocities.com/frozenpix/pics.html
thetribe Wrote:I want to see the site again that was made by some boys that went. I can't remember the address or even how I found the site last year but it was great.

It too had the little girl peeking around the corner in the picture.

Weird stuff.
that is probably where i seen the picture then i must have been mistaken
but the video of the images was awesome
A bunch of my friends have went, Never got up the couarge to go, I scare easy, HAHA. I Might try and get some people to go next weekend, Get a camera and take lots of pics and show you guys.
Eagle Football Wrote:Here is a great site that i found on Frozen.
www.geocities.com/frozenpix/pics.html

I LOVE YOU! THAT is the site that I was looking for and telling you guys about! Thank you thank you thank you! :rock:
thetribe Wrote:I LOVE YOU! THAT is the site that I was looking for and telling you guys about! Thank you thank you thank you! :rock:

no problem....kinda freaky isn't it?
I was the greatest Wrote:that is probably where i seen the picture then i must have been mistaken
but the video of the images was awesome

http://www.geocities.com/frozenpix/pics.html has that pic on there that we are talking about. :link: