Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Riverside Christian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do you all think they will do in the 09/10 season???
Riverside will be Riverside.
C.Clair Wrote:Riverside will be Riverside.

What exactly do you mean by that? I really don't know a lot about Riverside. So, i don't know.
MisterPerfect Wrote:What exactly do you mean by that? I really don't know a lot about Riverside. So, i don't know.

I think he means that Riverside is a very small school and it's harder for the small schools to put together a team that can compete with all the larger schools in the area.
we played them last year and all they had were like 10 players and one of them looked like he was in the 5th grade, they had very few fans there and we beat them like 100-12.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I think he means that Riverside is a very small school and it's harder for the small schools to put together a team that can compete with all the larger schools in the area.

Alright. Thanks for filling me in. And I totally agree with what you said about it being harder to compete with larger schools when you are a small school.
Actually I was being generous when I called them a small school. Riverside is a tiny Christian school. I don't know their exact enrollment but from their website it looks like they had 10 graduates this year. According to KHSAA it looks like Riverside had a record of 0-25 this past basketball season. You have to admire these kids for going out and trying.

http://www.riversidechristian.org/
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Actually I was being generous when I called them a small school. Riverside is a tiny Christian school. I don't know their exact enrollment but from their website it looks like they had 10 graduates this year.

Wow. Only 10 Graduates. This must really be a small school.
Riverside is very very small. They might have 100 students in the facility. That includes elementary too.
I believe Breathitt County High School has more seniors each year than they do enrollment.
Riverside should schedule smaller christian schools from now on.
Moore v. TBA

Perry Co. Central v. Fern Creek - 5:00 pm

Bracken Co. v. Riverside Christian

Evangel Christian v. Estill Co.

im assuming more games to be played in this Invitational
Are they playing this tournament at Riverside? They have one of the smallest gyms I have ever seen. Just curious, Thanks!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Are they playing this tournament at Riverside? They have one of the smallest gyms I have ever seen. Just curious, Thanks!

i have no idea, but as soon as i find out something ill be asure to let you all know. i know Jackson City's gym is extremely small, theres no room in there gym, they dont even have locker rooms
Didn't they make a run about two or three years ago at region?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Didn't they make a run about two or three years ago at region?

yes they did. it was in 2005/6 Jackson City was Region Runner-up
Oh it was a different team. My Bad!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Actually I was being generous when I called them a small school. Riverside is a tiny Christian school. I don't know their exact enrollment but from their website it looks like they had 10 graduates this year. According to KHSAA it looks like Riverside had a record of 0-25 this past basketball season. You have to admire these kids for going out and trying.

They must love the sport to keep going back out! I wish them all the best in the upcoming season!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Are they playing this tournament at Riverside? They have one of the smallest gyms I have ever seen. Just curious, Thanks!

They hosted it at Breathitt Co. this past season. I look for them to do that again.
Bluecat Wrote:They hosted it at Breathitt Co. this past season. I look for them to do that again.

Makes sense!! Thanks for the info Bluecat.
I think they have around 300 some kids in the school, from K-12....