Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Figured I would start this one early.

What does everybody think?
I thank the 14 is wide open. I thank just about every team has one good pitcher. Estill will be tough again but they will lose the best pitcher in the 14. Hazard lost a lot. PCC also lost alot. Knott will be stronger next year they will be tough.
I agree and think KCC may be the favorite, but lots of things can change in the offseason!! Good luck to everyone in the 14th.
Let's not forget that LCC is only loosing two players in Nathan Adams, and Derek Walzer. They will be loaded with a bunch of seniors, so next year it will be do or die.
KCC will have Blake Smith next year.
Who's Blake Smith?
Blake came from JBS last year...was ineligible...Will probaly play 1st base next seaon for the Patriots.
The 14th will be wide open again. Some teams to look out for is Knott, Letcher, Powell, and Breathitt. Of course Estill, Perry, and Hazard will always be in the mix.
Can anyone tell me where the tournament is going to be at? I thought that it was going to be at LCC?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Can anyone tell me where the tournament is going to be at? I thought that it was going to be at LCC?

it is gonna be at Letcher Central
Knott County has to look good only losing 1 player
HazardPerry Wrote:Knott County has to look good only losing 1 player

who do they lose?
bell_co98 Wrote:who do they lose?

KCC lost

Josh Richardson (1B, OF)
We lost Josh but hopefully we can add a certain coach to our staff from LCC!
We know who you are talking about firechief, so go ahead and say his name. Smile
Leslie County will be pretty good. They only lost 2 players. If they can get some pitching they will be pretty solid.
I say Perry, Hazard, Knott, Letcher, and Estill can all compete for the title. I think it will all come down to draws and pitching match-ups.
I mean we was one out away from having a chance to go to the finals. We all know what happen. We chocked bigger than a squirrel swallowing a t-bone.
KCC is the front runner going into the season IMO. I think with Terry and Ritchie coming back for Breathitt they could suprise a few people. As most have said, I agee 14th will be wide open again this season and it should be a another fun year in the 14th!
the 14th will be very competitive next year with Estill Co., KCC, PCC, LCC, Hazard all gunning for the Title. dont count out Powell, they will be good, better than this year. Wolfe County dont lose no one and a couple of the teams dont have there roster filled out on the KHSAA Website.

Estill County (22-9) 14th Region Champions

Lose:

Drew Freeman (1B, P)
Ben Benedict ©
Trent Singleton (3B, P)

Return:

Kyle Clowers (OF, 1B, P)
Taylor Fagin (SS)
Blake Crowe (2B, P)
Tyler Williams (OF)

Hazard (27-7) 14th Region Runner-Up

Lose:

Tyler Olinger (OF)
TJ Searcy (P, C)
Jody Grigsby (1B, P, C)
Ryan Combs (INF, P)
Josh Feltner (INF, P)

Return:

Josh Meehan (INF, P)
Joey Meehan (INF, P)
Corey Slone (OF, P, C)

Knott Co. Central (22-5)

Lose:

Josh Richardson (1B, OF)

Letcher Co. Central (16-17)

Lose:

Derek Smith (OF, 1B)
Nathan Adams (P, 1B)

Return:

Tanner Sexton (P, SS)
Chase Adams (P, CF)
Dallas Adams (P, 2B)
Casey Kincaid (P, INF)

Perry Co. Central (21-9)

Lose:

Taylin Goodson (INF, C, P)
Brandon Napier (SS, P)
John Amis (INF, P)
Cory Carroll (OF)
David Napier (1B)

Return:

Tyler Mullins (OF)
Jordan Amis (OF, INF)
Jordan Campbell (OF)

Powell County (14-17)

Lose:

Tyler Mastin (OF)
Russ Dotson (P, 1B)

Return:

Cody Morton (INF)
Cory Meade (INF)
Morgan Reed (P, INF)
Aaron McIntosh (INF, OF)

Wolfe County (13-9)

Return:

Dylan Creech (INF)
Deron Terrill

Lee County (12-10)

Lose:

Tyler Campbell (P, OF)
Bryan Estes (OF)

Return:

Gus Wise ©

Breathitt County (12-11)

Lose:

Willis Back (3B, P, 1B)
Tanner Lawson (SS, LF, P)

Return:

Dakota Ritchie (SS, P)
Alex Hamilton (LF, P)

Leslie County (12-13)

Lose:

Matthew Davidson (OF)
Jimmy Morgan (P, OF)

Buckhorn (9-15)

Jackson City (6-10)

Lose:

Brian Combs (CF)
John Robinson (1B)
Derek Goff (P, SS)
Gentry Hayes (P, SS)

Cordia (5-20)

Lose:

Ronnie Smith (C, P)
Josh Collins (OF, P)

Jenkins (4-15)

Lose:

Allen Caudill (OF)
John Bartley (1B, 3B)
Josh Cornett (SS, P)
Jacob Gross (2B, SS, P)
Cory Maggard (LF)

Riverside Christian (1-15)

Owsley County (0-25)

Lose:

Kyle Bobrowski
Jordan Hardy
Justin Bowling
Impressive list. Letcher Central lost Derek Walzer not Derek Smith. If Estill County only lost three, they have to be considered a frontrunner as they have won the last two regional titles.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Impressive list. Letcher Central lost Derek Walzer not Derek Smith. If Estill County only lost three, they have to be considered a frontrunner as they have won the last two regional titles.

Estill lost 4, the other player they lost batted 9th and was the DH, which he didnt do anything
Hazard is losing 4 pitchers.

Who will be stepping in to take there spots?
Has Estill found a new coach yet?
Lucky13 Wrote:Has Estill found a new coach yet?

what happened to coach wood?
Strikeout King Wrote:what happened to coach wood?

That is what I was wondering.
He retired was what I heard.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:He retired was what I heard.

That would about have to be it cause I very seriously doubt that he would be fired after winning 2 straight region titles.
One thing is for sure, he went out on top, kinda, winning 2 straight regional titles in the 14th! Way to go out on top as they say. lol
The position is listed as open on the KHSAA list of baseball coaches.
Pages: 1 2