Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Marty Jaggers out as Mercer Co. Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i saw this on the news tonight that Marty Jaggers has resigned as Mercer Co. Head Coach. i think they said that he retired from teaching so he resigned as Head Coach!
I heard that. Who could some of the possible canidates be...it's awful late to be hiring a coach.
He help that program start. They have a state championship.
That is a big loss for them.
where was he from?
dunno, but I think wherever he goes, he will be successful. They gave us all we wanted and then some in the second round last year.
Why would he leave at this time of the season when football is just starting up. I would think that if you were considering leaving you would have left when it is best for the kids to adjust to a new coach. Leaving them just when they start kicking things in gear is alittle harsh.
tradition Wrote:Why would he leave at this time of the season when football is just starting up. I would think that if you were considering leaving you would have left when it is best for the kids to adjust to a new coach. Leaving them just when they start kicking things in gear is alittle harsh.

i think they said on the news that he didnt wanna teach but he wanted to still coach and they said that if he didnt teach then he couldnt coach or something like that
It keeps the school from having to pay two saleries rather than just one.
How long had he been coaching/teaching?
tradition Wrote:How long had he been coaching/teaching?

dunno, but he was at Mercer Co. for 4 years and before Mercer he was at Lincoln Co. for 4 years idk about before them. he is a tremendous coach.
Any idea as to who might want him as a coach?
Send him to Jenkins.