Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Abortion Doctor Shot And Killed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Source:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090531/ap_o...r_shooting

By ROXANA HEGEMAN, Associated Press Writer Roxana Hegeman, Associated Press Writer – Sun May 31, 7:59 pm ET
WICHITA, Kan. – Dr. George Tiller, one of the nation's few providers of late-term abortions despite decades of protests and attacks, was shot and killed Sunday in a church where he was serving as an usher.
The gunman fled, but a 51-year-old suspect was detained some 170 miles away in suburban Kansas City three hours after the shooting, Wichita Deputy Police Chief Tom Stolz said.
Although Stolz refused to release the man's name, Johnson County sheriff's spokesman Tom Erickson identified the detained man as Scott Roeder. He has not been charged in the slaying and was expected to be taken to Wichita for questioning.
There was no immediate word of the motive Tiller's assailant. But the doctor's violent death was the latest in a string of shootings and bombings over two decades directed against abortion clinics, doctors and staff.
Wow
in a church? wow..
I can't believe anyone is surprised.
What goes around, comes around..
He ground up 60,000 fetuses and performed many abortions into the 9th month. I think even the most liberal on here would have a problem with that. If he would have been in jail where he belonged this wouldn't have happened to him.

On a side note, how can you grind up 9th month fetuses (yes, it's a baby) and then be in church the next morning? Just wow.
A man was killed for exercising his constitutional right. A man who claims to love America says he deserved it.
thecavemaster Wrote:A man was killed for exercising his constitutional right. A man who claims to love America says he deserved it.

No one said he deserved it. Somebody needs to brush up on his reading comprehension skills.
jetpilot Wrote:No one said he deserved it. Somebody needs to brush up on his reading comprehension skills.

If he'd a been in jail, by god, it wouldn'a happened, by god. If that isn't implying he deserved it... well, it is.
thecavemaster Wrote:If he'd a been in jail, by god, it wouldn'a happened, by god. If that isn't implying he deserved it... well, it is.

First you said I said it. Now you say I implied it. Still wrong, but thanks for playing and there will be a nice parting gift...:thanks:
jetpilot Wrote:He ground up 60,000 fetuses and performed many abortions into the 9th month. I think even the most liberal on here would have a problem with that. If he would have been in jail where he belonged this wouldn't have happened to him.

On a side note, how can you grind up 9th month fetuses (yes, it's a baby) and then be in church the next morning? Just wow.

D*** Jetpilot, I like you, GREAT POST!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
jetpilot Wrote:First you said I said it. Now you say I implied it. Still wrong, but thanks for playing and there will be a nice parting gift...:thanks:

If this kind of reference to Bob Pardo makes you feel "right," be my guest. The "logical person" test, in my opinion, suggests you don't have much of an idea what your words implied.
thecavemaster Wrote:If this kind of reference to Bob Pardo makes you feel "right," be my guest. The "logical person" test, in my opinion, suggests you don't have much of an idea what your words implied.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...now you're saying I don't know what I meant but you do.:lmao:
lil dog Wrote:D*** Jetpilot, I like you, GREAT POST!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:

Thanks!!!:Thumbs:
jetpilot Wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHA...now you're saying I don't know what I meant but you do.:lmao:
Tell you what: if possible, let's find twelve fairly objective persons, like a jury. Ask them to apply the "what conclusion would a reasonable person reach" test to your "oughta been in jail" comment. I can live with the results.
thecavemaster Wrote:Tell you what: if possible, let's find twelve fairly objective persons, like a jury. Ask them to apply the "what conclusion would a reasonable person reach" test to your "oughta been in jail" comment. I can live with the results.

First you said I said he deserved it. Then you changed it to I implied it. Then you said I didn't know what my words implied. And now you want 12 other people to decide what I meant. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.:biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:First you said I said he deserved it. Then you changed it to I implied it. Then you said I didn't know what my words implied. And now you want 12 other people to decide what I meant. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.:biggrin:

O.K. Let's clear it up then: did he deserve it? Why should he have been in jail? As an aside, to imply something is often a coward's way of saying it.
thecavemaster Wrote:O.K. Let's clear it up then: did he deserve it? Why should he have been in jail? As an aside, to imply something is often a coward's way of saying it.

Finally!!! As your fifth option of determining what I meant, you finally go to the source! Nobody deserves to be murdered. I think everyone understands this.

Tiller belonged in jail because he was breaking the law.

http://www.dr-tiller.com/elective.htm

Congrats on your big day. You have shown sympathy for a baby butcher and argued that the USA has no right to interfere with Iran getting nukes. Hopefully you'll be able to kick a cat before you go to bed tonight.:flush:
thecavemaster Wrote:Tell you what: if possible, let's find twelve fairly objective persons, like a jury. Ask them to apply the "what conclusion would a reasonable person reach" test to your "oughta been in jail" comment. I can live with the results.

I think I'm a fairly objective person.......can I be on the jury.:Thumbs:
jetpilot Wrote:Finally!!! As your fifth option of determining what I meant, you finally go to the source! Nobody deserves to be murdered. I think everyone understands this.

Congrats on your big day. You have shown sympathy for a baby butcher and argued that the USA has no right to interfere with Iran getting nukes. Hopefully you'll be able to kick a cat before you go to bed tonight.:flush:
And you said he deserved to be in jail, as if you were judge and jury. "Baby butcher" is your term. I said that, given history (and frankly given the history of CIA interference in Iranian politics), perhaps the United States does not have the greatest of moral authority in the matter. Your last name wouldn't be Feline, would it?
Old School Wrote:I think I'm a fairly objective person.......can I be on the jury.:Thumbs:

If an analogous jury is named, fire on it.
thecavemaster Wrote:And you said he deserved to be in jail, as if you were judge and jury. "Baby butcher" is your term. I said that, given history (and frankly given the history of CIA interference in Iranian politics), perhaps the United States does not have the greatest of moral authority in the matter. Your last name wouldn't be Feline, would it?

He clearly broke the law and people who do that should go to jail. Simple.
The USA doesn't need any moral authority to keep terrorist nations from developing nuclear weapons.
Nope, you won't be kicking me.
jetpilot Wrote:He clearly broke the law and people who do that should go to jail. Simple.
The USA doesn't need any moral authority to keep terrorist nations from developing nuclear weapons.
Nope, you won't be kicking me.

If he "clearly" broke the law, why wasn't he in jail? Other than right leaning spin, I don't see it. Wasn't this in Kansas? Not exactly a hotbed of liberalism. India has nukes. Pakistan has nukes. North Korea has nukes. The genie is out of the bottle.
I wanna water-board Jetpilot!:devilflam
DevilsWin Wrote:I wanna water-board Jetpilot!:devilflam

But you want to put Bush in jail for doing it to terrorists.:Clap:
Its a life lesson as old as life itself
You Reap What You Sow.
Its terrible and Ill pray for his family but I cant say I was surprised.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Its a life lesson as old as life itself
You Reap What You Sow.

If reaping what was sown was a consistent justice principle in the visible earth, ... well, it isn't. Plain and simple.
jetpilot Wrote:Finally!!! As your fifth option of determining what I meant, you finally go to the source! Nobody deserves to be murdered. I think everyone understands this.

lol..
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Its a life lesson as old as life itself
You Reap What You Sow.

thecavemaster Wrote:If reaping what was sown was a consistent justice principle in the visible earth, ... well, it isn't. Plain and simple.

Galatians chapter 6 verse 7, Be not deceived, god is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.. The doctor killed babys, he was then killed, IN A CHURCH. He sowed death, then he reaped death. so I think HAIL PIKEVILLE, is right. Eventually, everyone will reap what they sow. If I sow grass seeds in my yard, grass is what will grow, if something else grows then I sowed something else, plain and simple!!!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:Galatians chapter 6 verse 7, Be not deceived, god is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.. The doctor killed babys, he was then killed, IN A CHURCH. He sowed death, then he reaped death. so I think HAIL PIKEVILLE, is right. Eventually, everyone will reap what they sow. If I sow grass seeds in my yard, grass is what will grow, if something else grows then I sowed something else, plain and simple!!!!!!!

Oh boy, I cant wait to see the barrage of big and important sounding words, with the complicated mumbo jumbo response to this one.

Hope you know what you set yourself up for lil dog!!!
Pages: 1 2 3