Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What dose Russell need to work on the most in 2009?
Execution, Execution, Execution.
what they going to have this year will they make 2 run.
cuppett777 Wrote:what they going to have this year will they make 2 run.
This doesn't make a bit of sense.
i watched russells film because we had to play a team that beast them in the playoffs second or third round. but they seemed to lack alot of structure, they really didnt have much size to them, they play 2 classes up i believe also. they need to focus the basics i think and rebuild the program, they had a decent year but would have got smoked by any of the powerhouses in 3A. they need a strong running back and quarterback and size and strength. for a 1A school i give them props but still have alot of work to do.
Russell is NOT a 1A school. They are a legit 3A school with around 800 students.
Russell is a 3A school with around 650 students, we play 1-A school-Raceland, becasue we are 3 minutes apart in distance and the rest of the schedule is district play and 4A and 5A schools.
Winning is a tradition here at Russell, and thanks for the "PROPS", but props dont get you anywhere on the field. Oh and thanks for telling us what we need to work on, because I dont think the tradition rich coaching staff at Russell could have figured it out."sarcasm" injected right here!!!
hmm mabye it russellville thats 1A, but russell didnt do so hot this past year. i dont know about their tradition or work ethic no disrespect they just didnt look to hot on film last year.
I hope Russel does good this year, but it will be a tough season.
I only saw the Devils once this past year, at Belfry. That team played flat. They seemed like they didn't even want to be on the field. They need aggression. The kids know the system, they've played it all their lives, but last year's team didn't have the drive, that fire inside them that pushes players to the limits of their physical ability to win. Maybe it was just that game though, like I said, I only saw them once.

Either way, the Devils will be on the hunt this year, of that I'm sure.
Russell needs some heart!!!!!!

Sparks in my opinion is the qb unless someone beats him out, competion is always good.
White, Rice, and Jones in the backfield with Rogers at end and im not sure who at the other end.
Rogers looks like a solid reciever(great high jumper in track) on a running team, I hope Ivan will let Sparks get him the ball more.
Rice will be the go to guy this year when you need the yards. Rice and Cameron Smith will lead this team and hopefully some others will step up.
Belfry game was down right pitiful,,if that was the only game you saw then I can understand....
Better luck this year !!!!
DevilsWin Wrote:This doesn't make a bit of sense.

was supposed to be...........what will they have this year..will they make a run? sorry
UCFB Wrote:hmm mabye it russellville thats 1A, but russell didnt do so hot this past year. i dont know about their tradition or work ethic no disrespect they just didnt look to hot on film last year.

russell is like (belfry) (breahitt) there usally in it to win it...
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Belfry game was down right pitiful,,if that was the only game you saw then I can understand....
Better luck this year !!!!

i liked it alot,lol,little payback,lol,na really thought it would be a good game
How many seniors did they loose?
This is a little off the subject, but has anyone seen the field lately? I had heard that it was in bad shape, so I drove by today to take a look for myself and from about the goal line on the baseball side to about the 30 right in the center of the field the grass that was grown new last year and looked so good is completely missing and there is nothing but dirt.

does anybody know what happened? Is it fixable? I know lots of money was spent to really do the field right and it looks worse now that it ever has looked in all the years i've been watching games there.
Russelldad Wrote:This is a little off the subject, but has anyone seen the field lately? I had heard that it was in bad shape, so I drove by today to take a look for myself and from about the goal line on the baseball side to about the 30 right in the center of the field the grass that was grown new last year and looked so good is completely missing and there is nothing but dirt.

does anybody know what happened? Is it fixable? I know lots of money was spent to really do the field right and it looks worse now that it ever has looked in all the years i've been watching games there.

Agreed dont no what happened to it, I thought they fixed the crown but it still looks like you can see it??
From what I heard tonight, the grass did not take and survive the winter. I had heard that they planted new grass to see if it will take, but not sure if it will be ready to go.....
My thought,,, and this is only a thought.......instead of seeding, re-seeding and hope that it takes,,,then re-doing it again next year and spend money......
G..E..T........T...U....R.....F...!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a thought.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:From what I heard tonight, the grass did not take and survive the winter. I had heard that they planted new grass to see if it will take, but not sure if it will be ready to go.....
My thought,,, and this is only a thought.......instead of seeding, re-seeding and hope that it takes,,,then re-doing it again next year and spend money......
G..E..T........T...U....R.....F...!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a thought.

Sounds like something that they may seriously have to look into. Especially if you have to keep pouring money into reseeding again and again
thought i seen thread a while back you guys was getting turf? was i mistaken
I think it will be fixable. I jogged around Greenups the other day and it looks like they just started planting seed.
This is really turning into a concern for me of how much the school is caring for the sports programs, has it been slipping I doubt it but they could at least have a meeting to discuss such matter. To have a good football team you must have great facilites so the kids can enjoy them. Russell can make this happen I think its more of not wanting it to happen.
The crown froze last winter when we had that ice storm...It essentially killed out the new bermuda...They are planting bermuda seed soon rather than sprigging...Its a shame because the field held up better last year than it had in some time and it would have only gotten better as the bermuda matured and spread...

I am really starting to believe that the field is sitting on top of an old Indian burial ground... TongueirateSku That field is cursed...Nothing will ever grow there but weeds!!! :yikes:
devil58 Wrote:The crown froze last winter when we had that ice storm...It essentially killed out the new bermuda...They are planting bermuda seed soon rather than sprigging...Its a shame because the field held up better last year than it had in some time and it would have only gotten better as the bermuda matured and spread...

I am really starting to believe that the field is sitting on top of an old Indian burial ground... TongueirateSku That field is cursed...Nothing will ever grow there but weeds!!! :yikes:

the bermuda is a very popular grass for fields, it looks really good to.. the only problem i have with it is when the grass turns brown in the late fall...its mainly to do with its thin root structure.
Are they still fund raising for the turf?
Line play