Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magic Win The Eastern Conference
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Magic win series 4-2

Congrats Magic
Well LeBron didn't show up tonight. Thats exactly why I think Kobe is better than LeBron. Kobe has big games when his team needs it most, as for LeBron he chokes when his team needs him most.

The Cavs most defiantly could have used a 35-40 point performance because both West & Williams showed up to play.
Strikeout King Wrote:Magic win series 4-2

Congrats Magic

First of all congrats to the MAGIC!! I am cheering for you now...but I owuld also like to say that my team getting beat was fine they deserved it they couldnt even make a free thow...but the calls that was made tonight was horrible...nothing was called for cleveland...NO FOULS CALLED unless cleveland looked at the magic the wrong way...Superman had a great game tonight and hope hes show Gasol how to play....Good luck magic, and hope yoyu get the calls next series
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Well LeBron didn't show up tonight. Thats exactly why I think Kobe is better than LeBron. Kobe has big games when his team needs it most, as for LeBron he chokes when his team needs him most.

The Cavs most defiantly could have used a 35-40 point performance because both West & Williams showed up to play.

Great post besides the KOBe and Lebron thing...Kobe is not that great
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Well LeBron didn't show up tonight. Thats exactly why I think Kobe is better than LeBron. Kobe has big games when his team needs it most, as for LeBron he chokes when his team needs him most.

LeBron chokes? Did you not see his performance in the 4th period against the Magic the night before?

I don't mean to be mean. But, I don't think he chokes when his team needs him.
MisterPerfect Wrote:LeBron chokes? Did you not see his performance in the 4th period against the Magic the night before?

Wait do you mean the game where he shot 24 free throws And fell at the end of the game and they called a foul? yes real clutch.. and listen to the ville whining about calls are u kidding me? its been the best called game of the series. you cant call a foul whenever someone touches lebron
MisterPerfect Wrote:LeBron chokes? Did you not see his performance in the 4th period against the Magic the night before?

Then what happened tonight? He did show up Thursday night, but his team needed him most tonight on the road.

25 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists is good for LeBron, but he most certainly needed to have a 35-40 point scoring effort tonight for his team to have a chance. I don't recall LeBron's Cavs winning a game in this series with 'Bron scoring 25 points or less.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Then what happened tonight? He did show up Thursday night, but his team needed him most tonight on the road.

25 points, 7 rebounds, and 7 assists is good for LeBron, but he most certainly needed to have a 35-40 point scoring effort tonight for his team to have a chance. I don't recall LeBron's Cavs winning a game in this series with 'Bron scoring 25 points or less.

I understand what your saying, that his team needed him most tonight, but I dont think you can say he choked, he carried this team with an average of 41pts 8ast and 8rbs a game no other player in the history of the NBA has done that in the playoff's, so to say he choked is just crazy. JMO
How was it bad calling tonight. I believe the Cavs had more fouls called then the Magic.

The better team showed up last night, and thats why the Magic are heading to the finals.

Great Post...
NYY10 Wrote:How was it bad calling tonight. I believe the Cavs had more fouls called then the Magic.

The better team showed up last night, and thats why the Magic are heading to the finals.

I agree the better team sowed up....but still... horrible called game I thought....Congrats to the Magic....though for going to the finals and hope they win....
theVILLE Wrote:I agree the better team sowed up....but still... horrible called game I thought....Congrats to the Magic....though for going to the finals and hope they win....

Crazyness, Saying that the magic gets more calls then the cavs is obserd, we all seen the contraversal calls ion game 3, 4 with howard fouling out in 2 maybe? And the magic still came out against all odds and the nba hates them for it.

NYY10 Wrote:How was it bad calling tonight. I believe the Cavs had more fouls called then the Magic.

Correct

lil dog Wrote:I understand what your saying, that his team needed him most tonight, but I dont think you can say he choked, he carried this team with an average of 41pts 8ast and 8rbs a game no other player in the history of the NBA has done that in the playoff's, so to say he choked is just crazy. JMO

Yes you can, he SUPPOST to be the best player in the league, yes he showed up the games before that with the help with the men in black and white, but when your the mvp you suppost to show up in that game 6 on the road and score 20 points in the fourth quarter, not 3 i think? maybe 1. kobe would have had 18 if his team needed it
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Crazyness, Saying that the magic gets more calls then the cavs is obserd, we all seen the contraversal calls ion game 3, 4 with howard fouling out in 2 maybe? And the magic still came out against all odds and the nba hates them for it.

Correct

Yes you can, he SUPPOST to be the best player in the league, yes he showed up the games before that with the help with the men in black and white, but when your the mvp you suppost to show up in that game 6 on the road and score 20 points in the fourth quarter, not 3 i think? maybe 1. kobe would have had 18 if his team needed it

first of all, suppose is how you spell the word you were trying to use!! 2ND, If what you are saying is true, Kobe would not have lost a game with your argument. any time the lakers lose where is Kobe's 18 extra points? These guys no matter how good they are are only human and they wont be on in every game!! And by the way I will never say the refs won or lost a game for any team
I can't believe people honestly picked the CAVS to sweep the Magic. The better team won this series.
[quote=Wildcatk23]Crazyness, Saying that the magic gets more calls then the cavs is obserd, we all seen the contraversal calls ion game 3, 4 with howard fouling out in 2 maybe? And the magic still came out against all odds and the nba hates them for it.

Yeah the first few was called for the CAVS but not near as bad as the game last night
lil dog Wrote:first of all, suppose is how you spell the word you were trying to use!! 2ND, If what you are saying is true, Kobe would not have lost a game with your argument. any time the lakers lose where is Kobe's 18 extra points? These guys no matter how good they are are only human and they wont be on in every game!! And by the way I will never say the refs won or lost a game for any team

im just saying they helped the magic some last night....you cant sit there aand say that the refs didnt make some calls for the MAGIC....I like the MAgic and hope they win now but they was some cheating last night
theVILLE Wrote:im just saying they helped the magic some last night....you cant sit there aand say that the refs didnt make some calls for the MAGIC....I like the MAgic and hope they win now but they was some cheating last night

These players are pros they should know how to adjust to the way the game is being called. The Magic played at home last night, in the NBA you and I both know that you get calls at home that you don't get on the road, and I'm sure the cav's got some (calls) at home too. I think Lebron was just beat down and wore out, I don't think he choked, I still think he's the most dominate player in the league, but Danny Ferry, has to get him some help or he will never win a title, and that's my opinion..... I hope the Magic win too!!!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:I understand what your saying, that his team needed him most tonight, but I dont think you can say he choked, he carried this team with an average of 41pts 8ast and 8rbs a game no other player in the history of the NBA has done that in the playoff's, so to say he choked is just crazy. JMO

Fact is LeBron did not show up to play in game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals. You can call it what you like, but fact of the matter is he didn't play like the MVP in game 6. Sure he did show up to play in games 1-5, but while facing elimination of the road, the KING did not show up, therefore he choked/didn't show up to play.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Fact is LeBron did not show up to play in game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals. You can call it what you like, but fact of the matter is he didn't play like the MVP in game 6. Sure he did show up to play in games 1-5, but while facing elimination of the road, the KING did not show up, therefore he choked/didn't show up to play.

Well we can agree to disagree. In this decade, only Tim Duncan, has won the title and was MVP, of the league, 02-03 I think, No other MVP has won the title, and that includes Kobe, 07-08 so there has been a whole lot of choking as you call it this decade, even in L.A.. So if it's choking, then Lebron is not the first to do so, maybe he (Lebron) is just following the example that Kobe and others has set in previous years. I myself do not call it choking, I dont think Kobe, had any help when he was MVP, and the same way with Lebron. So I guess 8 league MVPs have choked/ or didn't show up to play in this decade....
lil dog Wrote:Well we can agree to disagree. In this decade, only Tim Duncan, has won the title and was MVP, of the league, 02-03 I think, No other MVP has won the title, and that includes Kobe, 07-08 so there has been a whole lot of choking as you call it this decade, even in L.A.. So if it's choking, then Lebron is not the first to do so, maybe he (Lebron) is just following the example that Kobe and others has set in previous years. I myself do not call it choking, I dont think Kobe, had any help when he was MVP, and the same way with Lebron. So I guess 8 league MVPs have choked/ or didn't show up to play in this decade....

I see where your going, but thats not it at all. I'm talking about the MVP showing up in an elimination game, not whether his team would have went to the Finals or not. Trust me, I would not be having this discussion with you if LeBron scored 40 points, had 5+ rebounds, and 5+ assists in a losing effort. LeBron did not show up to play. His game 6 stats (25 pts, 7 rebs, 7 assts) would have been nice during the regular season, but not the playoffs while facing elimination.
Magic completely outplayed the Cav's. I posted many times, the Cav's supporting players provided no more assistance to Lebron than those who paid for their seats, both just sat back and watched Lebron play.....
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I see where your going, but thats not it at all. I'm talking about the MVP showing up in an elimination game, not whether his team would have went to the Finals or not. Trust me, I would not be having this discussion with you if LeBron scored 40 points, had 5+ rebounds, and 5+ assists in a losing effort. LeBron did not show up to play. His game 6 stats (25 pts, 7 rebs, 7 assts) would have been nice during the regular season, but not the playoffs while facing elimination.

I can agree to disagree, I will never think he choked, I just wont lol. Here is what I think, I think he was just beat down and wore out, he has packed that team of nobody's all season long!! I cant think of another mvp that has had to average 38 or 40pt a game just to keep advancing, up till game 6 he had averaged 41pts, 8rbs, and 8ast, a game, nobody in the history of the NBA, had done this, he just couldn't keep doing it all, I know what you are getting at, and if he had a legit big man, and a good role player, I might agree with you, but with the team that is around him I cant and wont say he choked...
We could argue all day long about this and I'm sure neither one of us will not change our minds. So I have enjoyed it, and I respect you and your opinion, I'm sure we will argue again at a latter date,and I'm gone.:Thumbs: