Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2010 Joe. B. Hall Kentucky Preps Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following teams will be participating in the Joe. B Hall Kentucky Preps Classic @ Montgomery County this coming season:

Knott Central vs. Tates Creek
Holmes vs. Christian County
Covington Catholic vs. Montgomery County

Thoughts?
North Hardin v Franklin Co is also apart of this.
i would like to see Estill Co. play in this tournament
Strikeout King Wrote:i would like to see Estill Co. play in this tournament

It's not a tournament...it's a one game classic. I believe it's to raise money for a charity?
kywldcat01 Wrote:It's not a tournament...it's a one game classic. I believe it's to raise money for a charity?

oic, my bad. i still would like to see Estill Co. play in it
kywldcat01 Wrote:North Hardin v Franklin Co is also apart of this.

Is that all the games? 8 teams, 4 games? Seems like there use to be more teams/games a few years back. Just curious?? This has always been a great showcase of talent and good teams here in Kentucky. This is the event that use to be in Frankfort, right? How long has it been in Montgomery Co.? Thanks!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Is that all the games? 8 teams, 4 games? Seems like there use to be more teams/games a few years back. Just curious?? This has always been a great showcase of talent and good teams here in Kentucky. This is the event that use to be in Frankfort, right? How long has it been in Montgomery Co.? Thanks!

The Joe B. Hall Classic just began last year at Montgomery County.

Last year there were only 6 teams. (Manual, Montgomery county, Madison Central, J'Town, Elliott County, and Anderson County.)

It seems as though it's expanding each year to more teams. Not sure if it's the same event that used to be held in Frankfort or not.
kywldcat01 Wrote:The Joe B. Hall Classic just began last year at Montgomery County.

Last year there were only 6 teams. (Manual, Montgomery county, Madison Central, J'Town, Elliott County, and Anderson County.)

It seems as though it's expanding each year to more teams. Not sure if it's the same event that used to be held in Frankfort or not.
South Laurel was there weren't they? I think I remember seeing them there. If I'm not mistaken the Prep Classic didn't just start last year either.

Edit to add:
Quote:One of the top one-day events in the state again this year will be the 17th annual Kentucky Prep Classic, which will be held Jan. 10 at Montgomery County.

The four-game slate feature some of the best talent in the state.

The opening game pits Jeffersontown and top junior Aaron Cosby against Madison Central at 4 o'clock. J'town is slated to be one of the top five teams in the preseason, while Madison Central is one of the top teams from the tough 11th Region.

Anderson County and top senior C.J. Penny will meet 16th Region power Elliott County at 5:45 p.m. Elliott County is led by Evan and Ethan Faulkner and Jonathan Ferguson.

Madisonville and UK commitment Jon Hood (left) will meet South Laurel at 7:30 p.m., while Montgomery County takes on Manual and top senior Jacob Jenkins (right) in the 9 o'clock night cap.
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dem...assic.html
Thanks TheRealVille!! I thought that was the tournament that had been around for years, cause I know I played in a Prep Classic in Frankfort in 1995-96 season! Just didn't know it was moved to Montgomery Co.
kywldcat01 Wrote:It's not a tournament...it's a one game classic. I believe it's to raise money for a charity?

Money maker for Ira Combs I believe.
TheRealVille Wrote:South Laurel was there weren't they? I think I remember seeing them there. If I'm not mistaken the Prep Classic didn't just start last year either.

Edit to add:
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/dem...assic.html

I believe SL played Warren Central.

And I was referring to the classic being called the "Joe B. Hall Kentucky Prep Classic" and being held at Montgomery Co as a first last year.