Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence Co. 10 - Allen Central 0 (5 innings)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. LC will play Pikeville.
Banks gets the win as LC beats AC to move on in the 15 Region Tourney.

I think he only allowed 2 hits and 3 base runners. Also struck out 8 batters.
Congrats LC
Congrats LC
Congrats LC. I thought AC would give them a little better game than this though.
Congrats LC.
Congrats Lawrence!
Congrats LC
Congrats LC
Congrats Lawrence County
Did anyone see the call made in this game, when ac SS caught a line drive that clearly did not bounce and then throws it to first to double up the runner and 1st baseman tags that runner and then looks at the umpires who havent motioned nothing and after all that is done one ump hollers to the other "is that a catch" and that ump replies "NO" and then the runner who was pretty much in the dugout runs back out and tries to get to first and then 1st baseman steps on 1st to get one out and the runner who the 1st baseman had already tagged takes off and is called safe at second, i believe that before anything happened the ump should have signaled if it was a catch or not . After that is when LC went on a scoring spree. But anyways Congrats LC!
Bobcatfaithful Wrote:Did anyone see the call made in this game, when ac SS caught a line drive that clearly did not bounce and then throws it to first to double up the runner and 1st baseman tags that runner and then looks at the umpires who havent motioned nothing and after all that is done one ump hollers to the other "is that a catch" and that ump replies "NO" and then the runner who was pretty much in the dugout runs back out and tries to get to first and then 1st baseman steps on 1st to get one out and the runner who the 1st baseman had already tagged takes off and is called safe at second, i believe that before anything happened the ump should have signaled if it was a catch or not . After that is when LC went on a scoring spree. But anyways Congrats LC!

You are right. AC SS caught the ball for the first out, and made the throw back to first to get the second out. Even if the SS had not made a clean catch, the 1st basemen would have made both outs. Either way- that double play was screwed up and it wasn't by the SS or 1st basemen. I think defensively- AC came unglued the rest of the way and the game pretty much got out of reach after that.

Keep your heads up Rebels. I hated to see AC's only Senior Josh Prater end his high school sports career last night. Thank you to Josh and his family for all the time and effort they have put in to athletics at Allen Central. It's been a pleasure to watch you represent the Rebels. Good Luck in whatever the future holds for you!!