Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central Transfers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hope the KHSAA reads this forum and investigates all the "job openings" in Whitesburg.Whitaker really wants to impress don't he??I hope they all have to sit out a year.
rat
nothing is going wrong, are you saying because a kid moved to so happen to be the same place his old coach is total coincidence
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I hope the KHSAA reads this forum and investigates all the "job openings" in Whitesburg.Whitaker really wants to impress don't he??I hope they all have to sit out a year.

You wanna cry a little bit more?
I havent heard of anyone going to LCC because of the coach. Please enlighten me.
Rose;Huff;and maybe Hardy?
Protect_This_House26 Wrote:You wanna cry a little bit more?

No crying.Just stating a fact.The KHSAA needs to watch this stuff instead of worrying about 7on7 and such.It's hurting YOUR program.Without Rose and Hardy you guys may not win a game.
Im not sure Huff leaving will be the straw that broke the cambells back for Breahitt.
so breathitt county players left to play at lcc? or what
UCFB Wrote:so breathitt county players left to play at lcc? or what

Powell County Players
Coach Whitaker has nothing to do with that. Jesse's dad has to move due to his job. This thread needs to be closed.
What line of work does dad do? Coal mining? Lumber? Teaching? I'm not judging, just curious.
I am with you P.C.
Is it possible that folks are here on both sides of the allegation are jumping to conclusions too quickly?

Is it "suspicious" that kids transfer to follow a coach? Yes perhaps it is. But being suspicious doesn't necessarily mean a conclusion of illegal activity. I'm confident that KHSAA will look into the issue when the kid applies for an exemption or waiver to the one year sit out rule (if it's applicable) and will attempt to determine if anything improper was done. Until then, I think both groups should sit back and wait, and not make conclusions. Just my 2 cents.

And for the record, if I was "King for the Day" I'd make it totally legal to transfer with the specific intent of following a coach or to transfer for any other reason the kid wants to transfer. But alas, I am not the King.
charlie22 Wrote:Is it possible that folks are here on both sides of the allegation are jumping to conclusions too quickly?

Is it "suspicious" that kids transfer to follow a coach? Yes perhaps it is. But being suspicious doesn't necessarily mean a conclusion of illegal activity. I'm confident that KHSAA will look into the issue when the kid applies for an exemption or waiver to the one year sit out rule (if it's applicable) and will attempt to determine if anything improper was done. Until then, I think both groups should sit back and wait, and not make conclusions. Just my 2 cents.

And for the record, if I was "King for the Day" I'd make it totally legal to transfer with the specific intent of following a coach or to transfer for any other reason the kid wants to transfer. But alas, I am not the King.

Absolutely agree. I think a kid should be able to play wherever he wants. If a coach wants a kid to come play at at certain school and can maximize that child's potential what's the problem? The only problem that could come up would be paying someone or buying them something to come. If they come on there own free will just because they want to play for a team that's going to win and be a part of that team, I don't evn think they should have to sit out. But I'm not king either.
I vote for the KHSAA to give student athletes 4 years of eligibility and after those 4 years you're done. I don't care, pick4 high schools in 4 different years, pick 2 high schools in 4 years or stay in the same school all 4 years, but you have 4 years no matter what.....
I agree 100%!
Why should it matter if a kid wants to follow a coach, didnt some of UK's incoming freshmen follow Coach Cal?
Like I said, as long as they do it legally I am in favor.
For those posters that agree with me, if you know any of the KHSAA Board of Control members, let them know your feelings. I believe the Board of Control members can be found on the KHSAA's site.
charlie22 Wrote:For those posters that agree with me, if you know any of the KHSAA Board of Control members, let them know your feelings. I believe the Board of Control members can be found on the KHSAA's site.

The rules are fine if they would enforce them...that is the only problem I have. Your way the most money and perks would recruit all the athletes. The only competition would come from the recruiting wars.
Whitesburg has solved all the unemployment problems with the new jobs springing up......how do you do it? While most are cutting you guys have the jobs. Or due you have to have kids in sports to apply?:dontthink
Ozz Jackson is on the board of control.
Let it bleed out and die already. LCC is on the rise and lets just go with it. They likely have the best coaching staff in the state now. I am not gonna hate on no program.
Now first off you have to get elgible to play first ,enroll in the school,and if its what the kids want and i do know Mike is a Great Coach and is pass friendly with the ball and has many kids in college today,so whats the down size of wanting to play for this program its all up at the TOP way i see it New stadium,Turf,lots kids and playing in 5 A lots good points to look at and Mike Whitaker is a super Coach....Breathitt Co. maybe loosing Huff but i really dont think he will be there playing football the coach and him are kin,so he wants be there and not play football winning A State Championship means nutting to him so whats wrong with him going and loosing his senior year,just to watch,not one thang,suppose he played at Breathitt Co. will he be catching the ball,i doubt it i think this years team will be a run offense with very little passing (not many people like to come out and watch a running team,kinda got us sick watching it last year at the Breathitt Co. Field)as was last years but its not about one kid its about playing for a State Championship and all playing to WIN...I am sure Powell Co. loosing their two kids will hurt way more than Breathitt Co.Loosing Huff,its a shame more isnt put into seeing where these kids are going,i blame the parents as much as anyone,they set the standards and it looks like team means nothing...Good Luck to all thats leaving for the reason of playing football not because of wanting to LOOSE...
I like that. Good Post!
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:No crying.Just stating a fact.The KHSAA needs to watch this stuff instead of worrying about 7on7 and such.It's hurting YOUR program.Without Rose and Hardy you guys may not win a game.
Easy there Coach. We will win.
If you are talking about Breathitt then I know for a fact they have nothing to worry about. There coach will get them into shape.
:rules:
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:I hope the KHSAA reads this forum and investigates all the "job openings" in Whitesburg.Whitaker really wants to impress don't he??I hope they all have to sit out a year.

:baby: BIG ONE AT THAT :lmao:
I agree!
Pages: 1 2