Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville Lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anybody been there yet this year..if so how did you do and what did you catch them on....
theVILLE Wrote:anybody been there yet this year..if so how did you do and what did you catch them on....

What are you doing all the way over here in eastern kentucky :blabbermo
devilhorns05 Wrote:What are you doing all the way over here in eastern kentucky :blabbermo

thats were a live
Paintsville Lake has been hotter than I've seen in years past. There have been lots of 5lb + fish caught this year. Up untill this year if you were to bring in 1 keeper during a tournament, you had a shot at winning. Thats not the case this year. Every tournament you gonna need at least 8lbs to get a check. Paintsville Lake is making a statement this year.

Make sure to check out Tackle Werks. Your one stop shop for all your fishing needs. Located inside the Storm Hollow Flea Market on US 23 across from the new weigh station at the Johnson/Floyd County lines. Open Mon-Sat 9am-5pm
theVILLE Wrote:thats were a live

my mistake ville :igiveup:
I havent went thier this year..but i didnt catch to much thier last year
I went friday and torched bass and bluegill....we caught over 150 bluegill and they were nearly all big enough to keep...we kept 107 of them that is how many I cleaned....We also caught about 25 bass and 2 were in the slot one 14 and one 15 inch...the rest were about 10-12 inches...and we turned all those back...
you had a good day!
the lake is very clean and the fish is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I have been 3 times in the last week it is slowing down some...Fish real slow and you may have some luck...
I was just introduced to a new hot spot that I never knew was even there. I'm not telling anyone where, haha!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I was just introduced to a new hot spot that I never knew was even there. I'm not telling anyone where, haha!

I bet you go down to the main end of the lake?
MisterPerfect Wrote:I bet you go down to the main end of the lake?

Wrong! :biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Wrong! :biggrin:

Are you sure now?
MisterPerfect Wrote:Are you sure now?

I am sure.

You can take this to a pm if you like, but I still won't tell. :biggrin:
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I am sure.

You can take this to a pm if you like, but I still won't tell. :biggrin:

Will do.
I use to do real good down at the Jellico end of the lake, I haven't fished Paintsville Lake in years though.
I did not to well this weekend!!
The Private Wrote:I did not to well this weekend!!

I dont fish on holiday weekends if I can help it....Was there even enogh water to put the boat in....the jet skis and pontoons probably knocked it dry...lol....go in about a week or two and let me know...I leave about 1 hr from the lake and I go about 3-4 imes a week lately compared to once or twice a year last year....that should be enough to say it is a good lake....
theVILLE Wrote:I dont fish on holiday weekends if I can help it....Was there even enogh water to put the boat in....the jet skis and pontoons probably knocked it dry...lol....go in about a week or two and let me know...I leave about 1 hr from the lake and I go about 3-4 imes a week lately compared to once or twice a year last year....that should be enough to say it is a good lake....
Do you travel north or south to get here? I ask because Yatesville used to be a better lake for fishing and is just about 45 minutes farther north. I rode the bike to the marina last weekend and I don't know how long it would take to drop a boat though, it was packed at the ramp.
TheRealVille Wrote:Do you travel north or south to get here? I ask because Yatesville used to be a better lake for fishing and is just about 45 minutes farther north. I rode the bike to the marina last weekend and I don't know how long it would take to drop a boat though, it was packed at the ramp.

Well once you get off the main lake there is not many boats that play and stuff if you are looking for fishing...I come from the Hindman area and Martin area to get to the lake....however I love yatesville it was a good lake but I would rather go to pville now....and it isnt a 45 minute drive from yatesville to paintsville it is only about 30 if that....driving 65 though...
theVILLE Wrote:Well once you get off the main lake there is not many boats that play and stuff if you are looking for fishing...I come from the Hindman area and Martin area to get to the lake....however I love yatesville it was a good lake but I would rather go to pville now....and it isnt a 45 minute drive from yatesville to paintsville it is only about 30 if that....driving 65 though...
I used to go fish at the Magoffin end of the Paintsville lake, around the Jellico area, and i did pretty good. Yea, I just guessed at 45 minute because it takes me 30 from downtown Paintsville to the crossroads on 23 at louisa. It is about another 10 minutes to the main lake ramp from 23.