Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LeBron James OR Michael Jordan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which do you prefer?
it's a common argument, but still one I think we can't really talk about legibly for about 15 more years.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:it's a common argument, but still one I think we can't really talk about legibly for about 15 more years.

True. But, do you think that Lebron is better than Michael was at Lebron's age?
Really? Jordan no doubt.

Kobe Bryant has a much better argument than LeBron.
Here are MJ's and LB23's statisics through their first 6 seasons.

Michael Jordan---------LeBron James
PPG- 31.5-------------------27.5
RPG- 6.0--------------------7.0
APG- 5.6--------------------6.7
SPG- 2.7--------------------1.8
TO- 3.1----------------------3.3
Personally, I think no one is even in the same conversation as Jordan. Yes, not even the "great" Kobe Bryant. LeBron will be the only one that will probably have an argument, but until he wins a few championships, there is no question. LeBron in my opinion will go down in history as being the best "complete" player in NBA history, but Jordan will still always be considered number one. I think LeBron is better to build a team around because he has proved he can turn a team full of nobody's (for the most part) into the best team in the NBA, Jordan needed Pippen and Grant (then Rodman) to win championships. Both are unbelievable and they will be the top 2 players ever.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:it's a common argument, but still one I think we can't really talk about legibly for about 15 more years.

I agree, IMO Jordan is the best to ever play the game, we will just have to see when Lebron retires, but right now Jordan is the best to have ever played, without a doubt!!!!!!!!!!
Lebron is a great player. Right now if i had to choose. It would be Jordan. But 5 years from now. It will probably be lebron
Well right now you can say Jordan is above him but by the end of Lebrons career he will be considered the Greatest Of All Time
i dont believe you could choose this two different era's is b-ball and you have to give bron some time but right now he looks as if he can hang. i mean the guy can go up and over anybody with power.
Right now Jordan, but like everyone is saying, 15 years from now Lebron will go down as the greatest.
I'm sorry, but at this stage there is no comparison. Michael Jordan DOMINATED the game like no Non-Center has ever done. Lebron is going to be great, and maybe even surpass MJ, but at this stage of Bron's career, un-uh!
Stardust Wrote:I'm sorry, but at this stage there is no comparison. Michael Jordan DOMINATED the game like no Non-Center has ever done. Lebron is going to be great, and maybe even surpass MJ, but at this stage of Bron's career, un-uh!

:Thumbs: Agree, nice post.
How do you know if in 10 or 15 years Lebron will be the best? He could keep going how he is and never when a championship. I would take MJ anyday. You got to keep in mind Michael didnt play all of his years straight.. He could have possibly one two more rings.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Really? Jordan no doubt.

Wow, it is Memorial day weekend...did you have one to many or something...lol....just joking I dont see theat though
Saints52 Wrote:How do you know if in 10 or 15 years Lebron will be the best? He could keep going how he is and never when a championship. I would take MJ anyday. You got to keep in mind Michael didnt play all of his years straight.. He could have possibly one two more rings.

Well put Pippen, Rodman, Longley, Harper and lebrons team
Michael was and always will be the best player ever. Hopefully people will get off their knees whenever they see Lebron and realize that.
Micheal Jordan. He know how to get the best out of the players around him every night.... No one can stop Jordan, but James. Last year playoffs, show you that he can be stop....
Last year in the playoffs, he had no help and still almost beat the eventual champions. If he would have had a little help from anyone, they would have beaten the celtics. He had 45 points in that game. When he scores 45 points it doesn't seem like he can be stopped. Not a very good argument there.
Jordan
MJ by far as of now. Ask me again in 5-10 years.
This is not even a discussion,MJ hands down.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Last year in the playoffs, he had no help and still almost beat the eventual champions. If he would have had a little help from anyone, they would have beaten the celtics. He had 45 points in that game. When he scores 45 points it doesn't seem like he can be stopped. Not a very good argument there.

all 3 teams in the east took the celtics to game 7, not a very good response, in the orlando series if lebron scores 40+ the lose Smile
LeBron has to get a better supporting cast alone with a championship before he is even is the same sentence.
cougarpride08 Wrote:LeBron has to get a better supporting cast alone with a championship before he is even is the same sentence.

Dead On!

Michael Jordan was a great scorer (just like Lebron), but was a disappointment in the playoffs until he had Craig Hodges, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Bill Cartright. The supporting cast changed over the years, but it was always the supporting cast that made Michael the GREAT player that was measured by his 6 championships
Stardust Wrote:Dead On!

Michael Jordan was a great scorer (just like Lebron), but was a disappointment in the playoffs until he had Craig Hodges, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Bill Cartright. The supporting cast changed over the years, but it was always the supporting cast that made Michael the GREAT player that was measured by his 6 championships

Great post. But,most of these players went somewhere else and did nothing. Jordan also made them better. If Pippen had played somewhere else would he have been counted among the top 50 NBA players??? No.
Plus, Jordans' first couple of years was mostly dunk fest. (Great Great dunk fest). He stepped up his game, got a good supporting cast, then started collecting rings. If Jordan hadn't developed into the complete player that he was, no rings no matter who's on his team. He was a great scorer but, he also was on all defensive teams too. LeBron is great but, he ain't no Jordan yet. When he gets a few rings then we'll talk. He may have to go some place else to get them.
My favorite Jordan moment was when he was shooting a free throw and looked over at Mutumbo (not sure about the spelling) and said he would shoot this one with his eyes closed. Made it.
This is a good thread.TongueirateSho
theVILLE Wrote:Well put Pippen, Rodman, Longley, Harper and lebrons team

Out of all the players he played with you thought of luc longley what a memory you have. I hated it when he played, I kept saying, please don't give it to luc, please don't give it to luc. :please: There were many reasons Jordan won, luc longley wasn't one of them. He did have many good role players, but how good would they have been if everyone on the other team wasn't looking for Jordan??? He was always double teamed giving other players their chance to shine. Sorry theville, had to say something about the Longley thing. OK, back to the thread. I pick Jordan. duh????:worthy:
Michael Jordan will always be The One and Only.:Cheerlead
Is this a serious question? Lebron James in nothing, no championship rings and doubtful that he will even win any when Michael Jordan has 6. This is common sense, Jordan without question.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Really? Jordan no doubt.

I completely agree with you, yet again. lol. MJ is way better then Lebron. And I hope there isnt anyone who would seriously take Lebron over Jordan. If they do, its simply for the sake of arguing. No one can be ignorant enough to believe that. And Kobe does have a much better comparison.
Pages: 1 2