Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 UK Roster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
winner Wrote:PG John Wall
SG Jodie Meeks
SF Darius Miller/Darnell Dodson
PF Patrick Patterson
C Demarcus Cousins/Daniel Orton

i would love to see meeks return as much as anyone else but UK will win with or without him

I dont know for sure of you are talking about winning the national chamionship or a SEC championship....Not sure here....there is a difference
theVILLE Wrote:I dont know for sure of you are talking about winning the national chamionship or a SEC championship....Not sure here....there is a difference

I personally think that they will be horrible and lose more game than last season....this teaam will need a year to mature....I look for VMI do beat them again
BullDogs09 Wrote:I personally think that they will be horrible and lose more game than last season....this teaam will need a year to mature....I look for VMI do beat them again

You had a good party over memorial day weekend didnt you....I agree they need to have a year to mature...but VMI again...i doubt Coach Cal even playing them
theVILLE Wrote:You had a good party over memorial day weekend didnt you....I agree they need to have a year to mature...but VMI again...i doubt Coach Cal even playing them

Its a good thing they dont play them then
BullDogs09 Wrote:Its a good thing they dont play them then

I fell odd taking up for UK but you are an idiot than if you think that....lol...just joking...everyone has the right for there own opinon...wheter it is right or wrong
BullDogs09 Wrote:I personally think that they will be horrible and lose more game than last season....this teaam will need a year to mature....I look for VMI do beat them again

:eek:

You've got to be kidding...
poor guy let him think he's going to go to the NCAA championship this when they didn't even make it out of the first round with the same guys but oh well i guess he is excited and i dont blame him i mean we didn't even make it to the tourney and his big guys are apparently better than all of our's.
The question of who will even be on the roster remains... If Meeks comes back and everyone qualifies academically, UK will be 2 over the scholarship limit.

There are still several possibilities for how UK gets down to 13:

- Meeks could stay in the draft (not likely)
- one of the incoming freshmen may not qualify academically (hope not)
- a returning player may not make the grades (as has been rumored with Liggins)
- a returning player may leave or be asked to leave (IMO, most likely candidates would be Harrelson, Liggins, Galloway)

Notice that I did mention Galloway as a possibility. I know, he is a senior, and I guess Calipari said all seniors are safe, but would that apply to Galloway? I mean, he isn't your typical senior who has stuck it out for 3 years and deserves the chance to stay, like Stevenson or Harris. Galloway was a juco transfer who has only played one year for the Big Blue, so I gotta think he might at least be a candidate.

It's possible, though not likely, that Galloway might even leave on his own. With both Wall and Bledsoe coming in, he won't get much playing time. At the very least, I can't see all three of them plus Liggins all still on the roster next year. If Wall and Bledsoe both qualify, either Galloway or Liggins is out.

As far as Galloway, he probably won't want to leave, since he will be a senior and he has already transferred once. But if he aspires to a pro career overseas and wants any playing time, he could decide to go elsewhere.

Not a year, a season. They will be ready come tournament time.
theVILLE Wrote:I fell odd taking up for UK but you are an idiot than if you think that....lol...just joking...everyone has the right for there own opinon...wheter it is right or wrong

I don't know what to say. Good one theville??? man that was hard to write. :Thumbs:
More Cowbell Wrote:The question of who will even be on the roster remains... If Meeks comes back and everyone qualifies academically, UK will be 2 over the scholarship limit.

There are still several possibilities for how UK gets down to 13:

- Meeks could stay in the draft (not likely)
- one of the incoming freshmen may not qualify academically (hope not)
- a returning player may not make the grades (as has been rumored with Liggins)
- a returning player may leave or be asked to leave (IMO, most likely candidates would be Harrelson, Liggins, Galloway)

Notice that I did mention Galloway as a possibility. I know, he is a senior, and I guess Calipari said all seniors are safe, but would that apply to Galloway? I mean, he isn't your typical senior who has stuck it out for 3 years and deserves the chance to stay, like Stevenson or Harris. Galloway was a juco transfer who has only played one year for the Big Blue, so I gotta think he might at least be a candidate.

It's possible, though not likely, that Galloway might even leave on his own. With both Wall and Bledsoe coming in, he won't get much playing time. At the very least, I can't see all three of them plus Liggins all still on the roster next year. If Wall and Bledsoe both qualify, either Galloway or Liggins is out.

As far as Galloway, he probably won't want to leave, since he will be a senior and he has already transferred once. But if he aspires to a pro career overseas and wants any playing time, he could decide to go elsewhere.

Great post.
bigjim4packers Wrote:Not a year, a season. They will be ready come tournament time.

By tourney time they will have to
bigjim4packers Wrote:I don't know what to say. Good one theville??? man that was hard to write. :Thumbs:

Yeah hard for me to take up for UK like that....but I hate MSU
Its great the everyone here and TheVille can agree that Bulldog09 is out of his mind lol
C.Clair Wrote:Its great the everyone here and TheVille can agree that Bulldog09 is out of his mind lol

LOL!!! What ever happend to him he hasnt been back on in a while
Well I will try to stay on topic...I think UK will be deep, and afraid they want be to expierenced but they will be fine by tourney time
Pages: 1 2