Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will be Shelby Valley's next coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any names ????
Hampton? He quit assisting to drive a bus since he was told he could only do one. Coaching would bring in more than driving, so he may throw his name in the discussion.
Mike Roberts

As I said in the other thread I been hearing since last september he was going to be the next HC up there. Ill be real surprised if he isnt named as HC.
Will it be one of these? I have heard a 81 graduate from Dorton is considering moving back home and her husband has been a head coach along with being an assistant for over 16 years with a program which has won a recent state title, runner-up finish and many more district titles.
BBB Wrote:Will it be one of these? I have heard a 81 graduate from Dorton is considering moving back home and her husband has been a head coach along with being an assistant for over 16 years with a program which has won a recent state title, runner-up finish and many more district titles.

Don't tease us, throw the name out there.
here the word from connie ad at valley eric ratiff johnnya david o mike roberts who should be head coach
eric ratilff rough for valley not a good track record hope robrts does most the work we will be ok.:please: not johnny a or david o. family get him the job:lmao:
:please: Hopefully they will consider the best fit for the team.....I hear Mark Palmer would be an excellent choice.:rockon:
Anyone with any insight???
What names are being tossed around? Hampton? B. Branham? Whitaker from Hazard? Anyone know what is taking place?
coaching job is undecided at the moment but i do know that hampton would love for the job and would have alot of help coming with him including Roberts
Unless Greg Newsome decides to coach football again, expect Shelby Valley to hire someone outside the Shelby Valley program....
dont think newsome is applying for it but if osborn gets the job i think he might be helping him and eugean newsome
but as much as i like them 3 men i wouldnt want them as my coach. Hampton has been with me for 6 years i would like for him to get it cause if ne one deserves it its him hes been there waiting for the opportunity longer than ne one
It will be difficult to predict since it most likely will be political and there are a lot of folks wanting their name in the hat playing politics. Funny because some of them are throwing the same political names out as supporters.
My guess for the HC position would either be hampton, palmer, or roberts
My choice is most def. hampton hes been with them team longer than ne one good seasons and bad ones
IMO Hampton is not the overall teams best choice. I agree with what Hail Pikeville said. There was surely alot of efforts made to bring Roberts here for a reason...It may already be a done deal as far as we know. The team is awesome and can/will overcome whomever the admin. choose for them. If they decide to win they will...I have no doubt.
ok i think i would know a lil more than what u do being a player and all the team mostly being my really good friends. HAMPTON is who about 90% of the players on the team want. Hampton is getting 4 grand less by taking the hc job and he still wants it because he loves everyone of us like his own kid. HAMPTON is def the number 1 choice from the team and if he become the coach Roberts already said he would be right there beside him also including derwood ratliff, david ozborn, and dale jerrald. So if hampton gets the job he comes with a combo special And if roberts gets the job hampton is out and maybe a few other come to help now tell me the best choice???
I heard the Shelby Football coaching position was going to be announced
state wide.
IF Hampton has the credentials and the boys have the respect for him to play for him that would be great. So he has said all or nothing in regard to head coach? Roberts has expressed he really wants the job too. Why would Hampton not support him?
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:IF Hampton has the credentials and the boys have the respect for him to play for him that would be great. So he has said all or nothing in regard to head coach? Roberts has expressed he really wants the job too. Why would Hampton not support him?

I have talked to hampton hes applying for the job today i suppose and he really wants the job and if hampton gets the job roberts has already talked to hampton and told me that he would be assistant along with others. If Roberts gets the job hes bringing in 2 others assistants that honestly i dont want coaching. And with Roberts being the one over weight lifting every day and 7 on 7 as of now and hampton being there all this time and doing the weight lifting during school i think them to together would be the best for the job
i say bring back that old virgie combo of daryl burke and john vincent.....lol
The position has posted to the KHSAA site.
The kids do not need to decide who gets the job. Review the choices and make the honest best hire.
I know nothing of Mike Roberts or the Palmer guy that has been mentioned.
I did play underneath David Osborne(if his name is in the hat) and I loved every second of it. Mans the best coach I ever had.
Wheres Tom Searcy when we need him?