Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any predictions on this season for Shelby Valley? Didn't they lose some key players from last years team?:Thumbs:
What is their official schedule?
Good Luck Sv
its up to forest dale now to what kind of season we have:lmao:
Does Forest Dale get to pick the new coach ? This is Pike County.
At least that is what Ancie Casey is saying. FD and the SBDM council. But of course folks are throwing Virgil Osbornes name around too.
You are right. This is Pike County politics. Anything is possible. Let the rumors begin!!!
The board says they do not hire coaches. They blame all hiring on the SBDM.
The SBDM blames it all on the board. That way no one ever gets a straight
answer.
The Claw Wrote:The board says they do not hire coaches. They blame all hiring on the SBDM.
answer.

Good point there, for sure!
Well- we in the community are hearing that Eric Ratliff will be the teams next head coach...don't know how it is related but it is in with the deal where Josh Whitaker is coming to play BBall and his father will be teaching at SV too...
We are hearing this is a Wagner- Virgil Osborne deal....Of course this is rumors and of course the hiring will be done by FD and SBDM...YEAH right...:omg:
I just dont see Ratliff giving up more money and a better job to go coach a sub-par team and get less money.
Why would anyone give up more money to coach a 500 team. If he takes the principal position he is set.
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:Well- we in the community are hearing that Eric Ratliff will be the teams next head coach...don't know how it is related but it is in with the deal where Josh Whitaker is coming to play BBall and his father will be teaching at SV too...
We are hearing this is a Wagner- Virgil Osborne deal....Of course this is rumors and of course the hiring will be done by FD and SBDM...YEAH right...:omg:

I've heard the Whitaker deal is almost done. There may be other recruits coming to Valley as well,if they can come up with enough jobs for the parents. I guess they should re-name their school.
and what is so sad...The Johnson Brothers and many other Community folks spent so much money and time on the awesome football field at Valley and the players this year are fantastic...but if these folks will do this...they are going to knock these boys down every step they take forward.....I am sure after this mess more of the community will be involved to see changes in board members...that is for sure one thing I am hearing....
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:and what is so sad...The Johnson Brothers and many other Community folks spent so much money and time on the awesome football field at Valley and the players this year are fantastic...but if these folks will do this...they are going to knock these boys down every step they take forward.....I am sure after this mess more of the community will be involved to see changes in board members...that is for sure one thing I am hearing....

Well said! They need to hire a they need to hire a good coach that will stay a while. Basketball will take care of itself .
As a parent I hope they consider that Roberts came in and hit the ground running as assistant coach and through all of this he has never said if I am not HC or if so and so is coach I will leave..all of that drama...Instead...he has kept the program going non-stop. The boys are now accustomed to having him around, they respect him and I feel like he will be here to see his kids through High School which is 10- 14 more years...IF the POWERS that BE would for once think of the program and the well being of the team they would consider promoting him as Head Coach and allowing him to recommend assistant coaches that would nurture the needs of the program....I do not know him personally...nor do I remember his playing accomplishments in the past...but giving him credit where credit is due....HE DESERVES THIS POSITION...!!!!!
BUT- from what I have heard for the past three days the POWERS that BE have the plan in place...and it doesn't include consideration for the needs of the program....
From what I am hearing, the new coach will be hired next week.
The Claw Wrote:The board says they do not hire coaches. They blame all hiring on the SBDM.
answer.

Actually, the SBDM and the Principal, recommend to the BOE as to who they would like to have for the position, then the BOE does the hiring. The SBDM nor the Principal have the power to hire anyone.
Just for the record, it is no rumor. I did submit my resume today!
Anyone know who/how many applicants for the head coach position at SV? When they plan to interview/hire? I have noticed it is still posted on KHSAA and was just wondering....
I believe, that about 20 different people have applied for the position. Some from here, some not from here.
Twenty applicants is encouraging, maybe that means they won't hire someone from the past and move in a new direction with new blood. As far as the community getting behind someone local that all depends on if the wins are there. Same situation with an outside hire. If the wins are there and the team improves the community will be behind the new coach. If the team does not improve or slacks the community won't be behind the new coach whether they are local or outside. It's the nature of the beast called high school football fans.
Makes it hard to decide due to passing league coming up. You want a coach there when passing league starts.
SV Assistant Coach Michael Roberts is still on board and has continued conditioning with the players and plans to follow through with the 7 on 7.
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:Anyone know who/how many applicants for the head coach position at SV? When they plan to interview/hire? I have noticed it is still posted on KHSAA and was just wondering....

Sounds to me there is no need to apply,in reading other posts. Roberts is the man,he knows something or he wouldn't be doing all this commited work. He must at least be guaranteed an assistants job,teaching job and perhaps more; other coaching posions etc.
The Claw Wrote:Sounds to me there is no need to apply.

Sounds like 20 people felt otherwise.
Roberts would be a good hire in my opinion.
Has Roberts applied for Head Coach?
Wildcat FB Parent Wrote:As a parent I hope they consider that Roberts came in and hit the ground running as assistant coach and through all of this he has never said if I am not HC or if so and so is coach I will leave..all of that drama...Instead...he has kept the program going non-stop. The boys are now accustomed to having him around, they respect him and I feel like he will be here to see his kids through High School which is 10- 14 more years...IF the POWERS that BE would for once think of the program and the well being of the team they would consider promoting him as Head Coach and allowing him to recommend assistant coaches that would nurture the needs of the program....I do not know him personally...nor do I remember his playing accomplishments in the past...but giving him credit where credit is due....HE DESERVES THIS POSITION...!!!!!

As I have said before sounds like Roberts is already acting as HC(maybe he knows something we don't know. I thought his children went to Pikeville and that he runs the Little league program there. I know some of the younger kids and thats what they say. I also read everyone at Pikeville loved him, then why doesn't he coach there??????
Pages: 1 2