Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What do you think?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are posters on the various high school athletics sites that, in predicting their team's success in the upcoming season, strongly claim that there is no doubt that they will win the state championship. When you read those posts, do you think to yourself: 1. they are nuts to make such bold predictions (and they lose credibility with you); or 2. do you just attribute it to them being great fans blinded by team loyalty?

I'm a Highlands fan (and in the interest of full disclosure, we have plenty of fans that would post that we'd beat LSU if we played them this Friday), but I'm not one that makes posts that unequivocably claim we'll win the upcoming game or the state championship this year. Way too many variables involved with teen age kids to make such absolute claims. Further since I haven't seen what every team in our class has this season, I have no idea of whether some other team has more talent and better coaching than we do and will beat us to win state.

How do you all react when you see some of the more bold predictions that claim their team is the best in their class and will win state or when they claim they have the best running back, the best qb, the best whatever, when you just know that they haven't seen every team and every player in the state?
I take it with a grain of salt. I expect to win & I expect others to think there team will win. It is just blind loyalty.