Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 4 team race in the 14th Region! Rank of teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With only 5 teams having above .500 records, the 14th will come down between these 4 teams.
1. Perry Central 11-0 in region, 19-6 overall
2. Hazard 13-2 region, 18-6 overall
3. Knott Central 13-2 region, 19-3 overall
4. Estill 8-3 region, 17-7 overall

Should be a great tourney and can't wait to see who comes out on top.

The only other team with a winning record in the region is Lee at 11-9 overall and 10-5 in the region. They may be able to upset one of these other 4 and Letcher may come to the tourney ready to play like they are capable of and pull an upset too.

5. Letcher
6. Lee
7. Leslie, when Morgan is on the mound could be dangerous too.
8. Breathitt
Who is the top seed in the 54th?
Hazard/Perry play tonight if it doesn't rain them out for the hundredth time. Perry won the first one, this will decide who is 1st.
LCC could be dangerous. They were in this same situation in 2007, considered the 5th or 6th best team in the region and ended up winning the region. Strange things happen in baseball at tournament time.
I'm impressed with Knott County but I had no doubt they'd succeed in the regular season. The only two games of their's I've had the pleasure of watching were two scrimmages in the preseason...one against Allen Central and the other against Wolfe County. I came away from those games with the impression that those guys would make some noise in the district. I had no idea they'd be as good regionally as they are. Good luck, Patriots.
Hazard beat Perry 10-3 tonight!!!!

HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!!!!
Leslie should be in front of lee county.
bell_co98 Wrote:Leslie should be in front of lee county.

Probably true when Morgan is on the mound, those last 3 or 4 could be in any order, depending who is pitching. Morgan will have to pitch well for Leslie to beat Perry in the district to make the region though.
I think that when Perry County has fresh arms than they are the front runner.....also when they dont leave tons of runners in scoring position like it sounds like they did against Hazard.
Go Dawgs Go !!!!!!!!!!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Probably true when Morgan is on the mound, those last 3 or 4 could be in any order, depending who is pitching. Morgan will have to pitch well for Leslie to beat Perry in the district to make the region though.

agreed but i really do think with morgan on the mound against pcc the eagles hav a good shot at a upset.
bell_co98 Wrote:agreed but i really do think with morgan on the mound against pcc the eagles hav a good shot at a upset.

Morgan didnt beat PCC the last time they played. Perry will not over look them.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:With only 5 teams having above .500 records, the 14th will come down between these 4 teams.
1. Perry Central 11-0 in region, 19-6 overall
2. Hazard 13-2 region, 18-6 overall
3. Knott Central 13-2 region, 19-3 overall
4. Estill 8-3 region, 17-7 overall

Should be a great tourney and can't wait to see who comes out on top.

The only other team with a winning record in the region is Lee at 11-9 overall and 10-5 in the region. They may be able to upset one of these other 4 and Letcher may come to the tourney ready to play like they are capable of and pull an upset too.

5. Letcher
6. Lee
7. Leslie, when Morgan is on the mound could be dangerous too.
8. Breathitt
Not that they have any chance to win the region, because they don't, but Wolfe Co. has a winning record at 12-7 and 8-4 in regional play.