Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A Quick CMT Rant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, for those that may not know, Im laid up because of a terrible mining accident. I have at least another three months before Im evaluated to see if Ill be able to work in the mines again. Anyways, I cant do much of anything. Cant lift anything, cant walk more than 10 feet without falling out, and my knee pops out of place anytime I try to get up. So anyways, back to my rant. I LOVE MUSIC, and since MTV dont play music anymore, and I pretty much dont like anything on VH-1, I turn to CMT, every morning, at around 7. Now, I love country music, but my goodness CMT, WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP PLAYING TAYLOR SWIFT AND CARRIE UNDERWOOD EVERY FREAKIN BLESSED MINUTE?!?!?!?!!? I swear, I dont know if its because I absolutely HATE Taylor Swifts music or what, but theyve played 869 straight Taylor Swift videos. Oh yeah, mix Carrie Underwood and Rascall Flatts every now and then, and you have a full CMT day. I get so tired of her monotone voice though. AARRRRGGGHHHH!!:HitWall:
Heard that!! I miss the old CMT days when the music was better and they played a variety of artists. It's just not the same anymore! GAC is kinda better but not as much.
AMEN!! So very true..On the radio stations also!
I agree and I hate it.
i hate taylor swift more then you know
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Okay, for those that may not know, Im laid up because of a terrible mining accident. I have at least another three months before Im evaluated to see if Ill be able to work in the mines again. Anyways, I cant do much of anything. Cant lift anything, cant walk more than 10 feet without falling out, and my knee pops out of place anytime I try to get up. So anyways, back to my rant. I LOVE MUSIC, and since MTV dont play music anymore, and I pretty much dont like anything on VH-1, I turn to CMT, every morning, at around 7. Now, I love country music, but my goodness CMT, WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP PLAYING TAYLOR SWIFT AND CARRIE UNDERWOOD EVERY FREAKIN BLESSED MINUTE?!?!?!?!!? I swear, I dont know if its because I absolutely HATE Taylor Swifts music or what, but theyve played 869 straight Taylor Swift videos. Oh yeah, mix Carrie Underwood and Rascall Flatts every now and then, and you have a full CMT day. I get so tired of her monotone voice though. AARRRRGGGHHHH!!:HitWall:
I can understand the Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts rant, but please, don't take it out on Carrie. I could watch her every minute of every day.

Okay, continue with your rant. :biggrin:
Oh I could watch her all day too, but put some good music behind it, lol..
BCF4L Wrote:I can understand the Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts rant, but please, don't take it out on Carrie. I could watch her every minute of every day.

Okay, continue with your rant. :biggrin:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Oh I could watch her all day too, but put some good music behind it, lol..
You listen to the music? See, there's your problem. The mute button is extremely effective in these situations. Besides, who needs sound while watching Carrie anyways? :blabbermo
Hey it all gets old real fast when you cant do anything but set. I'm also a coal miner have been for 18 years .I have been hurt 3 times, but not to the extent that it sounds like you are. Man I hope you recover and are able to go back to work. Keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!!!!!