Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: It's all about the......politics!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With recent questionable (to say the least) coaching changes @ KCC, LCC, even Jenkins girl's coach, doesn't it seem evident to everyone that it is no longer "about the kids", its about the powers-that-be getting what they want. Nobody cares if the kids learn or are successful unless its their person doing it and if its not their person doing it then do whatever you can, be as dirty as you can in order to get your guy in charge. Its not about kids, its about politics. Who agrees?
Agreed. But it needs to happens in some cases.
Seems to me its been like that in many places for many many years now. I guess some things will never change!! Yes, I agree, it only hurts the kids!!
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:Seems to me its been like that in many places for many many years now. I guess some things will never change!! Yes, I agree, it only hurts the kids!!

Agreed.
Dont forget Pike Central
umm it always been that way in everything
Who started this thread Captain Obvious?

Of course, it's about politics....has been for years and will be til the sun doesn't shine anymore.

We all hate it, but that's the name of the game
#1ukfan Wrote:With recent questionable (to say the least) coaching changes @ KCC, LCC, even Jenkins girl's coach, doesn't it seem evident to everyone that it is no longer "about the kids", its about the powers-that-be getting what they want. Nobody cares if the kids learn or are successful unless its their person doing it and if its not their person doing it then do whatever you can, be as dirty as you can in order to get your guy in charge. Its not about kids, its about politics. Who agrees?

I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately and fortunately this is usually the case.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Who started this thread Captain Obvious?

Of course, it's about politics....has been for years and will be til the sun doesn't shine anymore.

We all hate it, but that's the name of the game

Nope it wasn't me:biggrin:
#1ukfan Wrote:With recent questionable (to say the least) coaching changes @ KCC, LCC, even Jenkins girl's coach, doesn't it seem evident to everyone that it is no longer "about the kids", its about the powers-that-be getting what they want. Nobody cares if the kids learn or are successful unless its their person doing it and if its not their person doing it then do whatever you can, be as dirty as you can in order to get your guy in charge. Its not about kids, its about politics. Who agrees?

Since it's obvious that you are a UK and KCC fan. You must be talking about the Knott situation. The kids are only sufferring. Maybe they will overcome this obstacle and pull together as a team to win next year. From what I understand the team is somewhat divided right now. Get your head up #1UKfan and your Pats and even LCC.
I think the recent vote on the assigning secretary in the 15th is as ridiculous as it comes.
Politics hurt the kids.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Politics hurt the kids.

agreed 100%. pike central cant keep a coach anymore for more then 4 seasons. It takes time to build a program.
As will come out in the open in a few days, it's not just the people at the top that cause a school and players problems. And it's not always politics.

You hit the nail on the head buddy! that is why Knott doesn't have a coach. there were quality coaches but that didn't work. When all is said and done BB King with no head coaching experience will take over the reigns of the Pats. Question- How will ALL the players and COMMUNITY react to that. Whisperings aren't positive.
Politics. I've heard that for 40 years, OLD Argument and an easy one for those who don't like the changes made, yet did nothing to influence any of the changes and let the school administrations dictate! Then when the schools dictate the change, those who did not speak up of make recommendations, or ask for a review, start crying politics. Instead of crying politics, become active and get involved in the decisions made. YOU have that RIGHT!
mullinstiger55 Wrote:agreed 100%. pike central cant keep a coach anymore for more then 4 seasons. It takes time to build a program.

exactly how many coaches have coached basketball at PC?
Its all about politics. Ill use Breathitt as example, a couple year back we had a coach by the name of Banks, the reason he got the job was becuase he and the super were good friends.

Jenkins? What's with that? politics, who is there for politics?
Stardust Wrote:Politics. I've heard that for 40 years, OLD Argument and an easy one for those who don't like the changes made, yet did nothing to influence any of the changes and let the school administrations dictate! Then when the schools dictate the change, those who did not speak up of make recommendations, or ask for a review, start crying politics. Instead of crying politics, become active and get involved in the decisions made. YOU have that RIGHT!

:Thumbs:
The politics in school reminds me of the fans at UK. Very impatient and not willing to give things time. If it wasn't for coach cal coming, I think we would still be this way.