Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mr Football in each class!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you guys think. Is there any states that has Mr Football in each class?
Also should they have a award for best player in the class?
good ideaWink
dont think they do
cougarpride08 Wrote:Also should they have a award for best player in the class?

I think they should.
It might be nice to name a "player of the year" in each class and then also name Mr. Football from the entire state.
anyone on the board of control reading this needs to sit down and talk about it.

Why not ? I think this would be great.

Don't think so. But i agree, they should.
Tennessee has a Mr. Football award for each class. I think it is fine the way it is. The state's best overall player gets the award. If they had it for each class you would probably see Micah Johnson's and Brian Brohm's of the state transfer to a smaller school when they are up against a guy like Eric Shelton or Michael Bush their senior year to get the award because they are in the same class and know they won't win it unless they change schools.. The KHSAA has messed a lot of other stuff up by changing the way things are being run, this is one they should leave alone.
I think they should. Best player in each class, then the best overall player.
Here's a trophy for you, and you, and you, and you, and you... opps can't forget you. Another one over here.

With the economy in the shape it is in, at least trophy makers are still profiting. :1:
I think that a "player of the year "for each class, and the "Mr. football "for the best in state would be grea,t I think it would give more overall exposure for football in this state
DALE Wrote:Tennessee has a Mr. Football award for each class. I think it is fine the way it is. The state's best overall player gets the award. If they had it for each class you would probably see Micah Johnson's and Brian Brohm's of the state transfer to a smaller school when they are up against a guy like Eric Shelton or Michael Bush their senior year to get the award because they are in the same class and know they won't win it unless they change schools.. The KHSAA has messed a lot of other stuff up by changing the way things are being run, this is one they should leave alone.

Micah Johnson played at 2A Fort Campbell with could be thrown in the small school catogory as well. I don't think its any different than having 6 classes its gives the player from a small school a chance for the award. NOBODY is going to transfer from Trinty, Male, or X to play at a small school just to have a chance to win Class A Mr. Football. The college exposure you get playing at those schools will outweight the award imo
Ok, who would win these awards for next year if we did have a mr football for each class, and who would win the overall?
>Player of the year for each class.
>Mr Football for over all sounds good too..
We need to get this done. Wish we could say "All those in favor" YEAH!
POY for each class>
MR FOOTBALL OVERALL

1A-RB Domonique Hayden-LCA

2A-QB Antonio Andrews--Ft.Campbell

3A-RB Channing Fugate--Breathitt Co.

4A-RB Tyrell Willis--Calloway Co.

5A-RB Miles Simpson--Simon Kenton

6A-QB DeMarcus Smith--Seneca(if only seniors, then it will be Jerimiah Neal of X)
----------------------------------------------

Mr Football

KY-LB Tim Patterson--Central
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Micah Johnson played at 2A Fort Campbell with could be thrown in the small school catogory as well. I don't think its any different than having 6 classes its gives the player from a small school a chance for the award. NOBODY is going to transfer from Trinty, Male, or X to play at a small school just to have a chance to win Class A Mr. Football. The college exposure you get playing at those schools will outweight the award imo

You would be suprised at what some parents would do to give their child the chance to win an award like that thinking they would get a ride to a Major D-1 school. Why would a senior player, at St. X, stay as a 2nd string player behind a runner like Finch if their or their parents hopes are winning an award like that. They would simply go to weaker competition to shine. You can't get noticed if you never see the field. That kid goes to a school like Beechwood or NewCath, gets the starting spot and out of nowhere is a star over night. If you had it in each class they would weigh the options where he had the best chance to win the award and take it from there. Some people are just that crazy and I know this is an extreme example but it wouldn't suprise me a bit if it happend in today's world. Like you said, being a former resident of Louisville myself, nothing gets more attention from college coaches or the towns people than playing in front of 28K at Papa John's for the Trinity vs. St. X game, or playing at a large school like that with the tradition if you are one of the fortunate 22 that get to play. The rest either go to a small school and play or just take the student route. It all depends on their own personal priorities. Player of the Year in each class I'm all for it, but only one person should be named Mr. Football. One example was a kid at my cousin's high school in Troy Ohio. The running back at the time was a beast, recruited by several Big Ten teams and a few SEC teams. The back up headed out to a school in Dayton about 30 miles south and won a player of the year award, while the Troy Trojan's stud Ryan Brewer headed out to the University of South Carolina and done well scoring several TD's against Ohio State in the Outback Bowl. Like I said it may be a little far fetched but it happens and an award like that can get you more of a leeway with college coaches.