Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any new updates on who will be the head coach for the Engineers? i heard over the weekend that theres a Chance that Jones will be the head coach next season. also on the KHSAA website it shows that Jones is the coach
Jones was their coach last year correct?
yea. he's been our coach for the past 7 or 8 years
Strikeout King Wrote:any new updates on who will be the head coach for the Engineers? i heard over the weekend that theres a Chance that Jones will be the head coach next season. also on the KHSAA website it shows that Jones is the coach

It will show that he is till they update for next season.
hope jones gets it back, look bottom line even if they don't get him back, somebody needs to keep the d-wing intact, it will be impossible to learn a new offense effectively with only 1 month to learn it.
Jones will be back. The only hold up is the Supt. he will eventually give in.
I hope Jones does come back, they gave us a great game when they played up here at Breathitt. The first game was one of the best Ive seen in awhile. He had the program on track.
Jones is an Excellent coach. one of the best. theres just one thing that i dont get, he will not call any colleges for the players.
William Muney Wrote:Jones will be back. The only hold up is the Supt. he will eventually give in.

Dont think he will give in. You would hope they would wise up. Seems that KARMA may have set in. The only reason the Supt. put on pressure before cause his job was on the line:flush: .
Strikeout King Wrote:Jones is an Excellent coach. one of the best. theres just one thing that i dont get, he will not call any colleges for the players.

Dont think you know as much you as usual:moon:
yea i do. bc if he had called schools for the players then Benedict wouldnt have to be a walk on at EKU. Benedict was in the Top 10 leaders in Fullbacks theses past 2 season
Strikeout King Wrote:yea i do. bc if he had called schools for the players then Benedict wouldnt have to be a walk on at EKU. Benedict was in the Top 10 leaders in Fullbacks theses past 2 season

Benedict wants to walk on at Eastern, although that's not a done deal yet, he's got other options, but that is the one he is interested in, you have no clue what he does for his players, but honestly many of them just choose not to go, there's nothing wrong with that.
why would he wanna be a walk on? i heard something about Benedict going to Morhead
Strikeout King Wrote:why would he wanna be a walk on? i heard something about Benedict going to Morhead

When you think about the price of tuition at Cumberland, and Union it would be cheaper to walk on at Eastern.
Lucky13 Wrote:When you think about the price of tuition at Cumberland, and Union it would be cheaper to walk on at Eastern.

i see what your talking about now. is the thing with morhead true? i know my cousin just singed his letter of intent to play football at mayville state in north dakota
he is going to walk on at morehead, and yes if you don't have great financial or a huge scholarship, the private schools cost entirely too much. also if he is into academics, the privates don't have near as much to offer as the bigger schools. we do really need jones to come back, but you do have to see the super's side on it, jones has a lot of bad press and i know it is b.s. but he is not going to loose his job for jones to keep his. everybody's got mouths to feed at home.
Estill Co had a awesome year last year. Hope they continue.
Estill has had success in the past and without the double wing. It's not hard to line up in the Power I or Bone and get the same result which is a ball control offense. You do not have to run the double wing to be successfull at Estill.
I am just saying it is not an absolute must.
any new information yet about who the coach is gonna be?