Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Vilarino's dad says Calipari will regret not keeping his son
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When speaking to inherited signee G.J. Vilarino this spring, new Kentucky coach John Calipari noted how he preferred big guards. Vilarino, who has been listed at 5-foot-11, got the hint. He looked for another school and, fortunately at such a late date, landed at Gonzaga.

Then last week, Kentucky signed Eric Bledsoe, who was listed at 6-foot when he played in the Derby Festival Basketball Classic.

Huh?.........

http://www.kentucky.com/818/story/790532.html

How Good Was Valarino?
Cal wont regret anything, because the recruits we got instead of vilarino blow him out of the water.
I think that we got the better player and that is all that matters.
This guy is an idoit, does he really think that his kid came play against the people Coach Cal has gotten? I think he is walking on thin ice with the Big Blue Nation.
I understand him sticking up for his son. I would have probably done the same for my son; but, I would have also done the same thing Coach Cal did for the betterment of next year's team.
Vilarino is a good player. Im not taking anything away from him. You have to be good to play at a program like Gonzaga. But if I had to choose between him or Bledsoe. I mean the answer would be unanimous. I wish him luck though.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I understand him sticking up for his son. I would have probably done the same for my son; but, I would have also done the same thing Coach Cal did for the betterment of next year's team.

crazyfan4 Wrote:Vilarino is a good player. Im not taking anything away from him. You have to be good to play at a program like Gonzaga. But if I had to choose between him or Bledsoe. I mean the answer would be unanimous. I wish him luck though.

I agree with both points. I am a fan of Vilarino's. I am one who believes that he can play at UK. He will put TEAM first, IMO that is not something that we would get from Wall. Everyone is enamored with Wall, but Wall is not the right guy to run a team of scorers. Bledsoe is a team guy and with his size would be my choice over V, but I believe V would not have been a bad choice. When you have the size and athletecism that this team has, you do not have to have a 6-4 PG. V is a better offensive Devan Downey. Would anyone not take Downey on this team?????
i wish the best for him and hope he uses it for motivation to improve his game but coach cal will never have a regret about his decisions. the man makes calculated decisions so most of the time he's right.
beasy_bo Wrote:i wish the best for him and hope he uses it for motivation to improve his game but coach cal will never have a regret about his decisions. the man makes calculated decisions so most of the time he's right.

We hope he gets most of the choices right, but don't think he makes the right choice all the time.... He has had many kids that were the wrong kid. It's easy to look at the few SUPERSTARS that he has brought in to his programs in the past, but not all of them work out. It's easy to got look up on the internet the greats from his programs, but off the top of your head, who is the top players that he has brought into his programs that have had Great Careers???

Rose and Camby?
Stardust Wrote:I agree with both points. I am a fan of Vilarino's. I am one who believes that he can play at UK. He will put TEAM first, IMO that is not something that we would get from Wall. Everyone is enamored with Wall, but Wall is not the right guy to run a team of scorers. Bledsoe is a team guy and with his size would be my choice over V, but I believe V would not have been a bad choice. When you have the size and athletecism that this team has, you do not have to have a 6-4 PG. V is a better offensive Devan Downey. Would anyone not take Downey on this team?????

Devan Downey was my favorite PG to watch last year
theVILLE Wrote:Devan Downey was my favorite PG to watch last year

Which is the type of player Villarino is
personally he made a good choice because now of days guards are 6'3 6'5 and so on and it would have been easy to guard this man
wildcat1323 Wrote:personally he made a good choice because now of days guards are 6'3 6'5 and so on and it would have been easy to guard this man

Really? You mean like it's easy to guard Devan Downey, Nate Robinson, Ty Lawson - all guys 6-0 and below?????
Stardust Wrote:Which is the type of player Villarino is
Not on his best day is he a Downey
Calipari will not regret anything! Bledsoe is a better player then GJ anyway and Wall is a better player than Bledsoe so where does that put GJ?
JOBAKKA Wrote:Not on his best day is he a Downey
true that this kid is not even close to downey and first of all he has to prove himself.