Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro 42 Prestonsburg 20 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Disappointing is all I can say. Go PIRATES!!
What happened at the end I thought Pburg had gotten back in this one?
I really thought Pburg could win this one, and the comeback was great...they didnt quit.

Thanks BCF4L
They did, but couldn't stop M-boro. All night M-boro ran a hitch route and P-burg gave the receivers 15 yards cushion all night. P-burg's defense is what cost them the game. The offense came out with everything in them. Their DB's are weak and short. I think between the 2 DB's they average around 5'6 or something. Maines is only around 5'2 or 5'3 and craynon isn't much taller.
They'll be back next year.
Belfry will win easily next week also. M-boro isn't much from what I could hear on the radio. Plus they lost about 6 starters due to injury tonight.
Tough loss for P-burg. Congrats to Middlesboro and good luck next week.
anyone got a final score on the pburg/middlesboro game?
There you go.
good luck to Belfry even though your not going to need it
really tough loss for the blackcats, i was really looking forward to seeing some of my new friends next week. with that said i know the seniors on this team must be disappointed with the way thier high school careers ended tonight, but please dont be, from what they showed on sports overtime tonight you all played your hearts out. you can be proud in the fact that you turned an 0-5 start around and never gave up when it would have been awfully easy to just lay down and quit. this program will no doubt be better for the impressions you must have left on the underclassmen.
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:really tough loss for the blackcats, i was really looking forward to seeing some of my new friends next week. with that said i know the seniors on this team must be disappointed with the way thier high school careers ended tonight, but please dont be, from what they showed on sports overtime tonight you all played your hearts out. you can be proud in the fact that you turned an 0-5 start around and never gave up when it would have been awfully easy to just lay down and quit. this program will no doubt be better for the impressions you must have left on the underclassmen.

:thumb: Nice post. They never quit and had a chance to win. Pretty much the same way their season went. Got behind early and kept fight back.
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:really tough loss for the blackcats, i was really looking forward to seeing some of my new friends next week. with that said i know the seniors on this team must be disappointed with the way thier high school careers ended tonight, but please dont be, from what they showed on sports overtime tonight you all played your hearts out. you can be proud in the fact that you turned an 0-5 start around and never gave up when it would have been awfully easy to just lay down and quit. this program will no doubt be better for the impressions you must have left on the underclassmen.
Thanx this means a lot.
P-burg played a tough game I was hoping to see them at Belfry next week. It was a rough season for you guys. Good Luck next year!
GJ Blackcats, I'm proud of all of you.

As far as the game goes, injuries killed P-burg. If they were 100% this one wouldn't have been even close. Peters had a couple carries for around 50 yards, then he blew his knee out by stepping in a whole on the visitor's sideline. Sad that his High School career had to end like that. All the players showed a lot of heart. Hughes took some of the worst shots that I have seen a QB take and just kept getting back up. Shaffer played with a torn hamstring and Hamilton played on one ankle, and he still ran all over M'boro. He probably had around 30 broken tackles.

Keep your heads up guys.
disappointing loss for the blackcats
The game was alot closer than the score makes it out to be. Pburg was only down by 6 with about 5 minutes left in the game and after Derossett took Shaffer, and both Hamilton's out on defense and m'boro scored again and incresed the lead to 12 then it was pretty much over. I feel bad for these SR's because it just wasnt their year, it seemed like they were 3 or 4 big plays away from being 6-4 going into the playoff's. But I know how they are feeling right now, and they should be happy to know that i appreciate and enjoyed every single minute i spent on the field with them because they played their asses off for me and gave it their all when they knew they had another year to play. Thank you boys and believe me when i tell you that it will get better because it doesnt get much worse than your last game. If you ever need ANYTHING then you all know where i live.
Ty RB and all the Great Fans..It has been a great experience playing for prestonsburg and with you...Im sure things will get better as time goes..But tons and tons of great memories...~~!
Red and Black Wrote:The game was alot closer than the score makes it out to be. Pburg was only down by 6 with about 5 minutes left in the game and after Derossett took Shaffer, and both Hamilton's out on defense and m'boro scored again and incresed the lead to 12 then it was pretty much over. I feel bad for these SR's because it just wasnt their year, it seemed like they were 3 or 4 big plays away from being 6-4 going into the playoff's. But I know how they are feeling right now, and they should be happy to know that i appreciate and enjoyed every single minute i spent on the field with them because they played their asses off for me and gave it their all when they knew they had another year to play. Thank you boys and believe me when i tell you that it will get better because it doesnt get much worse than your last game. If you ever need ANYTHING then you all know where i live.

Good Post RB, the same applies to me. You all are great guys.
The end of a tough season for P-Burg!
i thought we had it
I thought so too kicker. I was pumped when you guys cut it to 6. I knew the "mo" had switched and you guys were in an awesome rhythm. Then next thing I knew it was 42-20 wondering what the hell happened.
Brenton Hamilton played 110% the hole game ! Especially when brandon peters went down, He had to step up. Dave shaffer, Tyler Hamilton, Kyle boggs, brandon peters, zach ousley, you had a good career at Pburg !!!