Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mark Thompson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any word about Mark Thompson if he is going to be coaching anywhere and is he still going to be teaching at Pike Central?
B-Ball#1TheFan Wrote:Any word about Mark Thompson if he is going to be coaching anywhere and is he still going to be teaching at Pike Central?

Roughly, Mark is staying at Pike County Central to teach, with no admission to the Basketball Program what so ever
Get a job with politics...lose a job with politics...
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Get a job with politics...lose a job with politics...

What do you mean by this?
He will be coaching somewhere.
NEXT Wrote:He will be coaching somewhere.

Who would want him?
If...Then Wrote:Who would want him?

He was and still is a very. VERY. good Asst. Coach, but to answer your question, a few schools.
NEXT Wrote:He was and still is a very. VERY. good Asst. Coach, but to answer your question, a few schools.

He is a good coach but the reputation his 08-09 team gave him makes searching schools think less
If...Then Wrote:Who would want him?

Assistant coach at Belfry next year.
Salimander Wrote:Assistant coach at Belfry next year.

yea thats what I heard asst. at Belfry...can't believe it though....
I Wish Him The Best!!!!!

"pup"
Don't know but I heard either Belfry or Pikeville wants to hire him. Does anybody know?
B-Ball#1TheFan Wrote:Don't know but I heard either Belfry or Pikeville wants to hire him. Does anybody know?

Pretty sure he will be at Belfry.
if he would have used dieb more then that team would have been the 2nd best team in the region
central fan Wrote:if he would have used dieb more then that team would have been the 2nd best team in the region

Yep Dieb was a great player and with wright coach could have went to the next level to play for a big time college...Dieb reminded me of kid up north (Bud Mackey).
yeah i loved watching him play, fast, can shoot fairly well, played good d,and he could jump out of the gym, know i know dunking is a little bit overated but he was the best dunker in the 15th and when he did it, it gave all the players a lift and they played like they were capable after he threw one down with authority......he has told me before that he was going to try to walk on at eastern....i wish him the best
W.I.T.N.E.S.S Wrote:What do you mean by this?

uncle was former assistant superintendent in Pike who strongly influenced athletic hires...uncle is also a former president of the KHSAA board of control...
central fan Wrote:yeah i loved watching him play, fast, can shoot fairly well, played good d,and he could jump out of the gym, know i know dunking is a little bit overated but he was the best dunker in the 15th and when he did it, it gave all the players a lift and they played like they were capable after he threw one down with authority......he has told me before that he was going to try to walk on at eastern....i wish him the best

Walk on at Eastern? Do what? :yikes:
i swear thats what he told me but we havent talked about it since ball season so.....idk what his plans for b-ball after college.
what ever Mark does good luck to him. Mark is a great person just needs to be in a school where the kids and parents listen to him and are behind him. His system calls for a diffrent type of athlete then we offer here in EKY.