Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 Middle School STATE Track Meet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any results to pass along, start posting !!!!
i think belfry just got started how did they have state already?
cuppett777 Wrote:i think belfry just got started how did they have state already?

The middle school track season has been going on for over 2 months already. From my understanding, Ancie Casey contacted Belfry about fielding a team for the last couple of Pike County meets. We were all told that they didn't have a team earlier because they couldn't find anyone to coach it.

The state meet is a great event for middle school kids. They do a great job running it and you always get to see some great athletes. One of our former girls (Laura Perkins) who is a senior on the SV team won the triple jump at state when she was in 8th grade.
Here are the results from yesterday's meet.

http://ky.milesplit.us/meets/46391/results/91473
How did the big boy do from Martha Jane in the shot put!!!!
I did not see his name on the finals list, he may not have went to the meet.
My boy placed 4th in state in Polevault this year. He was the only 6th grader there.
I don't think We have any middle school track team, but I think that is the next thing coach hubbard will do for the schools.
WOW those are some great times for 6th 7th and 8th graders are they accurate. WOW again
If you are looking at the results, then yes they are accurate. It is all electronic and computerized now
This is what we need to do. Get these kids in middle school to go to these events.
I know that I have trouble getting kids to run track because they are working out in the weight room, or playing baseball at the same time as track. I have a 7th grader going to be 8th grader that long jumps 18 feet. If I can get him to run track he would be a State Jumper and set the Record at Russell Middle School.... He jumped 18 feet at the annual track and field day at school....... turned alot of heads!!!