Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Knott County Central as good as their record?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had NO idea that knot Co. Cent. was an 18-2 Ball Club! Are they as good as their record? I can see that the 15th region teams that they have beaten are , well, beatable, but, I really dont know much about most of the 14th region "Period"
chief995 Wrote:I had NO idea that knot Co. Cent. was an 18-2 Ball Club! Are they as good as their record? I can see that the 15th region teams that they have beaten are , well, beatable, but, I really dont know much about most of the 14th region "Period"
We'll see come tournament time. They have played Hazard and Perry Central tough. And they have beat Letcher Central twice. So, looks like Knott could be a favorite in the region.
They are much improved and could very dangerous come tournament time.
Well they really havent played any tough competition besides PCC,HHS,LCC
UkFan23 Wrote:Well they really havent played any tough competition besides PCC,HHS,LCC

I was not going to go that far & say that. You have to admit that it does take some real effort & you have to be ready to play more than a few times to win 18 of 20 games, regardless of the quality of your competition.
I was just curious if they were a Legit 18 game winner. :rockon:
IMO their not an 18-2 team. They have played 3 tough teams and the rest are cake
Tourney time is when boys become men, however, a 18-2 record is nothing to laugh at. The PATS are the real deal.
If...Then Wrote:IMO their not an 18-2 team. They have played 3 tough teams and the rest are cake

They beat Pike central.
Benchwarmer Wrote:They beat Pike central.

One of the other 14 cake teams
They are beating the teams they lost to last season. That shows great improvement. Are they as good as their record will be answered in the tournament. I think this is a team no one will want to draw in the first round of the region.
I will agree that KCC doesnt have the toughest schedule but they are beating the teams they are supposed to beat and they are beating them handily. They could be very dangerous come tournament time.
fanatic11 Wrote:I will agree that KCC doesnt have the toughest schedule but they are beating the teams they are supposed to beat and they are beating them handily. They could be very dangerous come tournament time.

Agreed.
Bluecat Wrote:They are beating the teams they lost to last season. That shows great improvement. Are they as good as their record will be answered in the tournament. I think this is a team no one will want to draw in the first round of the region.

they are beating them with a different team as well
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:they are beating them with a different team as well

Well seeing as you said before the year began that this team wouldn't win many games at all even with the new players, and that these 3 players don't make a team. I don't see how saying that they are playing with a different team is a good reason.
fanatic11 Wrote:Well seeing as you said before the year began that this team wouldn't win many games at all even with the new players, and that these 3 players don't make a team. I don't see how saying that they are playing with a different team is a good reason.

I recall that some said KCC wouldn't win 5 games no matter what and KCC would never beat LCC with coach Dean at LCC.
They have 3 pretty solid pitchers, which keeps them in most games. A lot of other schools may have a "best" but don't go this deep in quality. Those that do have similar records. Coaches usually schedule to their talent. KCC got whacked by most of the same opponents last year. They have earned their record. Definitely something to build on.
KCC is a really young and talneted team. I think they are as good as their record shows. Coach Couch has done an excellent job with the Patriots this year. I think the Pats will be a dangerous team to deal with come tourney time. I still the PCC is the favorite to win region but Pats are a sleeper team you dont want to have to play.
they are by far the best team ive played
I agree the Coach Couch has got the patriots much improved froom last year but their schedule is weak.They have played 3 good teams (LCC,PCC,HHS) other than that they pretty much playd a terrible schedule....I guess we will find out come tournament time if they are an 18-2 team.
They are playing much better
fanatic11 Wrote:Well seeing as you said before the year began that this team wouldn't win many games at all even with the new players, and that these 3 players don't make a team. I don't see how saying that they are playing with a different team is a good reason.

You are right I did, and apparently I was dead wrong. Is that what you wanted to hear?
This Knott Central team has really shocked me. I didnt think that three players would have that much impact on a team, they have proven me wrong though. However I do believe that they should have scheduled some better competition, cupcake teams beaf your record up but doesn't make you better. We'll see if this hurts them in the long run.
Was a good thing for Coach Couch to do getting some wins. They need to get back into that winning mentality, then can start playing some better teams. When you lose for so long, it starts to be a habit, so getting back into the winning is great for this young team. Congrats on a great year, good luck in the Region.