Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry Pirates Schedule 09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Aug 21, 09 Prestonsburg away 7:30 PM
Aug 28, 09 Boyd County home 8:30 PM
Sep 4, 09 Ashland Blazer home 7:30 PM
Sep 11, 09 Letcher County Central away 7:30 PM
Sep 18, 09 Whitley County away 7:30 PM
Oct 2, 09 Pikeville home 7:30 PM
Oct 9, 09 Pike County Central away 7:30 PM
Oct 16, 09 Sheldon Clark home 7:30 PM
Oct 23, 09 East Ridge away 7:30 PM
Oct 30, 09 Johnson Central home 7:30 PM

Still strong as ever. Thoughts or comments about the tough schedule?
They'll win 6 maybe 7...
:flame: TongueirateSho
I think they will loose 3 games.
Recznik Wrote:They'll win 6 maybe 7...
:flame: TongueirateSho

And the GURU of Pike County football makes his prediction !!!!!!!:Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Thumbs:
should win 7 to 8 and depending how fast the grow together could possible win them all put they got to work hard..
Who is going to replace Ivan Lee? Where did he go to college at?
According to most, Belfry will not be as strong this year as in the past.

I happen to think the backfield will be very good. But I have no idea what they have up front - and that is where they need to be strong.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Who is going to replace Ivan Lee? Where did he go to college at?

Ivan will be attending Pikeville College. There are several that will be able to run the ball... They may not be as bigas Ivan but you gotta be able to catch em' to stop em'....LOL.... :biggrin:
cougarpride08 Wrote:Who is going to replace Ivan Lee? Where did he go to college at?

Thomas Varney was actually Belfry's leading rusher last year, he will return.
phs1986 Wrote:Ivan will be attending Pikeville College. There are several that will be able to run the ball... They may not be as bigas Ivan but yo
u gotta be able to catch em' to stop em'....LOL.... :biggrin:
you took the words right out of my mouth..
no big backs like ,ivan,may,howard or jones, but all around preatty fast backs...
9-1, Belfry is still Belfry, TRADITION.
IMO there are seven to eight possible losses on the schedule.
Aug 21, 09 Prestonsburg away 7:30 PM

This is a really tough schedule for a young Pirate team. FWIW, a schedule that was much needed for the past two years and would have made a definate difference in the outcome of the past two seasons.

I see three for sure wins:
Pikeville
Pike Central
East Ridge

4 wins that should go our way if we are healthy, controlling turnovers and being equal on both sides of the ball
Prestonsburg
Letcher Central
Boyd Co
Ashland

The remaining 3 games will take an above average to great effort as well as great execution to pull off. IMO they are games we could lose(possibly bad) or win(closely). Along with the factors in winning the above 4 games, we must have 2-3 big plays, excellent line play and prevent the big play while on defense. If all this happens the results should be fine.
Whitley Co
Sheldon Clark
Johnson Central

Final record should be somewhere between 6-4 and 8-2.
You are so right Wooderson, but the key is to schedule great competition YEAR after YEAR.

I know where you are coming from with your breakdown but I see it a bit differently. However, I am almost certainly not as familiar with Belfry's talent as you.

Sure Things:
Pikeville;
Boyd Co;
Prestonsburg;
Pike Central;
East Ridge

Toss Ups:
Sheldon Clark (They do return some good talent right?)
Letcher County Central

Losses:
Whitley Co.
Ashland
Johnson Central

BTW, I think ONLY Johnson Central will beat Belfry handily. I think they play any other teams who may beat them fairly close.

I know everyone seems to think Belfry will be so weak up front - and maybe they will, but it just seems to me like they have talented athletic (though young) kids in excess to put on the field.

One thing is for sure, for Pirate fans - it is going to be a great season to watch!!
Real Badman Wrote:IMO there are seven to eight possible losses on the schedule.

you must be smoking crack...
wooderson Wrote:Aug 21, 09 Prestonsburg away 7:30 PM

This is a really tough schedule for a young Pirate team. FWIW, a schedule that was much needed for the past two years and would have made a definate difference in the outcome of the past two seasons.

I see three for sure wins:
Pikeville
Pike Central
East Ridge

4 wins that should go our way if we are healthy, controlling turnovers and being equal on both sides of the ball
Prestonsburg
Letcher Central
Boyd Co
Ashland

The remaining 3 games will take an above average to great effort as well as great execution to pull off. IMO they are games we could lose(possibly bad) or win(closely). Along with the factors in winning the above 4 games, we must have 2-3 big plays, excellent line play and prevent the big play while on defense. If all this happens the results should be fine.
Whitley Co
Sheldon Clark
Johnson Central

Final record should be somewhere between 6-4 and 8-2.

they will lose to asland before they lose to sheldon clark
Just have to add - how proud I am of Coach Haywood and his staff for putting together this fine schedule.

I know there are administrative issues, i.e. the cost of fuel, etc. But, we all know how important Belfry football is to that community and I feel like the staff/administration responded to some of the criticism I and others put forward the last couple seasons.

Maybe I am giving myself and the other vocal internet folk too much credit. It ultimately doesn't matter. Coach, his staff, and the adminstration continue to do a great job. For that I salute you guys!

Losing Coach Mick makes this post mean more to me. I can't fathom the day Haywood actually hangs it up. If you read this board Coach, just know that I think you should hold on to that headset until the very last day you can manage it! The town, school, and boys are better for it if you do.

Now - start whipping some 180lb's into mean/lean lineman so that we can dominate the LOS and beat all of these good teams on the schedule this year.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Thomas Varney was actually Belfry's leading rusher last year, he will return.

Is it me or has thomas varney been playing high school football for more than 4 years??
I feel sorry for belfry i think they will lose this year on senior night against JC.
Pond creek nation Wrote:Is it me or has thomas varney been playing high school football for more than 4 years??

LOL... It's you... Thomas was IS only a junior this year.... He will be a senior next year!!
bac2369 Wrote:I feel sorry for belfry i think they will lose this year on senior night against JC.

they may do it,but jc hasnt never beat them yet
Its hard to tell how this season will go..
cuppett777 Wrote:you must be smoking crack...

Wow I love gettin insulted like that. I never said Belfry was going to lose all of those games I said they were possible losses. But you cant not expect me to believe Belfry will beat Whitley, Johnson, and Letcher Counties. Ashland, Boyd Co, Sheldon Clark, and Prestonsburg will be toss-ups. Pikeville could be an intrestring match-up. I see them beating East Ridge and Pike Central. So the next time you get on here and publicly and say I do illegal drugs understand what im saying first:eyeroll:
Real Badman Wrote:Wow I love gettin insulted like that. I never said Belfry was going to lose all of those games I said they were possible losses. But you cant not expect me to believe Belfry will beat Whitley, Johnson, and Letcher Counties. Ashland, Boyd Co, Sheldon Clark, and Prestonsburg will be toss-ups. Pikeville could be an intrestring match-up. I see them beating East Ridge and Pike Central. So the next time you get on here and publicly and say I do illegal drugs understand what im saying first:eyeroll:

just a saying chill out,
its possible they could lose them all,they wont lose to boyd,sheldon clark,pikeville,east ridge,pc
Real Badman Wrote:Wow I love gettin insulted like that. I never said Belfry was going to lose all of those games I said they were possible losses. But you cant not expect me to believe Belfry will beat Whitley, Johnson, and Letcher Counties. Ashland, Boyd Co, Sheldon Clark, and Prestonsburg will be toss-ups. Pikeville could be an intrestring match-up. I see them beating East Ridge and Pike Central. So the next time you get on here and publicly and say I do illegal drugs understand what im saying first:eyeroll:

Belfry should be the prohibitive underdog against Whitley and JC. But, you are definately up-selling Letcher Central and Pikeville.
5-5 Not The Same Belfry
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry should be the prohibitive underdog against Whitley and JC. But, you are definately up-selling Letcher Central and Pikeville.

I never said anything about pikeville compeating with Belfry. I just said it could be an intreasting match-up depending on how Pikeville plays. I expect Belfry to beat Pikeville by somewhere between 2-5 TDs. Letcher Central on the other hand is a differnt story. I dont expect Belfry beating LCC but it could happen.
I think one of Belfrys biggest problems will be replacing a leader on both sides of the ball like Charlie Dotson
Pages: 1 2