Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge 9 Shelby Valley 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Joel Meade has 19 K's in the complete game shutout.
WOW! Congratulations Warriors and a big congratulations to Joel!
Congrats ER.
Congrats ER.
Valley just didn't hit well this game.
Congrats ER
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Joel Meade has 19 K's in the complete game shutout.
19 K's....REALLY?
FOX SPORTS Wrote:19 K's....REALLY?

Yes 19 k's. One of the most dominating performances ive ever seen in high school baseball.....East Ridge claims the #1 seed in the 59th district after this win.

Congrats ER
:worthy:
baseballfan606 Wrote:Yes 19 k's. One of the most dominating performances ive ever seen in high school baseball.....East Ridge claims the #1 seed in the 59th district after this win.

Congrats ER
:worthy:
Wow!

19K's is BIG
very impressive
And congrats Warriors on the # 1 seed.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Wow!

19K's is BIG
very impressive
And congrats Warriors on the # 1 seed.
State record is 20 K in a seven inning game

19 ties for 9th in KY history
Congrats East Ridge!
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Valley just didn't hit well this game.

:thatsfunn You don't say?
Uncle Fester Wrote::thatsfunn You don't say?

Remember the first time these 2 teams met? Joel pitched right? Nothing changed, except for ER fielded this game and Valley couldn't get a base hit.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:Remember the first time these 2 teams met? Joel pitched right? Nothing changed, except for ER fielded this game and Valley couldn't get a base hit.

They couldn't even touch Meade this game...ER didn't have to field because of so many strike outs.
Congrats ER
actually there was a stand up triple hit in the 1st against Meads....but he obviously shook it off and kept his head in the game
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:actually there was a stand up triple hit in the 1st against Meads....but he obviously shook it off and kept his head in the game

Yes thats true but I think he only gave up 3 hits.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:State record is 20 K in a seven inning game

19 ties for 9th in KY history

Nice research Fox. Again, very impressive Joel, congratulations.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:They couldn't even touch Meade this game...ER didn't have to field because of so many strike outs.

True. But, I was just backing up his smart remark.
Nice shutout
Grats ER!
Joel is good pitcher, but Pikeville hammered him at ER this year. He could learn from Trey Lawson about how to set hitters up. 19 K's against Valley does not impress me as they are extremely young. Let coach have a couple years at the helm and you will see a new Valley baseball team.
Commanche Wrote:Joel is good pitcher, but Pikeville hammered him at ER this year. He could learn from Trey Lawson about how to set hitters up. 19 K's against Valley does not impress me as they are extremely young. Let coach have a couple years at the helm and you will see a new Valley baseball team.

And then East Ridge turned around and pulled out a win against Pikeville. Meade and Lawson are both good pitchers. You cannot take anything away from Joel just because Pikeville beat East Ridge's team once and Valley is a young ball club. 19Ks is 19Ks.
thetribe Wrote:[B]And then East Ridge turned around and pulled out a win against Pikeville. [/B]Meade and Lawson are both good pitchers. You cannot take anything away from Joel just because Pikeville beat East Ridge's team once and Valley is a young ball club. 19Ks is 19Ks.

Lawson beat Pikeville not Joel. Joel needs to learn to pitch and not get down on himself or his team.

19 K's against Valley is not 19 K's against Pikeville, JC, Paintsville, LC, SC, Pike Central or Belfry.
I didn't say that Joel beat the Panthers, I said that East Ridge did. A team effort is a team effort, a win is a win for the team. I agree that Joel needs to stop getting so frustrated when anything at all happens, keeping his head in the game is very important when trying to throw consistently. The point is, he got it, you can't take that away from him. You can't disregard it or take it out of the record books just because it was against Shelby Valley. They field a team therefore anything that happens against it, happens.
Uncle Fester Wrote::thatsfunn You don't say?

uh the first time these teams met SV hit his pitches all night so SV did have a bad batting night and Taking nothing away from Joel 19 k's is great but honestly ER fielded better and SV didnt bat good so thats the only thing changed in this match up. so congrats and good luck, But I'm Still FOR SHELBY VALLEY
Why are people saying that East Ridge fielded better? They only had to get TWO (2) outs in the field. 19 K's is absolutely amazing, and you don't need to have any fielders when you're doing that. Stop talking about how ER fielded so well this game when they didn't even need to!