Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ER 7 Pikeville 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
grats East Ridge
Congrats ER.
So much for Pikeville turning the corner.
The warriors played a great game tonight.
what happened to p_ville???
who pitched? meade?
IntheZone Wrote:what happened to p_ville???
who pitched? meade?

Lawson pitched for ER and Meade came on in the 7th to get the final out....Huffman and Cecil pitched for Pikeville.
Congrats ER
good win for ER
Kind of a shocker out of the 15th. Congrats Warriors!
Congrats East Ridge
Absolutely pathetic. No excuse for this. When you are trying to become on of the top programs in the region again, losses like this are major setbacks.
congrats east ridge..
wow wht happend panthers?

looks like east ridge owns district again over here??
Panther Thunder Wrote:Absolutely pathetic. No excuse for this. When you are trying to become on of the top programs in the region again, losses like this are major setbacks.

Absolutely correct. Cant blame the coach for this one, other than them not being focused. I caught the last few innings and the Pikeville kids played with zero heart. The young players seemed to be playing hard but all juniors and especially the seniors had their heads buried in their tails. Dingus is a senior and played well but other than that it was pathetic. I think Pikevilles seniors have not taken a leadership role that is positive for the underclassmen. All of the seniors better realize that they have about 2 weeks left in their baseball careers and then it is off to the softball fields where rotting baseball players go to die. If Harmon and Luke give the same intensity as Dingus, this team would be a regional contender. Huffman ticked the umpire off in the second inning and doomed himself and the team. Harmon let them have the first run by pulling up on a routine fly and letting it drop.
Guys theres no sense in being sore losers.
Dont take anything from ER. They did beat u last year too.
baseballfan606 Wrote:Guys theres no sense in being sore losers.

Not taking anything away from ER. They are solid and Trey pitched a fabulous game. Elswick had a big blow and they all played error free baseball. Yes they deserve the No. 1 seed.

But head to head, Pikeville would win 8 of 10. Remember ER only has beaten Pikeville twice in ER's existence. Facts are facts.
baseballfan606 Wrote:Guys theres no sense in being sore losers.

Didn't Pikeville just beat ER by about 15 a few days ago???
Congratulations East Ridge. Wasn't expecting this at all.
Congrats ER.
Commanche Wrote:Not taking anything away from ER. They are solid and Trey pitched a fabulous game. Elswick had a big blow and they all played error free baseball. Yes they deserve the No. 1 seed.

But head to head, Pikeville would win 8 of 10. Remember ER only has beaten Pikeville twice in ER's existence. Facts are facts.

I have to agree with you there...that is true. But its not like ER is a terrible team...certainly not the best...but not the worst either.

Bottom line is pikeville thought they could come out and just go through the motions of baseball and win...but they were wrong...I dont care who u are...if u come out and dont play baseball the way your team should....you dont win. Simple as that.
Commanche Wrote:Absolutely correct. Cant blame the coach for this one, other than them not being focused. I caught the last few innings and the Pikeville kids played with zero heart. The young players seemed to be playing hard but all juniors and especially the seniors had their heads buried in their tails. Dingus is a senior and played well but other than that it was pathetic. I think Pikevilles seniors have not taken a leadership role that is positive for the underclassmen. All of the seniors better realize that they have about 2 weeks left in their baseball careers and then it is off to the softball fields where rotting baseball players go to die. If Harmon and Luke give the same intensity as Dingus, this team would be a regional contender. Huffman ticked the umpire off in the second inning and doomed himself and the team. Harmon let them have the first run by pulling up on a routine fly and letting it drop.

I didn't expect much from Huffman, I knew he just didn't have it in him but I am very dissapointed in Harmon. He was an unbelievable athlete in 8th grade and honestly has not gotten a whole lot better in any sport. Seems like a nice kid but I am really surprised that his work ethic and leadership skills are as poor as they are. He better change fast or the football program at G-town will eat him up. That program demands hard work and I am not sure if he is cut out for it. All in all, this senior class at Pikeville has been dissapointing in all sports, boys and girls!
Nice win ER
Cover3 Wrote:I didn't expect much from Huffman, I knew he just didn't have it in him but I am very dissapointed in Harmon. He was an unbelievable athlete in 8th grade and honestly has not gotten a whole lot better in any sport. Seems like a nice kid but I am really surprised that his work ethic and leadership skills are as poor as they are. He better change fast or the football program at G-town will eat him up. That program demands hard work and I am not sure if he is cut out for it. All in all, this senior class at Pikeville has been dissapointing in all sports, boys and girls!

As for the girls there are only a couple in the senior class PERIOD! Christina Johnson was the only senior on volleyball & basketball. Sam May and not sure who else were soccer seniors. Johnson & May both play softball. Maybe a big senior cheerleading class, but not many girls in it that play anything.........

Don't blame the girls for a baseball loss, that is HILARIOUS!
baseballfan606 Wrote:I have to agree with you there...that is true. But its not like ER is a terrible team...certainly not the best...but not the worst either.

Bottom line is pikeville thought they could come out and just go through the motions of baseball and win...but they were wrong...I dont care who u are...if u come out and dont play baseball the way your team should....you dont win. Simple as that.
No ER is no a terrible team. But when you want to compete for a state title, which is the goal. You have to higher expectations and cannot accpet losses like these.
Congrats ER