Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former Red's son excelling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When people observe Hunter Jones play baseball for the first time, they’re often left with one question. Why?

Not, “Why is he so good?” Size, strength, speed and skill pretty much tell that tale.

Not, “Why are scouts so high on him?” Bat speed, range, power, arm strength and major league bloodlines make him one of the top prospects in the Midwest.

So why is he at tiny Bellevue High School?

“Yeah,” Jones said recently, “I get that all the time.”

Jones and his famous father tend to answer the question with another question. Why not?

So far, it’s hard to argue with their logic. Jones, in his second year at the school, is receiving attention from pro scouts and the top college programs in the country. He’s helped elevate the once moribund Bellevue program to a state of respectability. He’s put up ridiculously strong statistics. And he’s happy in the small, blue-collar, Kentucky river town.

“He walks to school; he’s two minutes away from school,” said his father Tracy Jones, a former Reds outfielder who moved into a Bellevue riverfront condo before his son’s junior season. “I know Bellevue isn’t a powerhouse. But they treat him really well at Bellevue.”

Still, the decision to attend the 220-student school with no track record of recent baseball success cuts against the grain.........

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/200.../304290110
Very nice find Stardust, I enjoy listening to Tracy on 700 WLW talking about the REDS and his past success as a player...
Navajo4life Wrote:Very nice find Stardust, I enjoy listening to Tracy on 700 WLW talking about the REDS and his past success as a player...

Hunter is an incredible athlete.

Tracy grates on a lot of peoples nerves, but he is nothing like his radio personna. He truly is grounded and is a genuinely "nice guy". Very approachable.
Stardust Wrote:Hunter is an incredible athlete.

Tracy grates on a lot of peoples nerves, but he is nothing like his radio personna. He truly is grounded and is a genuinely "nice guy". Very approachable.

Well said. :Clap: