Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wolfe County 16 Jackson City 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wolves bounce back nicely after horrible 21-6 to Elliott County earlier in the week.

Creech goes 3-4 with 3 ribbies, while Terrill adds three hits and drives in a pair to help the Wolves' cause. Deron has been hitting the ball well the past few games after getting off to a slow start this year. Sallie pitches 5 effective innings to pick up the win.

Nice district win for the Wolves.
The district seeding had already been determined, so i think Jackson pitched a freshmen jv pitcher and the tigers made a bunch of errors in the game. After the second inning, it was a pretty even game. But give credit, where credit is due, gotta play defense and the wolves took advantage of tiger mistakes.
Sounds like Jackson, might be playing possum since the seeding is already detemined. Will be much closer in tournament.
bigben Wrote:The district seeding had already been determined, so i think Jackson pitched a freshmen jv pitcher and the tigers made a bunch of errors in the game. After the second inning, it was a pretty even game. But give credit, where credit is due, gotta play defense and the wolves took advantage of tiger mistakes.

True enough, but Wolfe really needed something nice to happen after the Elliott county game. Another bad showing , and it would have been awfully difficult to recover, IMO.

And, while on the subject, I have to give Elliott County their due. While not reflected in the Lion's W-L record, they are a much improved team this year.
tj10 Wrote:Sounds like Jackson, might be playing possum since the seeding is already detemined. Will be much closer in tournament.

I agree. Next meeting should be a great game.
From looking at the scores, that district sounds like a complete toss up.
Congrats Wolfe Co.
Jackson is just to young to be strong game after game.
Grats Wlfe County
kymom Wrote:Jackson is just to young to be strong game after game.

Thats true, but I watch the jv game after and the whole jv team from top to bottom hit the ball well. May have been one strikeout in the 5 innings. Wolfe looked very good too. These two teams are going to be very good in a couple of years.
Congrats Wolfe