Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: John Luttrell out as Estill football coach.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Apparently health concerns will keep John off the gridiron. Good luck Coach Luttrell, hope everything turns out ok for you.

Who will be next coach for Engineers?

Will Mike Jones be back or will he end up at Powell County?
Estill can't catch a break.
Wow, thats a shock. Estill has alot of hills to climb even before the season begins.
The administration better act fast on this one. If Coach Jones ends up at Powell Co. Estill football will be set back at least 5 years. You could possibly be looking at prior staff and players(both football and basketball) ending up at Powell with him.
OUT OF BOUNDS Wrote:The administration better act fast on this one. If Coach Jones ends up at Powell Co. Estill football will be set back at least 5 years. You could possibly be looking at prior staff and players(both football and basketball) ending up at Powell with him.

Hopefully Mr. Click and Mr. Ballard will not let this happen. They know what these kids need and want. They need to set the politics aside and do whats right.
OUT OF BOUNDS Wrote:The administration better act fast on this one. If Coach Jones ends up at Powell Co. Estill football will be set back at least 5 years. You could possibly be looking at prior staff and players(both football and basketball) ending up at Powell with him.
If he goes no basketball players will go with him - except for his son and he is in 8th grade.
who are some possible canidates for the job? surely more than 1-2 guys come to mind
Express Wrote:If he goes no basketball players will go with him - except for his son and he is in 8th grade.

I wouldn't be so sure, there are some that have considered it.
Mike Jones is the best possible option, not to mention what others have mentioned about players or coaches leaving. I know of two or three coaches at least that would be willing to make that move.
Please get this one right. Fix the mistake that was made by letting Coach Jones go in the first place. He is what our boys need, he has proven that. If Coach Jones is so wrong don't you find it a bit odd that all of these boys still want him as a coach. As adults we can sometimes lose sight of what is really important. With Coach Jones are boys were safe, they were winners, and they were happy, isn't that what we've always wanted for our children? You don't get many second chances, but the administration has the chance to get this one right, the second time around, please make the right choice. What was stated earlier about losing him and other coaches to Powell County terrifies me. A rival, we cannot lose Coach Jones to Powell County, make this right.
Lucky13 Wrote:Mike Jones is the best possible option, not to mention what others have mentioned about players or coaches leaving. I know of two or three coaches at least that would be willing to make that move.

I heard the coach that left the program may return.:Cheerlead
For the kids sake Mike Jones is the best option.
Express Wrote:If he goes no basketball players will go with him - except for his son and he is in 8th grade.

Not so fast express. There are 2 kids(that also play basketball) that would seriously consider a transfer if Mike gets the Powell job. These 2 kids have legit transfer options that would pass through KHSAA easily. There is also 1 other one that would also check into a transfer as well, he would have a couple of hurdles to get by but nothing impossible. If any or all of these players left it would seroiusly hurt both football and basketball. All of this would be null and void if Mike returns to Estill.
Sorry to hear about Coach Luttrells health issues. Hope he can get everything worked out and gets healthy. I dont know what the admins. intentions are but from what i hear it may be Mike Jones returning. May not be a bad idea cause the kids and some parents have said that is who they want. Just hope everything will fix soon.
OUT OF BOUNDS Wrote:Not so fast express. There are 2 kids(that also play basketball) that would seriously consider a transfer if Mike gets the Powell job. These 2 kids have legit transfer options that would pass through KHSAA easily. There is also 1 other one that would also check into a transfer as well, he would have a couple of hurdles to get by but nothing impossible. If any or all of these players left it would seroiusly hurt both football and basketball. All of this would be null and void if Mike returns to Estill.

I hope the football issues get fixed quickly for the kids sake. Let's just say that the nucleus will stay intact for basketball should Jones go to Powell.
Express Wrote:I hope the football issues get fixed quickly for the kids sake. Let's just say that the nucleus will stay intact for basketball should Jones go to Powell.

The nucleus will most definetly not be intact if the molecules (players) I am speaking of are gone.
Get Well wishes to Coach Luttrell. We were very excited about him here in Estill. Rarely do you find an individual who comes with such praise and recommendations! I think that is a testament to his character. Sorry things did not work out here in Estill, but your health has to have priority!
what if wrong with COL Luttrell? I was in Iraq with him, good man!
The administration at Estill should have a meeting with the players and get their take on this situation. I believe they would find 100 % in favor of Coach Jones returning. It seems that they have decided to throw away 30 more days that a coach could be spending getting these kids ready for the upcoming season.
Maybe the next coach can continue to turn things around there at Estill Co.
EROCK Wrote:For the kids sake Mike Jones is the best option.

After the job Mike Jones did over there I can't believe they didn't do what-ever they had to do to keep him there in the first place.:Hammer3:
i guess the jones faction got their answer, the job was posted yesterday, and they did not have to do that, only teaching jobs have to be posted 30 days. may be time to move on and let the chips fall where they may.
If this adminastration lets Jones get away to Powell Co. there will be changes at the school board next election. The superintendent barely made it through the last board vote on his job status. Their are some ALUM in the county who have a lot of effect on elections that are upset about Jones possibly going to Powell County. A winning football program has a strong effect on small communities like Irvine, as the crowds the last couple of years have proven. We do not need things to become like they were before Mike Jones took over this program.
if they are taking it easy, give them no rest, if their forces are united, separate them, SUN TZU
The Quality Of A Decision Is Like The Well Timed Swoop Of A Falcon, Which Enables It To Strike And Destroy Its Victim Sun Tzu
thought for today Wrote:The Quality Of A Decision Is Like The Well Timed Swoop Of A Falcon, Which Enables It To Strike And Destroy Its Victim Sun Tzu
That's deep.
estill parent Wrote:If this adminastration lets Jones get away to Powell Co. there will be changes at the school board next election. The superintendent barely made it through the last board vote on his job status. Their are some ALUM in the county who have a lot of effect on elections that are upset about Jones possibly going to Powell County. A winning football program has a strong effect on small communities like Irvine, as the crowds the last couple of years have proven. We do not need things to become like they were before Mike Jones took over this program.

The admin. better be doing something cause i talked to some people from Powell today that have a lot of pull and know the right people. They said Jones could very much be the next coach at Powell. If the people from Estill dont want this they better be talkin to someone cause it could happpen quick.:eyeroll:
After the job Mike Jones did last season, What are they thinking ?
Powell has every thing to gain and Estill has every thing to lose in this deal.
It will be funny if Jones ends up at Powell co. and beats Estill. Talk about some unhappy people in Estill.
P.C.Defense Wrote:After the job Mike Jones did last season, What are they thinking ?
Powell has every thing to gain and Estill has every thing to lose in this deal.
It will be funny if Jones ends up at Powell co. and beats Estill. Talk about some unhappy people in Estill.
That will take the rivalry to a new level. Wouldn't you agree?:redboxer:
Pages: 1 2